Ted Cruz just ran out the clock!!!

As soon as I woke up this morning I all but ran to the TV to see if he was still standing. Not only was he still standing but he continued on until the official new day has to start at 12pm et. He has to have had a catheter bag hanging on his leg, if not one on both legs. Ted Cruz is a senator that all others should strive to be more like IMO. 

• Like 6
He is doing more recruiting for conservatives
than Karl Rove can fight. And there is a real
battle within the Republican Party, right now.

I hope he can keep going. It's great to see
someone with conviction on the right.
Guest ThePunisher
The commie Dumacrats and Rhino McCain are in the process of criticizing Cruz now. I wish MCCain would just go and switch over to the Dumacrat party along with Corker and Alexander. Edited by ThePunisher

I still think he picked his fight poorly, and even if he wins, he loses here.

I don't think that's completely true, would you rather carry on with the senators that only fight for a garaunteed? I'd like to think that he's given more courage to the house and I hope that the senate catches a whiff of it. Now it may not change the outcome but he has at the very least given the people hope, hope that there are still those that will fight the good fight.

All he had to do to run out the clock was to read the obamacare bill word for word.  He would still be going a week from now.

But a cappella is more of something singing of character, isn't it? It wouldn't have much meaning if he just read it,

or the Communist Manifesto.

How is he losing? He is one man making the message available to the American public, and is doing wonderfully.

He is moving a mountain, one shovel at a time. If you can't get behind this, what can you get behind?

Guest ThePunisher

But a cappella is more of something singing of character, isn't it? It wouldn't have much meaning if he just read it,
or the Communist Manifesto.

It seems that the Dumacrats and Rhinos prefer the Communist Manifesto to the American Constitution.

I don't think that's completely true, would you rather carry on with the senators that only fight for a garaunteed? I'd like to think that he's given more courage to the house and I hope that the senate catches a whiff of it. Now it may not change the outcome but he has at the very least given the people hope, hope that there are still those that will fight the good fight.

Its not that at all.   I agree with him, but, look at it twice.

If he wins:

-he has strengthened the idea that the law of the land can be ignored by those in power.  That is already a serious problem with our government, but we don't need MORE of it.   Like it or not Obamacare was voted into law, signed off by the executive, and even contested and won in the supreme court.  Defunding it now comes across as sore loser and dirty fighter. 

- his fight does not address the problem.  If he wins, and we extend our borrowing after defunding Obamacare, then we ARE STILL INCREASING DEBT.   So conservatives LOSE the fight here regardless.

- If he wins,  conservatives take the blame for the failure of Obamacare.  "it never had a chance because it was illegally defunded" type whines from the left.  If he wins, conservatives will lose more and more of the "middle of the road" voters.  The party is rapidly losing ground with moderates and this is not helping.  Obamacare WILL fail on its own -- but it has to do that.  If it is forced down by conservatives, the point is not made clearly to the liberals. 

- if he wins, you can bet the next time conservatives are in power (if ever) that these tactics will be seen again...... 

and if he loses, he just makes conservatives (or at least himself) look idiotic to anyone who is not already in his camp.   Which is the likely outcome -- same as every other govt shutdown, everyone caves in at the last second and we do it again in 6 months.

Well, using that logic, Obama has delayed provisions of his own law. How is that working out? I don't understand

how defunding that bill, since it is the only way to stop implementation until there is a majority of conservatives in

the senate, is illegal. Look at the EPA. How many regulations have they implemented without legislation to back

it up? And that fence at the Mexican border wasn't funded or appropriated by either of two presidents.

Defunding is the only thing that can work, unless you would rather see this country starve to death by its

implementation. Unemployment is on the increase, and this bill is doing nothing but killing jobs, unless you want

to count an increase in government jobs, which that won't even cover.

I agree with you Jonnin, but someone needed to step up to the plate and expose any Republican who would let

this law become fully implemented because he or she has no spine. Sometime, there are few alternatives and

Cruz is taking a stand. Shutting down the government is all make believe, anyway. I wish it would actually do the

real version until these fools do their damned jobs, for once, because we can't afford it, or the printing of money.

If the Republican Party is to suffer, then so be it. They can die and it won't hurt my feelings, one way or another.

This is one instance that character of one man will shine through. It is something he pledged to do and thank God

he is sticking to his word. The Democrats have everything to lose with this, also.

I don't see this as ignoring anything, except as a backdoor approach to bringing this country back on course with

constitutional law. That one ruling at the Supreme Court was so narrow, it doesn't matter as to the law, itself, but

only to whether it is a tax or not.

Agreed on the first paragraph... the issue is that the more we allow the laws to be twisted and ignored, the worse it gets, and this is a very large law to play games with. 

Yes.  I would rather see it as a tough learning experience for the country than have it seen as a "victim".   It does a lot more than kill jobs.  People are already getting love letters that their insurance package will change next time it is renewed, and not for the better....  

It is too late to stand up to it, because it is already voted for by the spineless folks you mentioned.  I would much, much, much, much rather that he had taken a stand against borrowing more money than trying to fight just obamacare.   You are right, someone DOES need to take a stand, and I support the man.  But I think he picked the wrong fight here -- more borrowing for ANY reason is the fight.   Obamacare is a red herring.

The technical reality... It can't be totally defunded anyway, because it uses lots of funny money. The only way to kill this demon is to regain the senate, keep the house, and repeal the whole damn thing.

With that said, Ted did an awesome thing. Until a real fix can come about, I'm just gonna relish in the fact that Obamacare may kill off some of the tit hangers. 

I still think he picked his fight poorly, and even if he wins, he loses here.  

Yeah?  Tell that to Taffy Three.  There are times you have to fight, even when - or especially when - you're going to lose.  A recurrent complaint about the Republicans in the senate is that they are spineless weasels - to the point where they are indistinguishable from the Democrat weasels.

Win, lose or draw, I want a dog that will fight.

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • Like 4