What is your source for army surplus stuff at good prices, both online and B&M?

musicman

I'm wanting to get some old pants, jackets, etc on the cheap for general outside goofing off and working.  I'd also like to get some basic tools like trench shovels, etc.

I'm a big dude, so I'm not having much luck finding stuff that fits.  I have no military background, so this may be a dumb question... do they even make stuff for fatties, or do they pretty much kick you out if you're more of an oval than a rectangle?  Is that why I can't find much?

I'd appreciate any help in good online sources, or recommendations for local shops in the S Nashville/Smyrna area.

Thanks!

BDU.com technically isn't a TN business, but they often drop ship from a warehouse in Waverly...  They have BDU's in all sizes even to fit us big boys ;)

And unless you're an M-XL shirt/pant kinda guy most surplus stores are only going to have new stuff to sell you.

As for the tools and stuff, amazon ;)

I'm wanting to get some old pants, jackets, etc on the cheap for general outside goofing off and working.  I'd also like to get some basic tools like trench shovels, etc.

I'm a big dude, so I'm not having much luck finding stuff that fits.  I have no military background, so this may be a dumb question... do they even make stuff for fatties, or do they pretty much kick you out if you're more of an oval than a rectangle?  Is that why I can't find much?

I'd appreciate any help in good online sources, or recommendations for local shops in the S Nashville/Smyrna area.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, all!

I've got friends up in Lebanon I haven't seen in ages... maybe a visit is in order, with a side trip!

I'll check out BDU.com, and I had completely forgotten about Sportsman's Guide.  I've sworn off CTD. 

Yea, I've gotten a few little items from eBamazon.  I'm just old fashioned I guess... wanna touch and feel some things before I buy 'em.  For instance, I saw a folding shovel on Amazon that didn't look too terrible... then I saw the same exact thing locally and it was the chintziest (sp?) thing ever... probably would break trying to shovel a little ant hill!  I did find a 12 pack of those mylar emergency blankets for about $7 shipped on Amazon, though!  They're $2.5-3 ea locally.

Keep 'em comin'!

Shadow warrior is the surplus store in castillian springs at the 231 and 25 4way stop intersection Also for us -ahem- plus size fellows, Greene military supply on lebanon road in Nashville provides bdu's and clothing for police, ems and other service folks - and have plenty of big sizes. I like the propper brand myself

Thanks for that link!  Looks like I'll fall into the XXL- regular pants size.

I'm going to keep searching around my area for now... a 1.5-2hr each way (and $25 in gas) trip to Ft Campbell just for pants and such is just too far... now if my WIFE wanted something out that way, we'd have been there yesterday!  :squint: