Hey Aubarn- Talent wins over "strength of schedule" every time!!

You win this year, but still, you can go to hell. That will probably get me banned, but its Auburn, not Aubarn. We may be an ag university, but at least we played a tough schedule and made it as far as we did. I don't think FSU could have done it, BUT you are the winners, congrats.

P.S. you barely beat a team that lost all but three games last year, good job. Edited by AU_88
  • Like 1

You win this year, but still, you can go to hell. That will probably get me banned, but its Auburn, not Aubarn. We may be an ag university, but at least we played a tough schedule and made it as far as we did. I don't think FSU could have done it, BUT you are the winners, congrats.

P.S. you barely beat a team that lost all but three games last year, good job.

Seems I'm not a typical football fan anymore. I've written off NFL because of the idiots that run it. But I've always loved college ball because everyone tries so hard. But no matter how many times we got our asses handed to us, I never talked crap against the other teams fans. And who did we barely beat this year besides Auburn? We stomped everyone except for B.C. Hell I'm just happy we won, and I'm happy for Auburn that they did so good. I don't get the seriousness of SEC is best and everyone else sucks. If we'd lost, I'd have went to work and laughed while everyone said "What happened to your boys!?!?"

Edited by rugerla1
[quote name="rugerla1" post="1090731" timestamp="1389072415"]Seems I'm not a typical football fan anymore. I've written off NFL because of the idiots that run it. But I've always loved college ball because everyone tries so hard. But no matter how many times we got our asses handed to us, I never talked crap against the other teams fans. And who did we barely beat this year besides Auburn? We stomped everyone except for B.C. Hell I'm just happy we won, and I'm happy for Auburn that they did so good. I don't get the seriousness of SEC is best and everyone else sucks. If we'd lost, I'd have went to work and laughed while everyone said "What happened to your boys!?!?"[/quote] I think he's angry that the OP is being jerky in posting this. I got no stake in it either way. I just know that some people are terrible losers, and some are even worse winners

I think he's angry that the OP is being jerky in posting this. I got no stake in it either way. I just know that some people are terrible losers, and some are even worse winners

Could be, I've seen both and don't like listening to either. I just love watching the game.

Edited by rugerla1

Seems I'm not a typical football fan anymore. I've written off NFL because of the idiots that run it. But I've always loved college ball because everyone tries so hard. But no matter how many times we got our asses handed to us, I never talked crap against the other teams fans. And who did we barely beat this year besides Auburn? We stomped everyone except for B.C. Hell I'm just happy we won, and I'm happy for Auburn that they did so good. I don't get the seriousness of SEC is best and everyone else sucks. If we'd lost, I'd have went to work and laughed while everyone said "What happened to your boys!?!?"

It's not the SEC losing, it's his previous comments not understanding FSUs strength of schedule and Auburn's win in the Iron Bowl, which was the intention of the other thread. Then after a loss by 3 points he calls us AubArn. I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Auburn, and have several friends that I graduated with working for NASA, but some people intend to degrade the name of my University, the loss was bad enough, but come on. The first night I ever spent in Tallahassee there was a major drug bust across the streets from the dorm and your quarterback was almost indicted on rape charges, but I don't refer to y'all as the Florida Sate Criminals. I understand CQB is tactically elite, and I am a little sensitive right now, but come on.

It's not the SEC losing, it's his previous comments not understanding FSUs strength of schedule and Auburn's win in the Iron Bowl, which was the intention of the other thread. Then after a loss by 3 points he calls us AubArn. I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Auburn, and have several friends that I graduated with working for NASA, but some people intend to degrade the name of my University, the loss was bad enough, but come on. The first night I ever spent in Tallahassee there was a major drug bust across the streets from the dorm and your quarterback was almost indicted on rape charges, but I don't refer to y'all as the Florida Sate Criminals. I understand CQB is tactically elite, and I am a little sensitive right now, but come on.

I understand being proud of graduating from there. Like I said, I myself never get into the degrading of any of the schools. Hell I didn't graduate from FSU, I've just pulled for them because one of my friends was a big fan when I was younger and I just followed them. I think a lot of the smack talking is in fact from people who didn't attend the schools. 

Congrats on your degree and congrats on a hell of a game AU_88!

