Thinking about a Seecamp .32acp

Mykltn

The .32acp and .380acp Seecamps are very high quality pistols made to very tight tolerances so they are usually very ammo specific. If you use the recommended ammo they are very reliable, and it's hard to find anything smaller that has the same capabilities. I like them so much that I have all three (.25acp no longer made, .32acp and .380acp)! :pleased:

Fair warning, the .380acp is pretty snappy, but not as bad as thought it was going to be. The .32acp can be snappy too, and both are probably more difficult for people with large hands...not one of my problems.

214sjd5.jpg

2119kl3.jpg

I love the machinery of those guns and have owned and shot them and their clones the NAA Guardian.If someone laid out a SeeCamp  or a Keltec to save my butt I would choose the Keltec. However if I were collecting guns or acquiring Bar B Que guns to show my friends how cool I was or how much money I had I would choose the Seecamp.  

This is my test at the range.  Using only your weak hand, grab and go shooting the pistol as fast as you can in a paper dinner plate at 5 yards.  If you can't put every round in the plate then get another save your butt gun.  That is why I carry a Keltec .32 for weak hand and Glock 9mm for strong hand. I can shoot either pretty well either hand, but feel that the Keltec in my left hand will do 99% of everything I need to do to save my butt.  In a wolf pack or really stupid scenario with multiple targets I can use the Glock.

IMHO:)

Josey Wales

Edited by graycrait

Ive read a few comparison reviews of the keltec vs seecamp and it looks like the keltec has some long term wear concerns over the seecamp. Any thoughts?

Possibly.  Kel tech (foolishly IMHO) put a very low round count on their data sheets and web site for the "life" of their pistols.   A lot of nay-sayers have made much hay over this, even though owners have put way more rounds thru them without failure.   Kel tec has an excellent replace and repair policy, if you DO manage to wear one out.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.  I like kel tec, but their  defensive handguns are built to be sold at a low price.  They are meant to be purchased, shot a bit in practice, but mostly carried.  They were never built to withstand a box a week over a 50 + year lifetime.   If you want something that will last until your great grandchildren finally store it as an heirloom and antique rather than shoot it any more, kel tec probably is not the best pick --- spend 3x the money on something made of solid steel.    If you want something that goes bang to stick in your pocket for a low price, KT becomes a much more attractive choice.  

I like quality built guns. I tend to go more for steel or metal frames than polymer. Just my preference. I like the seecamp based on its size and construction but wanted input from actual owners before pulling the trigger on one. Price is not as much of a concern as is concealability, reliability and long service life.
  • Admin Team

I've always enjoyed the Seecamp family.  Great little pistols.

Why the .32 instead of the .380?  Other than 5 hundredths on the grip width, they're the same size and capacity. 

I haven't priced them in a while, but I'm guessing the .380 is still seeing a bit of premium on the price.

Have a .380 I carry frequently. I bought it before the plethora of small semiautos came out.
I carry it more often than anything else. Stainless steel work of art, and outstanding workmanship.
Get a grip extension from Jeff SIG. Definitely improves control.

P1010005.jpg

P1010010_zpsa474eee6.jpg

Seecamp has a great Forum.

Edited by DAdams
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team

Have a .380 I carry frequently. I bought it before the plethora of small semiautos came out.
I carry it more often than anything else. Stainless steel work of art, and outstanding workmanship.
Get a grip extension from Jeff SIG. Definitely improves control.

P1010005.jpg

P1010010_zpsa474eee6.jpg

Seecamp has a great Forum.

I carried that same CRKT knife for a couple of years.  I don't know what it was about that clip, but the combo of the clip and the thumb stud in such close proximity could wear through a pair of jeans faster than any other knife I've ever had.

+1 on the grip extension.

And despite the abundance of .380 pocket rockets available today - I don't know that the Seecamp's equal has been produced, yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aces&8s

While I do not own a Seecamp, my friend has the .32, and it is probably the nicest looking and most well-made pistol I have ever seen and shot.  It handles better than I thought it would, even in my big mitts.  If I were in the market for a micro-auto, Seecamp would be first on my list.  In fact, I need to stop talking about it now before I convince myself I have to have one...

• 4 weeks later...

I have the .32 Seacamp (bought it last June).  However, just broke out the KelTec P-32 so that I could carry some S&B FMJ ammo which is supposed to be about the hottest, stock, .32 ammo.  Also, when we are in Florida for 3 months, the KelTec is about 4 or 5 ounces lighter than the Seacamp.

The Seacamp is sort of like owning a custom expensive 1911, and then just carrying a cheaper, plain Jane, RIA or something.

Trooper Joe