Springfield Armory XD-M. What's up?

DWARREN123

Anyone have one? what do you think? How does it shoot? Any problems and how does it carry concealed?

I know I'm full of questions but I am thinking about one in 40 S&W of course.

I am kind of a Glock guy but would change for a better all around handgun if there is one out there. :up:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Anyone have one? what do you think? How does it shoot? Any problems and how does it carry concealed?

I know I'm full of questions but I am thinking about one in 40 S&W of course.

I am kind of a Glock guy but would change for a better all around handgun if there is one out there. :up:

Good thing you want one in .40SW since that's the only caliber they come in at the moment. It's a competition pistol. I don't really think its meant to be carried but I'm sure there are those that do it. If you want something to carry, the regular XD line would better suit your needs I think.

I finally got the chance to fondle one of these at a shop the other day. I can't comment on how it shoots or anything, but as a Glock is my usual gun, I love the feel of it in my hands. I also like how slim the grip feels compared to a G21sf. as for concealability, I'm a smallish guy (5'10" 155lbs) I could conceal it. I may have to go up a half size, but to hide the G21 I've gotta go up a full size dress shirt and from a s/m to an m/l t'shirt, depending on fit. If you're bigger than me, concealability shouldn't be a problem if you're okay carrying big guns.

Guest abailey362

I have one and think it's a great gun. Shot IDPA this weekend with it and it did great...much better than I did :up:

as far as carry...no one can answer that but you. Some only like to carry tiny guns, while others like to carry full size ones. The XD(M) will fall much closer to the full size side of things. It is tall and long, but not too thinik, especially for having 17 rds of .40 S&W at your side.

I've held one...Seems a little big, and since it was made for competition.

I would just go ahead and buy a Competition 1911. That way if you don't like some thing about it, all you have to do is change it. You can buy every thing you ever wanted for a 1911.

As for now you are limited what you can change on the XD, XD-M

I've held one...Seems a little big, and since it was made for competition.

I would just go ahead and buy a Competition 1911. That way if you don't like some thing about it, all you have to do is change it. You can buy every thing you ever wanted for a 1911.

As for now you are limited what you can change on the XD, XD-M

There is a whole slough of stuff for them

http://www.pistolgear.com/products.php?id=15

There is a whole slough of stuff for them

http://www.pistolgear.com/products.php?id=15

I had no idea there was that kind of stuff out for them.

But honestly, I never looked.

I seem to get interested in one thing at a time....Since one thing is about all I can afford to shoot at a time.

But if all the XD talk keeps going on. I might be shooting one of them soon.

But that means I'll have to sell something to afford it.

And as of now about all I own I bought new.

And I'm still a little shy of selling something that has my name tied to it.

Yep, I understand they only come in 40 S&W as of this time. I would want it as a all around gun to include carry. I like the idea of more rounds in the mag and do understand that will make it a larger/heavier platform.

I like the idea of a fully supported chamber and match barrel, I don't know really how it feels in real world use. I have held one with the large grip insert and it felt a little big.

If it could give reliable service and accuracy beyond what I am generally use to I may go for it.

As for owning one I would have to trade something for it as the wife says I have spent my gun budget for this year and possibly some of next years.

Thanks for the replies.

Well to let everyone know I picked up one today from Tennessee Gun Country in Clarksville, Tn. It is a little bit bigger (lot) than the Glock 23 I am use to. Had to trade the Glocks in on it, my wife said I had spent too much on guns this year and would have to trade. I have not shot it yet but maybe Wenesday or Thursday.

I have been playing with it, very good trigger, makes the Glock trigger feel like it was made of rubber. I got a chance to fire one yesterday, a guy I know had just got one and let me shoot it, damn it was good. It was so much better than the Glock and with the handloads I had made for the Glock.

Accuracy wasvery good, I could do 2 inch group at 25 yards with it rested on a bag and taking my time.

I have been know to shoot a .5 inch target but could only shoot one round to get that.:D After the first round the group got much bigger.:P

Guest abailey362

congrats on the new addition.....which color combination did you end up getting? I wish I'd waited a few weeks and got one of the OD green ones, but still happy with mine.

I've got one, in the bi-tone. Very nice looking gun, feels great in the hand and has an excellent trigger. I'm a glock guy (I carry a 19) but really love the XDm. Very shootable, minimal recoil thanks to the larger size, and 16+1 in 40 can't be beat. Also out in OD now supposedly and with a 9mm (19+1!) on the way. Clearly the best "Glock-like" gun I have ever owned or shot. I am a convert so far. I have very few rounds through it, but just got some spare mags so I can use it in IDPA. Will report further when I put it through its paces. So far:

Positives:

accurate

good grip/ergonomics

16+1

nice lookin gun if aesthetics mean anything to you.

seems well-made and finished so far.

Guest abailey362
d with a 9mm (19+1!) on the way.

you can use a pistol gear 9mm conversion barrel in it now and the .40 mags will hold and feed 19 rds of 9mm (according to the guys on xd talk). The conversion (for a tactical model) will stick out 1/2", but just thread it and make it look cool.