How do vaccines cause autism?

Jenny McCarthy claims she cured autism in her kid. To hell with all those doctors who spend a lifetime of research on autism, celebrities always know better. This kinda poison that people put out in the public for unsuspecting folks who may not be as sharp as the rest of us needs to be ridiculed into submission. The rising number of autism diagnosis has as much to do with the rising number of vaccinations as the rising number of cancer diagnosis has to do with the rising number of pussy boy bands. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny!

I was just looking at this topic last week. Autism increased 23% from 2006 to 2008 and 78% from 2002 to 2008, according to one study.  Are those numbers right?

It seems unbelievable to me, but...

If so, it would seem that the most likely culprit would be a new food additive.  Kids have been vaccinated for decades, whereas new chemicals are introduced into our diets regularly. Take Splenda, for example. It (sucralose) was introduced into the US in 1998 and now holds 62% of market share of artificial sweeteners. I'm NOT saying Splenda causes autism... I'm just using it as an example of how widespread a new chemical can become in only a few years.

Funny!

I was just looking at this topic last week. Autism increased 23% from 2006 to 2008 and 78% from 2002 to 2008, according to one study.  Are those numbers right?

It seems unbelievable to me, but...

If so, it would seem that the most likely culprit would be a new food additive.  Kids have been vaccinated for decades, whereas new chemicals are introduced into our diets regularly. Take Splenda, for example. It (sucralose) was introduced into the US in 1998 and now holds 62% of market share of artificial sweeteners. I'm NOT saying Splenda causes autism... I'm just using it as an example of how widespread a new chemical can become in only a few years.

Has the incidence of autism increased or has the rate of diagnosis increased?  

• Like 5
[quote name="jgradyc" post="1102356" timestamp="1390911092"]Funny! I was just looking at this topic last week. Autism increased 23% from 2006 to 2008 and 78% from 2002 to 2008, according to one study. Are those numbers right? It seems unbelievable to me, but... If so, it would seem that the most likely culprit would be a new food additive. Kids have been vaccinated for decades, whereas new chemicals are introduced into our diets regularly. Take Splenda, for example. It (sucralose) was introduced into the US in 1998 and now holds 62% of market share of artificial sweeteners. I'm NOT saying Splenda causes autism... I'm just using it as an example of how widespread a new chemical can become in only a few years.[/quote] The number of diagnosed cases of autism has risen that much, yes. But it's more due to the spectrum of "autism" widening to encompass a lot of forms of disorders. 15 years ago most people didn't know what autism was, and now it's every pregnant woman's biggest fear. Hell 30-40 years ago they just called them retards (sorry it's true), 20 years before that they put them in mental hospitals. Be careful with"statistics" they're easily manipulated. One thing is true there has been absolutely zero scientific link between autism and vaccines. The doctor who originally made the speculative link, has been discredited and lost his medical license. HE MADE IT ALL UP, but shhhh don't tell Facebook it might implode. Sent from my iPad using Voodoo magic
  • Like 1
[quote name="peejman" post="1102359" timestamp="1390913080"]Has the incidence of autism increased or has the rate of diagnosis increased? [/quote] Winner winner, chicken dinner! It's easy for the organic nazis to spout crap about autism numbers "rising" without acknowledging that people are being diagnosed of the spectrum who never would have been diagnosed or even on the spectrum years ago. There are grown adults being diagnosed for the first time. Nothing changed. They didnt spontaneously develop autism. It just was never diagnosed. Now there is such an emphasis on health care providers to watch for signs so they can get a diagnosis earlier. They didnt have such an emphasis when we were kids. It's all a bunch of bullcrap being peddled by self appointed and self "educated" autism "experts"who are looking to scare folks into their warped view of the world. I'm related to one of these whackos who claims that autism is all a result of "Big Pharma" pushing snake oil on parents and using the government as a strong arm to enforce vaccination standards so that "Big Pharma" can get their delicious money and further the agenda of the new world order military industrial compl....... AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I F###ING HATE THOSE IGNORANT AHOLES!!! They think polio and smallpox were thwarted by organic vegetables, not vaccines. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1