Colorado Recall V 2.0

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/08/Recall-Effort-For-Another-Gun-Control-Senator-Underway-In-Colorado

On October 5, organizers in Colorado's Senate District 19 were certified to collect signatures to recall another state senator who supported expanded gun control legislation earlier this year.

The focus of this recall is senator Evie Hudak (D-Westminster), who sided with recently-recalled Senators John Morse (D-Colo. Springs) and Angela Giron (D-Pueblo) on gun control. 

According to Denver's ABC 7 News, the grassroots group organizing the recall is "Recall Hudak, too." They now have 60 days to collect "about 18,900 valid signatures."

Group leader Mike McAlpine explained why the recall effort is underway: "[Hudak] has infringed on our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. [In voting for gun control] she... voted to make all citizens less safe and to drive hundreds of jobs from Colorado." 

The Denver Post reported that Hudak drew unwanted attention to herself earlier this year when she "disrespected [a] rape victim" during legislative gun control hearings. In early March, a rape victim testified against gun control by claiming she might have been able to stop her attacker if she had a gun. Hudak used numbers from a pro-gun control group to counter the rape victim in front of everyone, claiming, "statistics [were] not on [her] side even if [she] had a gun."

After that incident, Hudak went on to vote for gun control with her fellow Democrats.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins.

Go get 'em!

Guest TankerHC
When the initial recalls were announced I contacted the organization they started and donated 5 bucks. That's nothing but if a LOT of people would donate even a dollar we could have a hand in sending these politicians a message. Even with donations they were out spent nearly 10 to 1 on the recall and they were close. 5 bucks is less than it costs me at a McDonald's drive thru. I can skip a fast food meal. Yes it's local and yes its Colorado but isn't everyone always talking how we stand together? That's how I see it at least. Give me an opportunity to do something tiny to throw an anti Constitutional, anti gun politician out of office anywhere and I'll skip a Big Mac. You don't have to ask me twice. Plus you get daily email status updates.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

When the initial recalls were announced I contacted the organization they started and donated 5 bucks. That's nothing but if a LOT of people would donate even a dollar we could have a hand in sending these politicians a message. Even with donations they were out spent nearly 10 to 1 on the recall and they were close. 5 bucks is less than it costs me at a McDonald's drive thru. I can skip a fast food meal. Yes it's local and yes its Colorado but isn't everyone always talking how we stand together? That's how I see it at least. Give me an opportunity to do something tiny to throw an anti Constitutional, anti gun politician out of office anywhere and I'll skip a Big Mac. You don't have to ask me twice. Plus you get daily email status updates.

You're right on this one... Taking them out in round #2 would remove any question that the people in power think round #1 was just a mishap.

Edited by Sam1

Why not get involved even in a different state? Bloomberg stuck his Marxist little New York nose into their politics and you can bet other anti-constitution advocates from all around America are sticking their nose into it so it's really a national fight.

P.S. I'm going to stop calling them "anti-gun" and call them what they really are, "anti-constitution".