Office Defense

I would think a revolver would fire if cocked but I don't have one to check (I'm more a semi guy myself but I don't claim that's right for everybody). The hammerless design of the LCR makes this not an option as far as I can tell. Edited by tnguy
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hifiguy
Not likely you'll have time to draw at that distance interval until you stop the initial attack.

If you body type will allow, appendix carry IWB is fast while seated.

Good hand to hand training will allow you to live long enough to draw. Randy Harris with Suarez is great stuff.

Seeing that you are in Memphis, you have 2 of the best Krav Maga instructors in the country there. Give Michael Hooker at Krav Maga Desoto or Sam Pike with Endurance Krav Maga a call. Location may determine which is the best fit for you. Michael has greater depth of knowledge in ground fighting. Sam probably has greater depth in the implementation firearms.
  • 3 weeks later...

I say just go ahead and set back in your nice leather recliner cradling a 590A1, " So, how have you been? Things going well? Anything you feel like talking about today? ((racks a round)) Well that's good to here" 

If keeping on tucked away on the recliner is what you want to do I would suggest one of the generic pocket holsters velcro'ed between the seat cushion and the arm on your strong side. you can stick a small pistol in there where it can't be spotted and it is also very unlikely to fall out since the cushion will actually be over it slightly. I did just this when living in a rough part of a city I used to reside in and it was always there just in case. if you're sitting in the recliner then it won't take much movement at all to deploy the pistol and I practiced drawing from this location many times and never had the slightest hangup but I suppose all chairs are not created equal  :D  I would suggest maybe keeping a concealable pistol on your person which I usually did but I liked knowing that there was another option tucked away in the piece of furniture I spent the most time in.

I would think a revolver would fire if cocked but I don't have one to check (I'm more a semi guy myself but I don't claim that's right for everybody). The hammerless design of the LCR makes this not an option as far as I can tell.

Hammerless is not really correct.  While that is the terminology, they are really "internal hammer" guns, like a DAO kel tec.  

A DA/SA or SAO revolver WILL fire if cocked without the ability to rotate the cylinder.  However, it is too dangerous to have one cocked and ready to go, the trigger is light and dropped guns may fire (not 100% sure on that with modern guns, but as I recall, the hammer block only works when the hammer is down, to prevent drop on hammer fire).  And finally, to cock the gun manually is not only more difficult and aggravating to do at close range in combat, but it requires... take a guess...  the cylinder has to be able to rotate for that!  The act of thumbing back the hammer rotates the next round into place.

Conclusion: if the cylinder cannot rotate, unless you are willing to carry a cocked and ready single action revolver, which is extremely unsafe, this is not the answer.

Edited by Jonnin