AR15 trigger suggestions

Geissele triggers are made by Bill Geissele. You won't get one of his triggers for 50 bucks, unless maybe you marry his sister.

ALG Defense and Geissele Automatics have the exact same corporate address, save the suite number. That's close enough for me.

ALG Defense and Geissele Automatics have the exact same corporate address, save the suite number. That's close enough for me.

That is like saying you drive a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport when you drive a Jetta because they are both owned by VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  • Like 1

That is like saying you drive a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport when you drive a Jetta because they are both owned by VW.

Except, I never said that.  I was being literally figurative.  

Clearly, Geissele > ALG, as Veyron > Jetta.  

I gotta admit... sure looks like a Geissele web site. Doesn't make sense to go into the cheap trigger biz, unless he's just trying to fill out production in his new shop.

I gotta admit... sure looks like a Geissele web site. Doesn't make sense to go into the cheap trigger biz, unless he's just trying to fill out production in his new shop.

Agreed. The quick google search I did tells that his wife runs ALG. Maybe she didn't want him to have all the fun.
I'm

He's covering all ends of the market.
This. The shop I work with is a Geissele dealer, and ALG is one of their product lines if you wanna call it that. For what its worth, my next trigger is gonna be the Geissele 3 gun. Tapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots
What you are getting with these is a trigger that won't suck. If you think it is going to be anything close to an upgraded trigger, you will be disappointed. It isn't anything like a match, 2 stage, improved, enhanced, or similar trigger.

In general, they feel like a trigger which has a good amount of rounds through it. They eliminate the horrid feel that some, but certainly not all triggers have.

Is it a good trigger? Yes, but only if you understand its limitations.

What you are getting with these is a trigger that won't suck. If you think it is going to be anything close to an upgraded trigger, you will be disappointed. It isn't anything like a match, 2 stage, improved, enhanced, or similar trigger.

In general, they feel like a trigger which has a good amount of rounds through it. They eliminate the horrid feel that some, but certainly not all triggers have.

Is it a good trigger? Yes, but only if you understand its limitations.

Yep. looks like a bone stock FCG to me. No doubt Geissele is at least making them on good tooling.

Geissele first or Rock River NM if your wanting to spend less.

The Rock River feels pretty good to me. There are stories floating around about premature wear, but that could have been fixed by now. RRA is a good bunch, even if they are the S-L-O-W-E-S-T people on the entire planet.

Geissele isnt even making them. ALG Defense purchases semi finished castings from the same Tier 1 supplier that makes Colt’s triggers, and then they apply the now famous Geissele magic on the sears and include the much higher quality Geissele pins and springs.

Geissele isnt even making them. ALG Defense purchases semi finished castings from the same Tier 1 supplier that makes Colt’s triggers, and then they apply the now famous Geissele magic on the sears and include the much higher quality Geissele pins and springs.

Dang. Aren't you a walkin' encyclopedia :). That may make for a pretty good trigger if you bundle it with a Dolomite kit.

All fun aside I put a hiperfire trigger in a rec 7 its crisp and smooth. It's @ 200.00 and fells pretty darn good even though the stock Barrett setup was nice. After I felt this one I had to have it. The design is strong and rugged. Am happy with it, although it is a competition trigger, and wouldn't use it for hunting or plinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got the new trigger installed last night... easy peasy! I noticed a decrease in creep and slightly lighter pull. What's really improved is the break... nice and crisp. I noticed that the polished surfaces on the trigger and hammer have a light coat of some sort of lubricate that's almost like a waxy substance, think candle wax or chapstick. What's a good lubricant for those surfaces?

I finally got the new trigger installed last night... easy peasy! I noticed a decrease in creep and slightly lighter pull. What's really improved is the break... nice and crisp. I noticed that the polished surfaces on the trigger and hammer have a light coat of some sort of lubricate that's almost like a waxy substance, think candle wax or chapstick. What's a good lubricant for those surfaces?

Just what I would expect. Geissele sends grease with his triggers. They used to send red Mobile 28 grease, but all mine came with stuff that was more of a Vaseline color. Grease on the sear surfaces, and CLP on the pivots

Glad you like it!
  • 2 weeks later...