[quote name="AU_88" post="1090737" timestamp="1389073122"]It's not the SEC losing, it's his previous comments not understanding FSUs strength of schedule and Auburn's win in the Iron Bowl, which was the intention of the other thread. Then after a loss by 3 points he calls us AubArn. I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Auburn, and have several friends that I graduated with working for NASA, but some people intend to degrade the name of my University, the loss was bad enough, but come on. The first night I ever spent in Tallahassee there was a major drug bust across the streets from the dorm and your quarterback was almost indicted on rape charges, but I don't refer to y'all as the Florida Sate Criminals. I understand CQB is tactically elite, and I am a little sensitive right now, but come on.[/quote] I call FSU the Criminoles all the time. I also use Free Shoes University. I laugh each time and don't get butt hurt when someone else calls them that. Not like Barners do..... Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You can quit the strength of schedule argument. Its old. We beat you guys head to head and who we beat to get there has nothing to do with it.Don't get so butt hurt....Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You obviously have a reading comprehension issue, but I'm going to spell it out for you, WE NOW KNOW THAT FSU IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY! I have never said that FSU was a bad team, but we didn't know how good they were, now we know. I'm going to remove myself from this thread now. Maybe I am butt hurt, but grow up Peter Pan.
BTW- I have a number of friends that are Auburn alums. Also, my chocolate lab that passed last year was treated by two vets that graduated from Auburn. One was an orthopedic surgeon that operated on his elbows when he was two. The other was brought in on consult when he got brain cancer 11 years later. Both I consider top vets in their field of expertise. Tonight FSU nullified the strength of schedule argument. Head to head is what matters.

BTW- I have a number of friends that are Auburn alums. Also, my chocolate lab that passed last year was treated by two vets that graduated from Auburn. One was an orthopedic surgeon that operated on his elbows when he was two. The other was brought in on consult when he got brain cancer 11 years later. Both I consider top vets in their field of expertise.Tonight FSU nullified the strength of schedule argument. Head to head is what matters.

My very last comment, the same was said about Boise State and TCU several years ago, could they win week in and week out in a tough conference? We will never know, the same is true for this year's FSU team. Could they have beat LSU, UGA, Bama and Mizzou all in the same year? Maybe they could have, maybe not... Auburn lost one game to LSU, but we beat the rest, but the game that really mattered we lost. Nobody will remember the strength of schedule in 100 years, but the Wikipedia (started by an Auburn Alum) page will show that FSU won. You won. You finished the BCS champs. Next year there will be a four team play off, you may not be so lucky, Auburn may not be so lucky either though. I think the playoff system will do a much better job of exposing the frauds and those who truly belong. Ohio State's strength of schedule was higher than FSU's in some poles and we know how they finished, but, at one point they were in the game, whether they deserved it or not. That's the point that was made, not that FSU was ever a bad team, but how good are they REALLY? We know now they are a championship caliber team. Don't get upset because people question their schedule, just argue points about their ability. Had you said, "AU, you're right, we've been unchallenged so far, but we haven't played many decent teams,". I would have agreed and granted you may very well be one of the greatest BCS era teams, but that's not the route you took. You got upset because people legitimately questioned how good your team was considering their schedule and attacked Auburn and the SEC... What did you expect?

Tonight FSU nullified the strength of schedule argument. Head to head is what matters.

Not really.  Yes, FSU won, but I think that if FSU had played a schedule as tough as Auburn or Alabama, they would have never made it to the championship game.

• Like 2

P.S. you barely beat a team that lost all but three games last year, good job.

sore loser much?

Seeing how I didn't watch the game or really care, I think FSU should quietly take their Auburn style win and go back to the state of Florida and the ACC happy that they squeaked by the SEC's 2nd or 3rd best team.

BTW - I think I have just seen the sorest winner and looser in a better match up than the FSU/Auburn game.

Edited by Smith
  • Like 1

Wow and I thought UT fans were bad..  :rofl:

Look it was probably one of the better bowl games period, both teams made adjustments, FSU just made better ones.. Plus sometimes it's best to not take a lead and get all happy about it..

Seriously fellas, if you have been watching FSU played this year, you would have noticed FSU was playing SEC football from day one, the established the run (great running backs) and then went into the air, while crushing your offensive line.. So smack talking is moot in this case, FSU made the better adjustments at Half, Auburn just got too Cocky for their own good.. 

Next year will be interesting as now are going to have a top 4 team playoff system.. BTW, did you really think the NCAA would let another SEC Win? Come on.. 

• Like 1