pbs poll... on Sarah Palin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me people would say she is not qualified for VP yet they think Obama is qualified for Prez.:(

and too stupid to to realize she's President of Alaska. As far as duties & responsibilities go, She's probably more qualified than McCain.

Most people are not qualified to vote, and shouldn't unless you can pass a civics exam and have a job.

and too stupid to to realize she's President of Alaska. As far as duties & responsibilities go, She's probably more qualified than McCain.

Most people are not qualified to vote, and shouldn't unless you can pass a civics exam and have a job.

AMEN!!!

Guest Phantom6
She is losing.

Actually since I saw this yesterday she has picked quite a bit or ground. As someone else pointed out however, this poll is on PBS... the same fine folks that refused to let Toby Keith participate in a patriotic concert program July 4th a while back. They need to change the name from PBS to LLL- that would be Leftwing Liberal Loons. :)

Guest GUTTERbOY

I dunno, I think that statement is going a bit far. You don't get through 20 years as a naval officer without spending plenty of time in leadership roles.

In the end, "experience" is a rather nebulous term, and everybody has their own idea of what constitutes experience. On top of that, given the natural human tendency towards bias, an individual's definition of experience is likely formualted to match the experience of the person they support. I'd bet good money that the people defending Obama's experience as criticizing Palin's were Obama fans before they even knew his full history. Same thing goes for lots of Palin's fans as well.

This is why I think that playing the "experience" card and attempting to debate it is ultimately a futile undertaking. Until we all agree on some kind of yardstick with which to objectively quantify experience relevant to the office of POTUS (or VPOTUS), we're pretty much pissing in the wind trying to argue about it.

When it comes to my decision-making, experience is pretty much a non-starter of an argument. Sure, it figures into the decision, but I care much less about it than I do about a candidate's voting record and personal viewpoint on the role of government. I'd rather have a Constitutionalist straight out of a small-town City Council than a 20-year career politician who wants to socialize every damn thing.

sort of off topic but

I heard a guy on the radio yesterday explaining that he cannot vote for McCain. His reasoning was that McCain broke down and talked while being torchered while he was a POW. Talked as in gave up information more so than name rank etc..

These are the type of people the repubs are up against. How long does this guy think OB would have held out before talking?

Okay back to the regularly scheduled thread.

sort of off topic but

I heard a guy on the radio yesterday explaining that he cannot vote for McCain. His reasoning was that McCain broke down and talked while being torchered while he was a POW. Talked as in gave up information more so than name rank etc..

These are the type of people the repubs are up against. How long does this guy think OB would have held out before talking?

Okay back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Obama would have offered to run for high political office and then sell them state secrets....glad that never happend!

Guest GUTTERbOY
well, Ronald Reagan was an Hollywood actor with no any experience in politics what so ever and he won...so, anything is possible...

Db

Not to be disagreeable, but Reagan had eight years as California governor under his belt before running for President.

Guest Gun Geek
Just thought I would let you in on the stats,

She is no longer losing.

Yesm-blue.gif52% Nom-blue.gif46% Not Surem-blue.gif 0%

It is close though

Wait a minute here.... anyone else see an issue with these numbers... lets go back to grade school math here...

52+46= 98 Where is the other 2%

This is why I think that playing the "experience" card and attempting to debate it is ultimately a futile undertaking. Until we all agree on some kind of yardstick with which to objectively quantify experience relevant to the office of POTUS (or VPOTUS), we're pretty much pissing in the wind trying to argue about it.

When it comes to my decision-making, experience is pretty much a non-starter of an argument. Sure, it figures into the decision, but I care much less about it than I do about a candidate's voting record and personal viewpoint on the role of government. I'd rather have a Constitutionalist straight out of a small-town City Council than a 20-year career politician who wants to socialize every damn thing.

I agree! The issue is not experience, it is Judgment. Look at what the candidate has done in his life, personally and professionally and you will find out what kind of person he or she will continue to be in the future. I don't agree with everything John McCain has done while serving as a Senator but, I do believe he has shown good judgment and consistency.

On the other hand, Obama has consistently shown bad judgment from his affiliations to who he has appointed as his campaign finance managers. He continues to show poor judgment with his economic policies and national security issues. These issues have little to do with experience and more to do with judgment.

I dunno, I think that statement is going a bit far. You don't get through 20 years as a naval officer without spending plenty of time in leadership roles.

In the end, "experience" is a rather nebulous term, and everybody has their own idea of what constitutes experience. On top of that, given the natural human tendency towards bias, an individual's definition of experience is likely formualted to match the experience of the person they support. I'd bet good money that the people defending Obama's experience as criticizing Palin's were Obama fans before they even knew his full history. Same thing goes for lots of Palin's fans as well.

I agree! The issue is not experience, it is Judgment. Look at what the candidate has done in his life, personally and professionally and you will find out what kind of person he or she will continue to be in the future. I don't agree with everything John McCain has done while serving as a Senator but, I do believe he has shown good judgment and consistency.

On the other hand, Obama has consistently shown bad judgment from his affiliations to who he has appointed as his campaign finance managers. He continues to show poor judgment with his economic policies and national security issues. These issues have little to do with experience and more to do with judgment.

Experience:

1. a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something: My encounter with the bear in the woods was a frightening experience.

2. the process or fact of personally observing, encountering, or undergoing something: business experience.

3. the observing, encountering, or undergoing of things generally as they occur in the course of time: to learn from experience; the range of human experience.

4. knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone: a man of experience.

5. Philosophy. the totality of the cognitions given by perception; all that is perceived, understood, and remembered.

Anyone notice you can vote every time you visit the page.

I have voted yes at least 10 times.Just goes to show no polls can be trusted.

I couldn`t, I tried to vote "no" second time and it wouldn`t let me....but you are right, it shows that no polls can be trusted....:D

Db