I'd never make it as a butcher

Yea, I don't enjoy the processing but I do enjoy the end product!  This year, I'm starting to learn how to smoke summer sausage and grilling sausage.

I took a 10 year hiatus from hunting and processing and started back a few years ago.  Last year I was very slow and this year I have already processed three and I'm getting faster but still not as efficient as my old man.  A great DVD resource to check out is "Advanced Game Processing Library" by Outdoor Edge.  

• Like 1
It ain't no thang to me, just part of it. I have an extra fridge and I can put a quartered out deer in a cooler in there with the shelves removed. So I don't feel like I gotta knock it all out at once. Usually let it sit a day or two then one evening I do all the cutting and grinding, the next i'll package it up and put in the freezer. I just turn on the radio in the garage and listen to music. It's definitely not something I dread like buying tires or getting up leaves in the yard, lol.

Best buys were a plastic top folding table I can just dump some bleach on and hose off and a good grinder. Edited by JWC

I shot this doe Saturday and cut her up today . The picture with the roasts and different cuts is meat from one  1 back leg so I have twice that much but I just showed one picture of it . It may not look fancy but I like it and learned on my own little by little every year .  

[URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/d1_zps01fd629e.jpg.html]d1_zps01fd629e.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/d2_zpsfe4c5465.jpg.html]d2_zpsfe4c5465.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/d3_zps30112652.jpg.html]d3_zps30112652.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s768.photobucket.com/user/tercel89/media/d4_zpsc3462b31.jpg.html]d4_zpsc3462b31.jpg[/URL]

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 4

I have never taken anything I have killed to a processor, ever. If the weather is such that I can feel my fingers I actually enjoy the process. Back when I had my Marine construction and excavating business I really didn't mind it. I would grab a skid loader, trackhoe or whatever happened to not be out on a job and tie it off to the bucket and raise it up, even offered all the light you could want. After the meat was in the cooler i'd just walk the machine over to the "boneyard" and dig down 4-5' and bury the leftover.

I learned how to go about it from my grandfather, great uncles and dad. Back before my time, dad says that there were almost no "leftovers" when Papa Bill got done cleaning one. Said they didn't just cut the guts out to throw away, they picked through and got what was good... We didn't have much "extras" when I was growing up but we never needed the extra bad enough to pick through the inards. My Papa Bill had 3 younger brothers and their drunk of a dad was killed when the 3 brothers were really young so my grandfather didn't really have a childhood since he had to provide for the family and part of that job was hunting for meat so wasting any of it was frowned upon. Kinda got off track, anyways, when I was a little guy I remember him sharpening knives at camp and handing everybody a knife and a chunk of meat. If there was ANY red flesh still showing anywhere, you weren't finished and it didn't matter how long it took, you kept at it until you were done. I was probably only 7 at the time and hadn't even killed my first deer yet but it was important to them that you knew how to finish the job before you went out and created the job (I've found this applies to a lot of things in life). Since I had learned to clean the deer that year, the next year when my dad and I went to camp I had a .243win rifle waiting on me. I wasn't let go out on my own because of my age but I sure was a proud boy to have that rifle of my own. They next year I got to clean the first deer that I had taken myself.

I guess I've taken the long way around on this story but All this up here ^ is why I clean and butcher my own. I kinda feel that it's my obligation to finish the job I started and I've always been proud to do it. 

• Like 3

I have never taken anything I have killed to a processor, ever. If the weather is such that I can feel my fingers I actually enjoy the process. Back when I had my Marine construction and excavating business I really didn't mind it. I would grab a skid loader, trackhoe or whatever happened to not be out on a job and tie it off to the bucket and raise it up, even offered all the light you could want. After the meat was in the cooler i'd just walk the machine over to the "boneyard" and dig down 4-5' and bury the leftover.

