New Milled MAK90 with IWD stock!

Smith

So, I got this in a trade and it had the ugly thumbhole stock and hand-guards painted green. Looked Rough. Since then I have threaded the barrel, added a TWS Dog Leg rail w/ Kel-Tec rear peep sight, stripped the paint off the hand-guards and refinished them in several coats of orange shellac. Ordered an Ironwoods stock back in July and just got it this last week. It is beautiful! Finished the stock in several coats of orange shellac and am pretty happy with how it turned out. Contemplating getting the IWD hand-guards to match better but I like the darker shade of the Chu wood. Only real difference is the Chu wood is more porous and has more imperfections ( for cheap wood, I kinda like it) than the solid birch of the IWD. Either way this is a sweet gun. Now that I have the stock I can finally get out and run some rounds through it. 

IMAG1153.jpg

IMAG1155.jpg

IMAG1156-1.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Now all you need is a correct FSB and gas block for your cleaning rod and bayo lug!

Looks good.

Yeah I started that route but the front sight wouldn't budge with a hammer and punch or gear pullers. I have to find someone with a press and do it right.

Failed to remember that Shellac bubbles and blister with heat so I stripped off the shellac and redid everything with Minwax Gunstock and Tung-Oil. I'm happier with the results this go round. It's a little more red than the pics indicate.

IMAG1166.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

Nice. How is your slant brake held on. Did you add on of those spring loaded pins to the FSB?

I haven't drilled the FS block yet. I was thinking of just replacing the GB and FS with correct Bulgarian style and having it fully de-neutered. Right now I have a crush washer and loc-tight on it.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

So, I got this in a trade and it had the ugly thumbhole stock and hand-guards painted green. Looked Rough. Since then I have threaded the barrel, added a TWS Dog Leg rail w/ Kel-Tec rear peep sight, stripped the paint off the hand-guards and refinished them in several coats of orange shellac. Ordered an Ironwoods stock back in July and just got it this last week. It is beautiful! Finished the stock in several coats of orange shellac and am pretty happy with how it turned out. Contemplating getting the IWD hand-guards to match better but I like the darker shade of the Chu wood. Only real difference is the Chu wood is more porous and has more imperfections ( for cheap wood, I kinda like it) than the solid birch of the IWD. Either way this is a sweet gun. Now that I have the stock I can finally get out and run some rounds through it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Where can you buy the keltec rear peep and is it windage and elevation adjustable.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Where can you buy the keltec rear peep and is it windage and elevation adjustable.

You can get them from Kel-Tec directly and they are windage adjustable. You work the elevation on the front sight post. I recommend the aluminum version.

Aluminum version http://www.keltecweapons.com/su-16-and-su-22-rifles/su-16-parts/su16b-365-rear-peep-sight-b-model/

Polymer version http://www.keltecweapons.com/su-16-and-su-22-rifles/su-16-parts/su16-230-rear-sight-peep-all-models/

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
I have subscribed to this thread but I doubt I'll be getting any I like windage and elevation adjustable rear sights.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.