Don't Save Anyone!

I think this is one of Yeager's better videos in which he discusses not just treating someone who has been woulnded/injured but the ironic response he gets from some when he does!

I carry a good deal of emergency medical supplies with me in my vehicle and shooting bags - even though it's been quite a few years since I worked as an EMT I want to at least be able to help OR provide needed items to someone on scene who has more experience than I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uqp87-tt_j0

Edited by RobertNashville
That is good advise , never thought of it that way you never know when you might need one , thanks Robert I think I'll try and find one to put in my truck , I don't know how to use one but you never know some one else may and it may save someone's life , and it may even be mine .

thanks for posting.  good video and he makes good points.  
maybe i'll start carrying two bags ... my "for everyone else" bag, and the "to use on me" bag.

I wonder if there's a moral patch for that...
My med kit is the same size and it has quick clot and two chest seals on top of all the stuff Yeager has in his.

Just wanted to talk smack. I actually agree with him despite how much I want not to. I see stuff all the time about not treating people because of the liability you assume when you do. If you aren't trained and feel as if you may do more harm than good, then that is understandable, but the nonsense I hear from folks who say that you shouldn't do it either way because you open yourself up to civil liability is a person without proper priorities. Yes, it could happen. It also might not. I'm doing the right thing for the "might not" people, and if it turns out they want to sue I'll deal with that with a clear conscience.
  • Like 1

My med kit is the same size and it has quick clot and two chest seals on top of all the stuff Yeager has in his.

Just wanted to talk smack. I actually agree with him despite how much I want not to. I see stuff all the time about not treating people because of the liability you assume when you do. If you aren't trained and feel as if you may do more harm than good, then that is understandable, but the nonsense I hear from folks who say that you shouldn't do it either way because you open yourself up to civil liability is a person without proper priorities. Yes, it could happen. It also might not. I'm doing the right thing for the "might not" people, and if it turns out they want to sue I'll deal with that with a clear conscience.

Good Samaritan laws should cover you even if you are trained as long as you don't do anything too stupid or outside your training.

Excellent video and a sound argument for "doing the right thing". We have to follow our own moral compass.

If I am forced to shoot someone (I pray that never happens), it is not to kill them...but to halt their violent aggressive action. After that, when I am confident the scene is safe enough, I will render care. It's my choice and my plan.

The other point is to have the gear available and accessible for self-care, or to be used by someone else to treat you.

I keep a "mini-BOK" in my right hip pocket. It contains a TQ, Emergency bandage, and a small PriMed gauze (for wound packing). I keep what Yeager describes as their VOK, of my own making, in my rangebag, in my auto's, in my GHB, and rifle cases.

Way back before dirt was invented and I was a Corpsman, I made sure all of the young Marines in my charge had identical med gear in a known location, on their persons, and damn well made sure that each of them knew the what, where, and how of it.

It's just common sense. And it is good to hear it being discussed.

Disclaimer: I am an RN (ER) and long ago had EMT Creds and I have stopped at many, many MVC's (car wrecks) over the years and given care. I have never once been threatened with a lawsuit.

Thanks for posting the vid Robert.

Self Care and Buddy Care should be as much a part of our training and practice as shooting holes in things.  Just my unsolicited and ever devaluing $.02 worth.  :cool:

Edited by prag
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

that's a decent kit and great price.  I carry a smaller kit in case I get hurt or one of my co-workers.  I spent more in order to get something more complete and also in a smaller package.  I have the tallboy from It's tactical.  Luckily I haven't had to use it yet, but its there strapped on my lower back on my plate carrier vest.