I learned how to go about it from my grandfather, great uncles and dad. Back before my time, dad says that there were almost no "leftovers" when Papa Bill got done cleaning one. Said they didn't just cut the guts out to throw away, they picked through and got what was good... We didn't have much "extras" when I was growing up but we never needed the extra bad enough to pick through the inards. My Papa Bill had 3 younger brothers and their drunk of a dad was killed when the 3 brothers were really young so my grandfather didn't really have a childhood since he had to provide for the family and part of that job was hunting for meat so wasting any of it was frowned upon. Kinda got off track, anyways, when I was a little guy I remember him sharpening knives at camp and handing everybody a knife and a chunk of meat. If there was ANY red flesh still showing anywhere, you weren't finished and it didn't matter how long it took, you kept at it until you were done. I was probably only 7 at the time and hadn't even killed my first deer yet but it was important to them that you knew how to finish the job before you went out and created the job (I've found this applies to a lot of things in life). Since I had learned to clean the deer that year, the next year when my dad and I went to camp I had a .243win rifle waiting on me. I wasn't let go out on my own because of my age but I sure was a proud boy to have that rifle of my own. They next year I got to clean the first deer that I had taken myself.

I guess I've taken the long way around on this story but All this up here ^ is why I clean and butcher my own. I kinda feel that it's my obligation to finish the job I started and I've always been proud to do it. 

I enjoyed our post. As a hunter, I feel that we have an obligation to bring new hunters into the fold.  I've brought in many but I try to be selective.  I like getting kids into hunting.  And I don't mind getting adults into hunting as well but I'm picky about who I take.  Processing your own deer gives you a sense of accomplishment and a better appreciation for th animal you took.  I can't say that if I knew of a really good processer and had lots of money that I would have my deer done, but I don't think it would fel right.  To me that would feel like I started a job but didn't finish it.  But, I think every hunter should know how to process their own deer.  I think if everyone who killed a deer had to proces it themselves we would have a lot less "Fudds" in the woods.

• Like 2

I enjoyed our post. As a hunter, I feel that we have an obligation to bring new hunters into the fold.  I've brought in many but I try to be selective.  I like getting kids into hunting.  And I don't mind getting adults into hunting as well but I'm picky about who I take.  Processing your own deer gives you a sense of accomplishment and a better appreciation for th animal you took.  I can't say that if I knew of a really good processer and had lots of money that I would have my deer done, but I don't think it would fel right.  To me that would feel like I started a job but didn't finish it.  But, I think every hunter should know how to process their own deer.  I think if everyone who killed a deer had to proces it themselves we would have a lot less "Fudds" in the woods.

Very well said  :up:

I'm afraid as more and more folks trade in rural living for the ease of living in town the fewer kids will have the chance to get started. Not saying that just because someone lives in town that they can't or won't hunt but Kids in town tend to lean more on video games and playgrounds than woods and creeks so the math is simple. That leaves the work of passing it along on our shoulders as you said. It's always nice to take someone shooting or hunting for their first time.

I'm afraid as more and more folks trade in rural living for the ease of living in town the fewer kids will have the chance to get started. Not saying that just because someone lives in town that they can't or won't hunt but Kids in town tend to lean more on video games and playgrounds than woods and creeks so the math is simple. That leaves the work of passing it along on our shoulders as you said. It's always nice to take someone shooting or hunting for their first time.

I agree 100%.  It's funny, back when I was little all the boys got picked up by their dad early on the Friday before opener and also on Thanksgiving break and we went straight to the deer woods.  My son (he is 9) is one of the few boys in his entire school that hunts.  I have several friends from Church that want to learn how to hunt and I have taken a few but most drop out when they find out it requires WORK to hunt, kill and process an animal.

• Like 1

I agree 100%.  It's funny, back when I was little all the boys got picked up by their dad early on the Friday before opener and also on Thanksgiving break and we went straight to the deer woods.  My son (he is 9) is one of the few boys in his entire school that hunts.  I have several friends from Church that want to learn how to hunt and I have taken a few but most drop out when they find out it requires WORK to hunt, kill and process an animal.

Sad to see so few kids involved now days. I'm sure you would get plenty of takers if you just started taking them out and letting them pull the trigger and go sit inside while you cleaned it huh. If they don't want it bad enough to at least get in there and help you do the cleaning then they probably don't need to be in the woods. There are some folks that own property that borders a friend of mine that are the perfect example why. My friend does everything he possibly can to raise good deer but the neighbors will go out and shoot them and leave them where they fall. He walks up on dead does and bucks pretty regular and i'm not so sure that some don't happen outside of season. That's why i'm not willing to take someone and teach them to pull a trigger unless they are also willing to help and learn the whole way through. I don't want to create a trigger puller.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

12/25/13:  Merry Christmas every one!

