Drones in La Vergne

billyscott

[quote name="sigmtnman" post="1105638" timestamp="1391463450"]Can a low flying cessna hover outside a window? Besides, pert sure, they would end up in trouble...[/quote] We have been talking about a drone over your property not necessarily outside a window. I have ultralights fly over regularly, can I shoot them? And 500 ft is not all that high. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have been talking about a drone over your property not necessarily outside a window. I have ultralights fly over regularly, can I shoot them? And 500 ft is not all that high. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have been talking about drones hovering around the roof lines of houses.  You really are being obtuse about it huh.

No, I'm talking about something close enough to see in my windows or appears to be close enough to be caseing my property, if it's high enough above my property for "normal" traffic then its on its own. Some peop like e gatta play drama queen and blow crap out of proportion.
[quote name="dralarms" post="1105752" timestamp="1391475742"]No, I'm talking about something close enough to see in my windows or appears to be close enough to be caseing my property, if it's high enough above my property for "normal" traffic then its on its own. Some peop like e gatta play drama queen and blow crap out of proportion.[/quote] Yep some people do.... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
[quote name="Dane" post="1105744" timestamp="1391474940"]We have been talking about a drone over your property not necessarily outside a window. I have ultralights fly over regularly, can I shoot them? And 500 ft is not all that high. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quote] Okay, so what is the appropriate height, huh? If I go out and buy a fan powered hover craft can I hover an inch over your property? I'm not touching th ground, and you don't own the airspace, so I should be able to hover right up to your windows and see if I can peek in. An inch too low? Okay, how about a foot over? How about two feet? How about the same altitude as your 2nd story window? You don't own the airspace, so I should be able to park myself or my flying video camera right outside your window for as ling as I want. If you have a problem with that, I guess you can shut your shades. After all, you don't own the airspace. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[quote name="sigmtnman" post="1105751" timestamp="1391475730"]We have been talking about drones hovering around the roof lines of houses. You really are being obtuse about it huh.[/quote] Yes. They seem to think this is an overreaction from folks who hate technology. I work with a couple of guys who are quad enthusiasts who have very expensive aircraft. They aren't flying it around the windows and rooflines of other people's houses. They aren't peeping Tom douchebags. By several accounts, this aircraft was hanging around outside of windows peeking in. The story of the operator doesn't add up. This appears to be exactly what we're talking about. Yet folks just have their preconceived notion that folks who have a problem are just closed minded simpletons. That's fine. You clearly don't have young kids, so your opinion means absolute squat. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as I can see, no one, I mean NO ONE has any right buzzing around your house without your consent. If you want to look at my roof or anything else for that matter, just a simple knock on the door to ask permission. Better yet, if I didn't call you...leave me alone! As far as I'm concerned it's an invasion of privacy to do otherwise, and your little drone will be dealt with accordingly. I live out in the county and shoot at least one shot daily at my chosen target. Adding a drone to that target list is as easy as pie! By law, I can't shoot a peeping human, but a drone is fair game in my book!

Dave

• Like 1

As far as I can see, no one, I mean NO ONE has any right buzzing around your house without your consent. If you want to look at my roof or anything else for that matter, just a simple knock on the door to ask permission. Better yet, if I didn't call you...leave me alone! As far as I'm concerned it's an invasion of privacy to do otherwise, and your little drone will be dealt with accordingly. I live out in the county and shoot at least one shot daily at my chosen target. Adding a drone to that target list is as easy as pie! By law, I can't shoot a peeping human, but a drone is fair game in my book!

Dave

If what they are doing is illegal (and I don't know for sure if it is or isn't) then the responsible thing to do is call the police and let them sort it out; not go shooting at it and especially not shooting at it in a residential neighborhood which, if I read the stories correctly, where this incident happened.

If what they are doing is illegal (and I don't know for sure if it is or isn't) then the responsible thing to do is call the police and let them sort it out; not go shooting at it and especially not shooting at it in a residential neighborhood which, if I read the stories correctly, where this incident happened.

You're probably right. I'm gonna shoot it down anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

On second thought, I think I'll load up some line on my bow-fishing setup - bet it would be more fun to try and rope one than shoot it down.  Then I could take it in and wait for the owner to show up and explain what the hell it was doing outside my window.

• Like 2