Smith & Wesson and Strum, Ruger to Stop Selling Guns in California

The Legion

Smith & Wesson and Strum, Ruger are going to stop selling their guns in California because of new bullet stamping requirement.

The two companies have announced they will stop selling their wares in the nation's most populous state rather than try to comply with a law that requires some handguns to have technology that imprints a tiny stamp on the bullet so it can be traced back to the gun. The companies, and many gun enthusiasts, say so-called "microstamping" technology is unworkable in its present form and can actually impair a gun's performance.

Link to full story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/24/smith-wesson-to-stop-selling-some-pistols-in-california-due-to-gun-law/

I've been reading these stories...I truly hope that none of the LE agencies in CA are allowed to use non-compliant guns either...that way, when all the gun makers refused to comply with the law stop selling in CA LEOs won't have firearms either; only the criminals who always ignore the law would have guns.

It will never happen that way of course but it certainly would be some poetic justice for the idiots running California these days.

I feel sorry for the good, decent, people who live in CA...maybe it's time for them to move.

• Like 3

I recall reading an article years back regarding lost and stolen firearms from LEOs that included goverment agencies.  I remember the "reported" amount suprised me, so I doubt they would want those guns to be Identifed later in a crime.  I remember back in early 90s in Pinedale, Wy there were a couple FBI SUVs that got broke in to at a motel and they got mp5s, m16s and bunch of ammo.  Nothing was ever recovered.

I've been reading these stories...I truly hope that none of the LE agencies in CA are allowed to use non-compliant guns either...that way, when all the gun makers refused to comply with the law stop selling in CA LEOs won't have firearms either; only the criminals who always ignore the law would have guns.

It will never happen that way of course but it certainly would be some poetic justice for the idiots running California these days.

I feel sorry for the good, decent, people who live in CA...maybe it's time for them to move.

It clearly says that LEO are above the law.

....or go to the polls!!

I think they are beyond that point...between the population of the cities that are overwhelmingly Democrat (including many that are illegals who are still allowed to vote) the few decent people in CA don't have much of a chance to turn things around (and when they take a step in the right direction some court says the step is unconstitutional).

• Like 1