I'm going to change the direction a little bit here from the last post. 

Venison, when taken cleanly and quickly; and used wisely, is the best way and the most ethical… holistically… to feed and fortified the youngs and olds alike….much better than our ‘factory-farms’.  Venison is NOT cheap in $$$ sense.  It is just plain better.

I process all my kills for lots of reasons, ~8X in the last 25yrs.  This doe is the 2nd doe in the last 15 days.

My family got a gifted ~120# doe on Sunday night from a friend.  He gave me two does last years in the process of thinning out the does at a hunting club he owned.  He managed his land for trophies.  Awesome friend!

I enjoyed hunting my own, and grateful for any gifts from others.  

50yd  30 06  shot entered the lung (small 30 cal hole), minor damage to one of the inner tenderloins (6" wound channel @ 4in below the back bone) and small damage to one of the ham (3" wound channel). 

Frontal shot, 30cal shot entered about 8" below the backbone at the lung.  Luckily the intestines stay intact and no damage to the outer tenderloin.  Doe dropped on the spot, evidently still moving, a 2nd killing shot enter the neck 2in below the ear at very close range.  Complete pass-through.  No bullet remains inside the deer.

I gutted & skinned & rinsed the deer with misting water within 2 hours of getting my gift on Sunday night.  Weather in CHA on Sunday night was misting rain, 60F, and dropping steadily to 40-25F for the following 5 days.  17yrs old son helped with the skinning and watched the gutting.  Skinning & gutting with son took 3 hours (setting up took 1hr) and got a delightful conversation with son as a bonus.

I told my wrestling son that watching wrestling and actually wrestle are two different things.  The same can be said of gutting a deer.  You can't learn from just watching.

Also, this is the 2nd times I used compressed air & air gun to "fluff" the hide (stretch the hide;  the deer carcass become a balloon with air leaking out of the wound channel).  Skinning is much easier.  However, you have to "fluff it" before you gut it.  Go to youtube if you want to see how this is done.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but now I'm a true-believer.

I wanted to hang the doe for a 'few days'.  This is the first time I attempted to hang it, after hearing much favorable information about the benefits, most of all, the draining of all the capillary blood.  All other times, I process and freeze them within 24hrs.

On Sunday night, temperature dropped to 28F and dry/desiccant wind were blowing, and I see that the skinned doe is drying fast, and the container I placed under the deer has about a quart of water/blood, 12 hours after hanging.  It may have rain/mist about a 1/4in overnight. 

I debate whether to let the doe hang another night with temperature expected to drop ~28F.  I was a bit concern of "freeze-then-thaw" damaging my hanging doe, and wanting to process it after rigor mortis has left…which will be over around 7pm on Monday.

On Monday, I watched several you-tube videos to learn about the Pro&Con about aging venison and hints about sharpening knives and how to butcher the deer cleanly/quickly/efficiently.  Spent the next 6 hours prepping; getting materials/tools/set up in place.  Monday night temperature was going to dip into 28F.

On Tuesday, the doe is even dryer, and only a few drops of blood in the bucket below the hanging deer.  I did not want to loose more meat to the dry wind.  Tuesday night temperature is expected to go into ~23F…in fact it dipped into 16F.  I didn't want to loose any more meat to the dry wintery wind, so I decided to process the deer after 48hrs of hanging.

Having learned a few hints from Youtubes, I quartered the doe in 1hr.  Move the quarters into a heated garage, and debone the quarters.  I was disappointed in the meat loss from the bullet wound in the 'ham'.

After I quartered the deer, I got ribs and the back bones into an unheated garage.  I fired up the pressure cooker over a hot plate, and voila I now have a heated garage.  For simplicity, I just put water & ribs/bones in the pot, and just add enough heat to keep the pot at ~150F for ~48hrs, after an initial boil of 3min.  Before canning, I cool the pot, strained, and then bring the content back to the boiling point, then transfer to the jars.

Took me 6 hours to research, prep, clean up/sanitized the work area, sharpen knives, set up, and about another 3 hours to debone my ~80lbs carcass from the ~120lbs doe.  Son was not willing to learn ' deer butchering' that day; so my dog keeps me company while anxiously waiting for deer scraps.  The simmering pot of doe broth helps keep the 25F cold and windy day at bay.

