XDS

Guest rmse9

Has anyone that shipped their XDS back to factory received the repaired pistol yet? Mine has been in their hands for 5 weeks and I am still waiting.

Don't have a fix for it yet I called today and thay are testing diff systems to try and find a fix . At least that is what is own the answering machine after you press # 7 about the XDs recall .
A couple of mondays ago the guy at Nashville Armory said a customer came in earlier and said he had his back already. I guess he could have been lying?

EDIT: This was an outright lie either by the customer that told the employee or the employee, himself. Sorry for posting bad info. Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

Nope , never even shot mine , still there.

I shot mine plenty before it got shipped off and loved it. So, I'm missing mine something fierce. I almost wish I was like you and hadn't shot it. At least then I wouldn't be pining for it back so badly.
  • Like 1

I shot mine plenty before it got shipped off and loved it. So, I'm missing mine something fierce. I almost wish I was like you and hadn't shot it. At least then I wouldn't be pining for it back so badly.

I'm with ya on that ,it does shoot very nice , but so does my wife's m&p shield 9mm , may jest go buy me another shield , and when I get this back IF I ever get it back from them jest sell it . This is Bull$h##t , my sig p238 recall I had was back to me in 2 weeks ,

Don't have a fix for it yet I called today and thay are testing diff systems to try and find a fix . At least that is what is own the answering machine after you press # 7 about the XDs recall .

I just finished reading the endless thread on XDTalk.com about the recall. Multiple people confirm exactly what you are saying:

1) They are still trying to figure out how to fix them.
2) One a fix is identified, they intend to do extensive testing for our safety.
3) If the fix passes testing, they have to order parts from Croatia to performs the repairs.
4) Once the parts arrive in IL, they will begin repairing and mailing back our guns.

I'd be surprised to have my gun back by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Another interesting thing I found out while I was there. The serial number ranges on the guns that were recalled covers somewhere between 225K and 250K guns, which is EVERY XD-S they made. Funny, posting affected serial numbers gave most the impression that all of them weren't affected, which is kind of devious, if you ask me.

This totally sucks. I put many rounds through mine before the recall and it always worked flawlessly and was a good shooter. This is probably my first and last Springfield. I know they make other excellent firearms, but this gives me a totally bitter taste about doing any more business with them.

So we box em up send em to SA and wait till the Croatian wizards come up with a plan.
Will be my last Springfield too...was fun while it lasted, even when learning to hold it with authority.... I really do love my 45 but I want it on my side not on a shelf.....bastards....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1
I also emailed them yesterday and got this as a reply
XD-Sâ„¢ Recall Update 10/04/2013
Dear Springfield Customer,
We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that.
Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.
If you still have further questions please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-Sâ„¢ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to recall@springfield-armory.com
To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827 this is the latest link on the recall and what is going on http://springfieldrecall.com/Recall%20FAQ.asp

420 West Main Street Geneseo IL 61254 USA
www.springfieldrecall.com | recall@springfield-armory.com
Sales and Support: +1 (800) 680-6866 Edited by ted

Havent' heard much of anything new concerning the issue.  Mine arrived at SA on Sept 16 and now I'm just playing the waiting game like everyone else.  Taking into account the total number of pistols affected by the recall, I figured it would take longer than the original specified turn around time, so I'm not really surprised at the delay.  I really like that little .45 and can't wait to get it back in my possesion but I've got other firearms to carry while that one's away.  Personally, I find the constant complaining and whinning about the situation more annoying than the situation itself.  Can't stand being on XDtalk lately for that reason.   

The reason it's taking so long is because after Springfield received your pistols, they sent them to a secret facility hidden deep in the bowels of NYC. Once there all XDS pistols will be retrofitted to become single shot only. In addition to the grip safety and loaded chamber indicator, all guns will be outfitted with fingerprint scanners, DNA analyzers, and an emergency whistle. With all the new upgrades I think 10-12 wk turn around time is more than fair.
  • Like 1

I kinda think it would be cool for your pistola to "double" ever now and then... I've got an old winchester model 50 semiauto twelve ga that will do it once in a while... It's worn down from shootin about a million AA trap loads thru it.... Looks ta me like the XD guys are makin Glock and Smith and Wesson folks out of XD affectionados pretty quickly....  I dont blame ya either...

Heree's hopin your pistolas will come home soon....

leroy

Here is a link to the Guns America Blog where the writer goes into detail about his experience with the recall. He likes what they did to his gun and says it shoots better now than before he sent it back.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xd-s-recall-update-review-of-upgraded-guns/#comments

Pure propaganda Don't ever trust Croatian Kool-Aid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.