getting a stalker's attention

Guest colrmccoll

I’ve seen many of these cases.

I have absolutely no information other than what you have posted to go on, so this is just WAG.

You say this guy has been arrested three times. Did he go to court? What usually happens is that most of the cases are not stalking they are domestic violence. The “victims†don’t appear in court, say they don’t want to pursue charges, or keep making contact with the perpetrator. Usually without the family members that are trying to protect them knowing.

Fathers, brother, etc, get caught up in this feeling that they need to do something. So they go kick the guys azz and then he is the “victim†and they go to jail.

It was okay years ago, (it was called "mutual combat") but now days it isn’t.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU
SSS

Sub-aquatic Safety Services? Yeah, he'd probably have his mind on something else besides the man's daughter if he spent some time in a hyperbaric chamber. ;)

Guest GlockRule

What I would do if I were this girl:

1. get a gun and train with it, get a permit and carry it EVERYWHERE except places where they will pat you down or have metal detectors-don't even bother reading up on where you can legally carry.

2. don't ever tell the guy or make him suspect she has a gun

3. I'm assuming there is some type of restraining order against this guy so if she ever encounters him just shoot the bastard dead.

Guest colrmccoll

Thanks for all the responses. Here are some more of the salient facts.

There has been a restraining order and order of protection each time. Each time he has violated one, he has been arrested and jailed. It took a PI and a dated picture on one occasion to convince the judge that there had been contact. Her word against his no matter how egregious the offense; the system has sided with him.

He is currently in jail, scheduled to be released in December. He has sent her death threats via text message.

Here is the sad part. No matter how scared she is or how helpless her dad has felt, neither will arm themselves. I have ridden shotgun with her several months ago just to get her to and from her work.

I really don't think there is much they can do if they refuse to arm themselves.

It is so plain to me but they are more passive. I fear the eventual result. These guys do not reform.

Well, if the guy AND his daughter will not arm, the guy better make the funeral arrangments.

This clown would probably like nothing better than to give her a Christmas surprise.

Tell your friend we will be reading about her in the paper. We can only hope that will get the dad's attention.

Guest Boomhower
Here is the sad part. No matter how scared she is or how helpless her dad has felt, neither will arm themselves. I have ridden shotgun with her several months ago just to get her to and from her work.

They may be friends of yours, but I don't know if putting yourself in the middle of this situation is the best thing for your interest. What happens if your riding around sometime with her and he strikes, you first? Then what?......It sounds like you are doing all you can to support them, but if they refuse to protect themselves, then let them be sheeple, and rightfully tell them so.

Just my :D

They may be friends of yours, but I don't know if putting yourself in the middle of this situation is the best thing for your interest. What happens if your riding around sometime with her and he strikes, you first? Then what?......It sounds like you are doing all you can to support them, but if they refuse to protect themselves, then let them be sheeple, and rightfully tell them so.

Just my :2cents:

+1

:koolaid:

Guest 270win

The girl needs a gun she can shoot well and learn how to hide. If this guy is out, I don't think i'd want a family member waiting ninety days on a permit to come in the mail, i'd just encourage them to carry and deal with the possibility of a misdemeanor charge and gun confiscated as lesser problem. You can always buy a new gun and pay a fine, but you only have one life.

Dont threaten him dont try to scare him that could just push him farther i dont know the whole situation but sounds llike an x boyfriend or something he probably feels like he owns her, and by him getting by with what he has done so far it gives him a feeling of empowerment and he is addicted to that feeling of screwing with someones life and making them fear him ,these people are the biggest forms of cowards. if the system has failed, and if her and her father refuse to arm themselves and end this, then it will get a lot worse, we really could see her picture in the paper when it ends. a man always has the right or the duty to defend himself and family one way or another. (extreme cases call for extreme measures) :cool::mad:

Edited by jdavis
cant spell

Cobras.JPG

.38 Cobra Derringer

Wear around neck .. you'll never get "made" as carrying.

Pops out of the kydex holder.

Won't be any question about it being self defense, 'cause you probably won't hit anything beyond 10' anyway.

I know, I have one (the derringer, not the holster).

- OS

Just my :cool:

I know that sounds harsh..and, well..it is. but it's right on target. if someone is determined to be a victim then there's not a heck of a lot you can do about it.

"people choose their joys and sorrows long before they experience them".