At the end, I estimate about 40lbs (mostly sirloin) to the freezer, 10lbs of scrapped/damaged/blood shot meat/fat/uncooked bones for the dog.  Maybe 2gal of broths from the ~30lbs of bones/ribs I'm stewing now.  The four legs will be my dog's Christmas present.  She already consumed 90% of the two front legs including hooves & skin.  Hide, head & gut are waiting to be buried for next spring blueberry bush or fruit tree....have not decided yet.

Somebody did some research and analyzed that it cost ~$70/lbs of venison if you lease the land, buy the license and few other 'knick nacks'.  The hours that I spent processing my gifted doe, drives that cost even higher.  I hunt/process deer because I think the benefit far offset the cost.  I am thankful that I live in a country that I have that right, and in a position that I can.  Not many people who want a hunt can have a 'good hunt'...for numerous reasons.  Not many people who wants to taste venison, can...for similar reasons.

For those reasons, I am truly lucky, for I have been in those circumstances.

This is what I learned:

1.       Neck shot, when available, save lots edible meat.  Get big enough tool to get the job done.  Bigger tool, only wastes resources.  Too little tools, and pushing its envelope...only bring bad result.

2.       A young doe is less gamey than an older doe.  For me, I will skip buck.  I'm glad others will go after trophies.

3.       Farm doe is FATTER & larger, as compare to doe not around farms.  The smaller doe will not do well this cold winter...this is where hunters should come in.

4.       Gutting a deer right away, leave no gamey smell during butchering; only exception if the temperature outside will be <0F….and only if you want to deal with the stench from a fermented stomach.

5.       Will use a scrub brush next time to get rid of all deer hair after skinning, if the weather allow for it to hang/dry in the next 24hrs.  Butchering a wetted carcass is a hard/slippery job.

6.       Disposable rubber glove over working glove reduce cleaning of the expensive working glove afterward.  Cut-resistant gloves on a cold day, may save your fingers.

7.       Processing a deer that has been hanged for >24hrs is a lot less bloody, and EASIER.  Processing a fresh kill and freezing it… leaves much blood in the package after it is thaw out from the freezer.

8.       Sharpened knives make the job much quicker.  Skills & techniques for sharpening knives…well that is another story for another time.  All my sharp-able knives now have razor edges.  Did you know a leather belt is a vital tool in the sharpening process?  I didn’t either, before yesterday.

9.     Get all the tools ready at the end of the last job, all in one bag, so that I can be quickly ready for the next job…and save much time.

10.   Sharpen extra knives and stage them.  Better to have extras, than to stop and sharpen a dull working knife.

11.   Have a knife for trimming around bones….and a separate knife for trimming flesh only.

12.   Knife ‘stealer’ is a great tool.  Make sure the knife is cleaned before using it....help with clean up later

13.   I need to buy a meat hook/puller.  Got several closed calls of my fingers with my knives.

14.   A cold (near freezing) and blood-less carcass is a pleasure to process.

15.   Using a hammer banging the ax head is faster than a saw, and a lot cleaner (less of an eye hazard) than using an ax alone.  (a hammer is now part of the tool package, and so is safety goggle)

16.   Those large aluminum pans are extremely handy for holding venison in various stages of butchering.

17.   10% mixture of Simple Green & 90% water is a great deer fat degreaser.

18.   Can only teach son when he is willing to learn...can't ram it down his throat, even if it is a valuable lesson....especially for a teenager.

19.   Job goes faster when the family got involved.  Son helped with the skinning, and daughter/wife help with wrapping the venison packages for the freezer.

20.   Took me ~24 hrs from skinning to finish, may be another 2 hours to bury the gut pile & skin, but I enjoy it.

Broth pot is simmering.  A pleasant aroma greets me every time I go down into the garage. 

Suggestions & your ‘lessons learned’ for making this job easier/more efficient in the future?

• Like 3

Venison, when taken cleanly and quickly; and used wisely, is the best way and the most ethical… holistically… to feed and fortified the youngs and olds alike….much better than our ‘factory-farms’.  Venison is NOT cheap in $$$ sense.  It is just plain better.

