Guns Stolen

Guest Kamikaze

I live in the Culleoka area too. Close to the river. If you find out where the d###head tossed them I will help you search.

Awesome of you to offer such hard work to help a gun forum buddy out! :up:

I'd first make sure that guy who said he tossed the guns in the river wasn't a liar before I wasted my time, though.
  • Like 1
If a person recieving stolen guns finds out that the items are stolen they almost always end up in a river. Releasing serial numbers and descriptions is one of the worst actions to take. If the shady person knows the items he has taken has been reported as hot, he or she will more than likely stash them away or throw them out to avoid being caught. If a criminal has no reason to believe police have an accurate description of the items stolen they will very shortly appear at pawn shops or on online classifieds. Not too many stolen guns are recoverd from basements, sock drawers, or lakes. Most stolen guns are recoverd from gun shops, pawn shops, waist bands of criminals in the streets, or on traffic stops. I can't believe the person admitted to throwing them in the creek. Never post ads about stolen merchandise, especially not firearms. If anything spread the word that you were broken into but don't have a good description nor the serial numbers. I would be inclined to tell a burglary victim report it to the police and tell no one else.

Everyone involved has been caught, it was someone I knew. Someone I had helped out, got him a job at my work, my wife took his kids to school, our kids play ball together. Just got on pills and threw his life away. Sold all my guns and my chainsaw for $200. The guy that bought them panicked and threw them all in the duck river. I'll never see them again over some stupid pills.

And this is why I'm extremely guarded when I have people I don't know very well in the house. I put stuff away and they will not see what I don't want them to see. Repair service calls, etc. all kinds of stuff gets put away. My wife thinks I over react. I don't think so.

Sorry to hear about your stuff. Could have been worse, it's just stuff.

Sorry to hear about that, though I know that doesn't bring you any solace having been betrayed like that. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Do know that those of us here at TGO are 100% willing to assist within reason should we be able to do so. Will your homeowners insurance cover it?

[quote name="JohnC" post="1102335" timestamp="1390892801"]Awesome of you to offer such hard work to help a gun forum buddy out! :up: I'd first make sure that guy who said he tossed the guns in the river wasn't a liar before I wasted my time, though.[/quote] I have a flatbottom boat and some crude magnets on a rope made from old 12"-15" subs. I am guessing if someone got scared and ditched them it would probanly be quick like driving over a bridge. They may be in an obvious place. Duck River isn't very deep at all in my area. It starts getting deeper towards the damn in Columbia but here in my neck of the woods, <8 '. I am a river rat in the summer and when it warms up I waill definitely do a little extra diving and searching on my long boat and kayak trips. They would be ruined but it would be a little closure. I hate to think of what all is in the water down our river. I for years has wanted to invest in a quality underwater camera and may do it this year.
  • Like 2
[quote name="glowdotGlock" post="1102419" timestamp="1390924994"]I have a flatbottom boat and some crude magnets on a rope made from old 12"-15" subs. I am guessing if someone got scared and ditched them it would probanly be quick like driving over a bridge. They may be in an obvious place. Duck River isn't very deep at all in my area. It starts getting deeper towards the damn in Columbia but here in my neck of the woods, <8 '. I am a river rat in the summer and when it warms up I waill definitely do a little extra diving and searching on my long boat and kayak trips. They would be ruined but it would be a little closure. I hate to think of what all is in the water down our river. I for years has wanted to invest in a quality underwater camera and may do it this year.[/quote] I'm in!
  • Like 1
They're not even mine but I would like to search for them. Wish it were warmer. I had some guns stolen back 7 or 8 years ago. I know how you feel. It ended up being someone I knew too. The worst part is 2 of the guns they took were irreplaceable. An 870 12 guage my dad had gotten me for Christmas ans an old Sears bolt action .22 rifle that was my grandfathers gun bought in the 60's. I miss it the most.