Ammo hoarders spooked???

Dustbuster

Unfortunately, some of us got into the game a little late and don't have a ton of money to buy ammo. I got into guns around when "the King" came into office, not because of him, but because I inherited my grandfathers guns. At that point ammo was not only going up in price, but not on the shelves. $8.99 was the going price for Blazer or AE 9mm/50 brass at wal-mart. Now they are $15/box if you can find them. But I got what I could when I could afford it. But .22lr was never an issue during that period or any issue until just over a year ago. My problem is that considering there's never been a run on .22lr before, who would have thought there would be this time? Instead of buying .22 I had been slowly buying 9mm and .308. Now a year later I've been sitting on one box of 500 that's not full and it sucks. I am pretty much at the point this spring of just shooting the box at will and just being without ammo for my .22's. I haven't shot any in over year because of it, so it's like not having any anyway.

....According to Winchester, their "WinClean" and other ammo with lead free primers does expire after 1-2 years. After that time, it may or may not fire due to the primers deteriorating. They just dont have the technology to manufacture lead free primers that last forever.

Though I've heard that stated before, have never found actual source from Winchester?

- OS

I was in there last Sunday after church and there were 15 boxes of Federal 9mm target ammo as well as an overpriced bulk 30cal can full. I've seen privi 9mm in there regularly as well. I Saale a guy bring out a case of privi there a while back on a Monday morning and half was still there Friday evening. I'm not in there 2 or 3 times per week or anything but they've had some 9mm more often than they haven't when I am there. I load my own so I never buy but I always look when I am there just to keep an eye on how things are going.

Thanks for the info, I'll start checking if I'm over that way.

Judging by the fact that the ammo shelves at the local Mboro Walmarts are STILL perpetually bare, I'd say that Mboro must be the hoarding/reselling capital of middle TN.

Just came from the Wal-Mart on Old Fort about an hour and a half ago, and there was CCI Mini Mags on the shelf. Not a lot, maybe a dozen boxes.

I noticed Jefferson City Walmart getting in 333 Winchester by the case, ( gone by 7am) by the 4 old men that camp out every day.

On an other note. Luckgunner I think in Knoxville? Has Thunderbolt 500 bricks for $80, eighty, EIGHT ZERO + shipping+Tax. $20 more dollars and you can get 500 rounds of 762x39 from sgammo.

Happy plinking. Edited by Tncobra

On an other note. Luckgunner I think in Knoxville?

No, they're not "here". Something about just being incorporated in TN with a PO box address here, for whatever reason. Our own Linoge says that Ammo.net, BulkAmmo.com, AmmoforSale.com, GunsForSale.com, and Military Ballistic Industries and Lucky Gunner are all the same biz entity.

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/?s=lucky+gunner&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

I think they're really in Atlanta -- somebody who has ordered from them can perhaps verify where it was shipped from.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

No, they're not "here". Something about just being incorporated in TN with a PO box address here, for whatever reason. Our own Linoge says that Ammo.net, BulkAmmo.com, AmmoforSale.com, GunsForSale.com, and Military Ballistic Industries and Lucky Gunner are all the same biz entity.

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/?s=lucky+gunner&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

I think they're really in Atlanta -- somebody who has ordered from them can perhaps verify where it was shipped from.

- OS

Linoge is correct.  They are a ammo "Zappos Wannabe", run by realtors & lawyers in Knox, POB shell in NYC, admin in Knox (who knows where the servers are), warehouse/shipping in ATL contracted from a logistics company in Las Vegas (who administers their FFL in ATL).  and overpriced.

Hah the ammo bitches are on the run!!! Beware of skid marks on the seats of folding chairs in aisle 14 I was there looking for 22lr and I found these on the floor close to sporting goods.size 32 with a pink tint. I didn't touch em per ammo crime scene protocol. We may be able to get some DNA and is these very bad ammo beotches.
6apyre3y.jpg

Edited by Dustbuster