I process all my kills for lots of reasons, ~8X in the last 25yrs.  This doe is the 2nd doe in the last 15 days.

My family got a gifted ~120# doe on Sunday night from a friend.  He gave me two does last years in the process of thinning out the does at a hunting club he owned.  He managed his land for trophies.  Awesome friend!

50yd  30 06  shot entered the lung (small 30 cal hole), minor damage to one of the inner tenderloins (6" wound channel @ 4in below the back bone) and small damage to one of the ham (3" wound channel). 

Frontal shot, 30cal shot entered about 8" below the backbone at the lung.  Luckily the intestines stay intact and no damage to the outer tenderloin.  Doe dropped on the spot, evidently still moving, a 2nd killing shot enter the neck 2in below the ear at very close range.  Complete pass-through.  No bullet remains inside the deer.

I gutted & skinned & rinsed the deer with misting water within 2 hours of getting my gift on Sunday night.  Weather in CHA on Sunday night was misting rain, 60F, and dropping steadily to 40-25F for the following 5 days.  17yrs old son helped with the skinning and watched the gutting.  Skinning & gutting with son took 3 hours (setting up took 1hr) and got a delightful conversation with son as a bonus.

I told my wrestling son that watching wrestling and actually wrestle are two different things.  The same can be said of gutting a deer.  You can't learn from just watching.

Also, this is the 2nd times I used compressed air & air gun to "fluff" the hide (stretch the hide;  the deer carcass become a balloon with air leaking out of the wound channel).  Skinning is much easier.  However, you have to "fluff it" before you gut it.  Go to youtube if you want to see how this is done.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but now I'm a true-believer.

I wanted to hang the doe for a 'few days'.  This is the first time I attempted to hang it, after hearing much favorable information about the benefits, most of all, the draining of all the capillary blood.  All other times, I process and freeze them within 24hrs.

On Sunday night, temperature dropped to 28F and dry/desiccant wind were blowing, and I see that the skinned doe is drying fast, and the container I placed under the deer has about a quart of water/blood, 12 hours after hanging.  It may have rain/mist about a 1/4in overnight. 

I debate whether to let the doe hang another night with temperature expected to drop ~28F.  I was a bit concern of "freeze-then-thaw" damaging my hanging doe, and wanting to process it after rigor mortis has left…which will be over around 7pm on Monday.

On Monday, I watched several you-tube videos to learn about the Pro&Con about aging venison and hints about sharpening knives and how to butcher the deer cleanly/quickly/efficiently.  Spent the next 6 hours prepping; getting materials/tools/set up in place.  Monday night temperature was going to dip into 28F.

On Tuesday, the doe is even dryer, and only a few drops of blood in the bucket below the hanging deer.  I did not want to loose more meat to the dry wind.  Tuesday night temperature is expected to go into ~23F…in fact it dipped into 16F.  I didn't want to loose any more meat to the dry wintery wind, so I decided to process the deer after 48hrs of hanging.

Having learned a few hints from Youtubes, I quartered the doe in 1hr.  Move the quarters into a heated garage, and debone the quarters.  I was disappointed in the meat loss from the bullet wound in the 'ham'.

After I quartered the deer, I got ribs and the back bones into an unheated garage.  I fired up the pressure cooker over a hot plate, and voila I now have a heated garage.  For simplicity, I just put water & ribs/bones in the pot, and just add enough heat to keep the pot at ~150F for ~48hrs, after an initial boil of 3min.  Before canning, I cool the pot, strained, and then bring the content back to the boiling point, then transfer to the jars.

Took me 6 hours to research, prep, clean up/sanitized the work area, sharpen knives, set up, and about another 3 hours to debone my ~80lbs carcass from the ~120lbs doe.  Son was not willing to learn ' deer butchering' that day; so my dog keeps me company while anxiously waiting for deer scraps.  The simmering pot of doe broth helps keep the 25F cold and windy day at bay.

At the end, I estimate about 40lbs (mostly sirloin) to the freezer, 10lbs of scrapped/damaged/blood shot meat/fat/uncooked bones for the dog.  Maybe 2gal of broths from the ~30lbs of bones/ribs I'm stewing now.  The four legs will be my dog's Christmas present.  She already consumed 90% of the two front legs including hooves & skin.  Hide, head & gut are waiting to be buried for next spring blueberry bush or fruit tree....have not decided yet.

