Support American Greetings Corp..

Guest sermon8r

Guest sermon8r

I wont buy another Halmark card.......:up:

Hallmark Offers Gay 'Marriage' Cards

HallmarkSameSexCards01-150.jpg

Hallmark Greeting Cards has four designs of same-sex 'marriage' cards that are being released this summer, even though same-sex 'marriage' is legal in only two states — California and Massachusetts. Hallmark says the purpose is to satisfy consumer demand. "It's our goal to be as relevant as possible to as many people as we can," Hallmark spokeswoman Sarah Gronberg Kolell said. The wording inside the card is neutral making them suitable for either a commitment or a wedding ceremony.

Approximately 85,000 same-sex couples in the United States entered into a legal relationship when Hawaii started offering some legal benefits to same-sex partners in 1997. In the next three years, it is estimated nearly 120,000 more couples will marry in California. This means millions of potential dollars for a variety of wedding-industry businesses.

American Greetings Corp., Hallmark's largest competitor, says its current offerings are general enough to speak to a lot of different relationships and has no plans to enter the same-sex 'marriage' card market. [yahoo.com, citizenlink.org]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not see the first thing wrong with Gay marriage and I hope Halmark is very successful with their line of gay wedding cards.

Where do people get off telling others what they can and can't do just because you don't agree with it or it makes you uncomfortable. Fags and lesbians getting married does nto hurt the first person.

Where do people get off telling others what they can and can't do just because you don't agree with it or it makes you uncomfortable.

murder, stealing, drug abuse, etc. makes me uncomfortable as well. I'm just too judgemental.

i thought god said not to judge.

Is it judging, if God already passed the judgment?:)

Guest GUTTERbOY
murder, stealing, drug abuse, etc. makes me uncomfortable as well. I'm just too judgemental.

Is it judging, if God already passed the judgment?:)

Murder and theft do not involve consenting adults, ergo they do not belong in the same category as drug abuse and gay marriage

All four of them make me uncomfortable in varying degrees, but only two of them are my business.

IMO, of course.

Murder and theft do not involve consenting adults, ergo they do not belong in the same category as drug abuse and gay marriage

All four of them make me uncomfortable in varying degrees, but only two of them are my business.

IMO, of course.

It makes no difference if people agree or not. Right is right and wrong is wrong, but that depends on what your foundational basis is for right and wrong. If it is the Bible is the basis, they are all the same. If it is something else then you get to decide what ever you want fits in which category.

However, I find it curious when people "judge" people who "judge" on this basis and then say not to judge because they don't use their same basis. :)

Guest GUTTERbOY
It makes no difference if people agree or not. Right is right and wrong is wrong, but that depends on what your foundational basis is for right and wrong. If it is the Bible is the basis, they are all the same. If it is something else then you get to decide what ever you want fits in which category.

However, I find it curious when people "judge" people who "judge" on this basis and then say not to judge because they don't use their same basis. :)

It doesn't bother me a bit if you think a gay couple is wrong and going to hell. It also doesn't bother me a bit if you choose to boycott Hallmark over something like this. Your money, your decision, your business.

The only thing that bothers me is when people think that their personal morality should be enforced by the government, or when they choose to visit violence upon those they disapprove of... neither of which, of course, are the basis for this thread.

Speaking personally, I prefer to define my moral compass based on logical discourse rather than arbitrary rules written in a book.

What makes your book the supreme ruler? If we based what is right and wrong from religious believes then wouldn't that open the door for Akmhar killing you for being a Christian?I mean after all thats what his book tells him to do

Speaking personally, I prefer to define my moral compass based on logical discourse rather than arbitrary rules written in a book.

An example of where homosexuality has been good for a society then. I think you will find this difficult, because History is littered with examples to the contrary.

The assumption that those with religious beliefs do not have logical discourse in their ideology is absurd to say the least. In fact most religious dialog has had a constant and ongoing logical discourse that has span time immortal. the fact that it is ongoing and renewed with changing cultural climates is a testament to the fact that it has not stopped in it's attempt to test truth, but rather verified the constant drive to validate truth.

What makes your book the supreme ruler? If we based what is right and wrong from religious believes then wouldn't that open the door for Akmhar killing you for being a Christian?I mean after all thats what his book tells him to do

We all base our beliefs on something. The question is, is that basis right or wrong.

The only thing that bothers me is when people think that their personal morality should be enforced by the government, or when they choose to visit violence upon those they disapprove of...

Agreed

Being gay is not a sin - it doesn't mention any where in the bible that the simple acknowledgment of homosexual thought is a crime against God. The action may be, but simply being gay is not.

As for Marriage - I don't like using the same word for it as a "christian" marriage but that is my opinion. If the two people involved are bound by the EXACT SAME LAWS as I am and are awarded the same benefits I don't care. The true test of gay marriage will be when the first gay divorce happens.

As for Halmark - there is a nice conservatively owned Hallmark about 1 mile from my office. I have met the owner - we agree on many topics. I will continue to support her.

• Administrator

Alright... I've had it with the religious-centric threads and commentary on TGO. I'll be updating the Code of Conduct later to reflect my annoyance with this stuff, but when commentary becomes "preachy" it needs to stop.

I don't go to church to talk about guns, and I don't come to TGO to talk about religion.

Being gay is not a sin - it doesn't mention any where in the bible that the simple acknowledgment of homosexual thought is a crime against God. The action may be, but simply being gay is not.

Actually, the thought (of any sin) is the sin. The activity that results simply brings the physical consequences into play. The scripture is very on this one. "Thinking" gay is a sin just as much as lusting is adultery and hatred is murder.