mini14 series180?

sdfd

I got a mini 14 180 series in great condition today wanted for some coyote control. Googled it see all these forums saying not to shoot it cause they don't make parts for it anymore......should I be worried did I just buy a safe queen?
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay good thats what I wanted to hear! I thought they are tuff but wanted some other opinions on it. was going to get a synthetic stock and throw a bipod and scope on it to save the wood stock from getting bet up. But ill just rock it the way it is. Iron sights and all I'm not familiar with the sights that are on it but I'm sure a couple trips to the range ill get it down pat.
Six years ago, while waiting to range qualify for my HCP, I was browsing a shooting magazine in the lounge area of the range. I had just bought a NOS Mini 14 182 series (had never been fired, no wear in the chamber at all). There was an article on the history of the Mini 14, and a gunsmith in Arizona who was interviewed and did a lot of work for law enforcement departments said he had worked on Minis with a million rounds gone through them. They needed some basic tightening up, but functioned perfectly well....made me smile.

Six years ago, while waiting to range qualify for my HCP, I was browsing a shooting magazine in the lounge area of the range. I had just bought a NOS Mini 14 182 series (had never been fired, no wear in the chamber at all). There was an article on the history of the Mini 14, and a gunsmith in Arizona who was interviewed and did a lot of work for law enforcement departments said he had worked on Minis with a million rounds gone through them. They needed some basic tightening up, but functioned perfectly well....made me smile.

'Bout only show stopper that happens to some of them is firing pin breaks. Which is a biggie, cause you have to send in whole rifle to get new one fitted, cause Ruger won't sell them. And the couple of 2nd party pins you can get, nobody claims they hold up worth a crap.

If you could just send in bolt, wouldn't be so bad, but have to send whole rifle, which really sucks.

- OS