Somebody did some research and analyzed that it cost ~$70/lbs of venison if you lease the land, buy the license and few other 'knick nacks'.  The hours that I spent processing my gifted doe, drives that cost even higher.  I hunt/process deer because I think the benefit far offset the cost.  I am thankful that I live in a country that I have that right, and in a position that I can.  Not many people who want a hunt can have a 'good hunt'...for numerous reasons.  Not many people who wants to taste venison, can...for similar reasons.

This is what I learned:

1.       Neck shot, when available, save lots edible meat.  Get big enough tool to get the job done.  Bigger tool, only wastes resources.  Too little tools, and pushing its envelope...only bring bad result.

2.       A young doe is less gamey than an older doe.  For me, I will skip buck.  I'm glad others will go after trophies.

3.       Farm doe is FATTER & larger, as compare to doe not around farms.  The smaller doe will not do well this cold winter...this is where hunters should come in.

4.       Gutting a deer right away, leave no gamey smell during butchering; only exception if the temperature outside will be <0F….and only if you want to deal with the stench from a fermented stomach.

5.       Will use a scrub brush next time to get rid of all deer hair after skinning, if the weather allow for it to hang/dry in the next 24hrs.  Butchering a wetted carcass is a hard/slippery job.

6.       Disposable rubber glove over working glove reduce cleaning of the expensive working glove afterward.  Cut-resistant gloves on a cold day, may save your fingers.

7.       Processing a deer that has been hanged for >24hrs is a lot less bloody, and EASIER.  Processing a fresh kill and freezing it… leaves much blood in the package after it is thaw out from the freezer.

8.       Sharpened knives make the job much quicker.  Skills & techniques for sharpening knives…well that is another story for another time.  All my sharp-able knives now have razor edges.  Did you know a leather belt is a vital tool in the sharpening process?  I didn’t either, before yesterday.

9.     Get all the tools ready at the end of the last job, all in one bag, so that I can be quickly ready for the next job…and save much time.

10.   Sharpen extra knives and stage them.  Better to have extras, than to stop and sharpen a dull working knife.

11.   Have a knife for trimming around bones….and a separate knife for trimming flesh only.

12.   Knife ‘stealer’ is a great tool.  Make sure the knife is cleaned before using it....help with clean up later

13.   I need to buy a meat hook/puller.  Got several closed calls of my fingers with my knives.

15.   Using a hammer banging the ax head is faster than a saw, and a lot cleaner (less of an eye hazard) than using an ax alone.  (a hammer is now part of the tool package, and so is safety goggle)

16.   Those large aluminum pans are extremely handy for holding venison in various stages of butchering.

18.   Can only teach son when he is willing to learn...can't ram it down his throat, even if it is a valuable lesson....especially for a teenager.

19.   Job goes faster when the family got involved.  Son helped with the skinning, and daughter/wife help with wrapping the venison packages for the freezer.

20.   Took me ~24 hrs from skinning to finish, may be another 2 hours to bury the gut pile & skin, but I enjoy it.

Broth pot is simmering.  A pleasant aroma greets me every time I go down into the garage. 

Suggestions & your ‘lessons learned’ for making this job easier/more efficient in the future?

Thanks so much for all that information. I love reading what other people do so I can add to what I do now. Very nice write up sir  :pleased:

• Like 1

I have a gambrel hook and rope/pulley system in my barn. I can hang the deer easily by myself with it. If the temp stays below 50, I'll let it hang for several days. This makes the meat more tender, and easier to butcher.

For slicing jerky meat, I'll put the ham, or whatever in the freezer for a few hours before slicing. This firms up the meat and makes slicing thin pieces easier. It also makes it easier to remove the sinew, or whatever you call the "silverskin" that covers the muscles. A sharp fillet knife is ideal for this job.

A good Forschner or Victorinox butcher knife can be had pretty inexpensively, and is worth it's weight in gold cutting up a deer.

The tailgate of my truck with a piece of 2x12 lumber about 2 feet long lying on it makes an ideal portable butcher table, and cleans up easily after I'm finished.

This is what I learned:

A very nice post. Contains a lot of good info. Thanks for sharing!

Dave