Ruger MKII 10" bull barrel in stainless, really rare? or just really desireable?

RichardR

I was browsing gun broker & noticed that the prices on these have sky-rocketed, are they really selling for $1000-$1200 these days?

Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore the one I own & I would need to be desperate for money to sell it even for $1200 but I am curious as to why the hyper-inflated markup on these, granted they are extremely accurate and fun to shoot, but I was wondering if this particular model (10" bull barrel in stainless) really rare? or really desireable? Or something else?
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp since the values on these have shot up so high I guess that I need to update the approximate replacement value for insurance purposes, and since there is some discrepancy in the GB adds, what do ya'all think would be an accurate approx replacement value to put on it? It has been well maintained & is in great shape, easily a 95% it also has a Wiegand Combat "no-drill" picatinny rail mount & an el'cheapo $50 red-dot sitting on top of it, as well as the factory Ruger plastic case & original paperwork.

And no it's not for sale (or trade) so please don't ask.
I've got the blued version. They are real nice shooters.

I had no idea they had gone up in value so much. I'd rather have the stainless version as I'm always partial to stainless when given a choice. But I'm not letting go of mine any time soon.

Used to be they would pop up every so often, but it looks like everyone who has one is sitting on it. Can't blame them.
  • 2 weeks later...

From a production standpoint.  They are not common, but they are really not rare either .  Lot of them out there, but nobody wants to sell theirs.  They are going up in price generally because 1) MK II are more desirable than the MK III guns and 2) They stopped making them some time ago.

Although I have had at least 8-12 MKI,II & IIIs I have not had a 10"  I recently had a fella who wanted to trade me his 10" blued MKII for a relatively rare plinking .22 rifle I have but I talked him into trading me a new Ruger American Rimfire in .22WMR instead.  I would still like a 10" MKII but then I would have to put some kind of weird grip on it with a neat optic, otherwise a 16" 1022 carbine is likely more practical, or maybe a Charger with loads of aftermarket. A TGO'r is letting me play with his TI rear charging pistol on semi long term loan:  http://www.tacticalinc.com/rebel%E2%84%A2-rear-c-479_1239_481.html It is threaded too!  Pretty darn neat.  

BUT - How cool would it be to have a 10" MKII integrally suppressed?  That would be a wow gun! Something like this maybe:  http://paladinarmory.com/22Pistols.htm