Hamilton Place MAll Posted

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I don't know about the idea that they'll be busting at the seams... I saw a report on the local news about it..

at least hamilton place probably won't...from what I understand, crime is rampant there and many businesses are pulling out of there.

it was pretty much one of those...."well looks like there's going to be another mall closure" type reports.

so yes..I'm willing to bet that a letter WOULD do something. When you sit there and watch a place like a mall fail because you can't control crime there..then someone says "well..I'm not shopping there because I can't protect myself"...I'm willing to bet it will make them think about it.

we'll see I guess!

Guest betobeto
Oh, I don't know about the idea that they'll be busting at the seams... I saw a report on the local news about it..

at least hamilton place probably won't...from what I understand, crime is rampant there and many businesses are pulling out of there.

it was pretty much one of those...."well looks like there's going to be another mall closure" type reports.

so yes..I'm willing to bet that a letter WOULD do something. When you sit there and watch a place like a mall fail because you can't control crime there..then someone says "well..I'm not shopping there because I can't protect myself"...I'm willing to bet it will make them think about it.

we'll see I guess!

Yes! Crime is rampant in hamilton place. I work for a restraunt out side the mall (can't say which) On Thursday night one Manager and two servers where robed at gun point when leaving the resturant. If it had been me leaving that night I would have put the gunman in his grave.

The mall people probably think keeping us from having guns will slow down the crime or at least keep it out of the news. But none the less crime is getting worse and we can't protect our selves.

If the signs are not on every single normal entrance, as state law requires, and i absolutely had to go to that mall, i'd carry my gun concealed. If there were signs up following state law and no metal detectors, well, concealed means concealed.

You might be better off sending your letter across the street to CBL as they are the owners of Hamilton Place and a **** load of other malls.My guess is it is a corporate decision and they most likely could care less whether gun owners shop there or not.

That is the jest of it. GFL holders & TCP holders only make up a very small percentage of their demographics. I had one of my friends that heads up a surgery center stop by the Hamilton Place Mall to shop - this was in December. Carrying his Kimber Ultra CDP II in a holster rig covered up with a vest. Security approached and asked if he was carrying under the vest - yep. He had to leave immediately. Could stow the gun and come back in - but he chose not to.

But my feelings are that you can write letters all day long - and they will not blink an eye.

Maybe if one could get a petion going (can do it on-line www.petitiononline.com ), gather enough signatures with addresses, then it might garner some attention. But people siging from IN is not going to hold water with them.

One other thing, address all your emails or post mails to Stephen Lebowitz (pres) or daddy Charles Lebowitz (chairman of the board).

And for the one stating it will not effect CBL if we do not shop there because the tenants pay the rent. Think again - the tenants in most cases pay a portion of their profits to the mall - in addition to CAM charges. If the tenants can't pay - mall suffers.

I am for anything and everything to promote ccw. But fact remains this is private property and they can make what ever misguided calls they desire. If caught they can ask you to leave.

I started to go to Foothills mall in maryville tn. today. It is also properly posted. They actually wet as far as to post every entrance to the parking lot. Got to looking at it is also owned by CBL.

Guest nraforlife

Since CBL has chosen to properly post their property one can only assume that CBL feels that they offer a completely safe environment to park and shop. At least that what an attorney would argue would they not. So, if a HCP holder gets hurt or could stop someone from getting hurt in the CBL controlled environment I say sue the bastards.

It's too bad another "gun free zone" has appeared on the map, but that's their choice, and you won't see me there. :P Anyway, I heard that the Rivergate Mall is properly posted now is that true? I have not been over there in a while since I'm over here in Cookeville finishing my last year of college for my civil engineering degree in a "gun free zone" as well. I can't wait to graduate next May. :lol:

Guest abailey362

I have been in hamilton place a few times this week and have not seem a sign, so I carried as normal. I never go through mall entrances , as there are too many distractions for my 3 yr old who is normally in tow, so we normally go through a side entrance at a department store.

oh well...maybe one day (probably not) I might see one of these signs that people say are everywhere:whistle:

Guest Rugerman

I try to stay away from there and Bradley square. I have only seen a sign at Bradly at one entrance. When I enter from the side I don't see it, and i don't see it on any doors to the mall.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tcampbell
I just found out, and posted in another thread about it..

RIVERGATE MALL here in Goodlettsville is now posted too.

I was at Rivergate mall friday...the sears entrance was not posted, and neither was the entrance from sears into the mall. I will just limit my shopping there...and I fully expect them to protect me and my family from criminals in their gun free zone...I only go there about twice a year anyways.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I'll start paying more attention at the local Walmarts. It makes me wonder if the wording is accurate, I'll look today.

I've never noticed a sign at the one up here on 153...