Ammo hoarders spooked???

Dustbuster

Was checking out a few of the sales boards lotsa ammo for sale especially out of Murfreesboro. Was wondering if the hoarders have had dept of revenue bangin on their doors, or wal mart corp decided to make em buy what they park their lame asses on..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Was checking out a few of the sales boards lotsa ammo for sale especially out of Murfreesboro. Was wondering if the hoarders have had dept of revenue bangin on their doors, or wal mart corp decided to make em buy what they park their lame asses on..,

Why would the Dept. of Revenue be bothering a "hoarder"? They pay the tax at point of purchase just the same as the rest of us do when buying ammo from a business.

• Like 1
Arms list and gun owners club is where I was looking.Usually there's more guns than ammo now there's more ammo than guns but the abundance of ammo is from Murfreesboro. Nothing wrong w selling off "stock" I was surprised at the volume from one area.

Judging by the fact that the ammo shelves at the local Mboro Walmarts are STILL perpetually bare, I'd say that Mboro must be the hoarding/reselling capital of middle TN.

same here.  i hope they get stuck with the high price ammo.  you can not eat it. 

Judging by the fact that the ammo shelves at the local Mboro Walmarts are STILL perpetually bare, I'd say that Mboro must be the hoarding/reselling capital of middle TN.

I've been in the Walmart by MTSU in Murfreesboro quite a bit lately and they've had enough ammo on the shelves that other than .22 I could buy ammo for any other popular caliber every time I've been in. May not be the brand that someone would have chosen two years ago but there is ammo there. I can't say one way or the other about the old fort location but I figure the one by campus has as much as any other Walmart on average.

It's interesting-- my job involves Day travel all over middle TN-- from Clarksville to McMinnville, White House to Monteagle, and all points in between. Whatever town I am in, I frequently check the local Walmart ammo supply.

Murfreesboro is consistently the worst of the bunch as far as available inventory goes.

Why would the Dept. of Revenue be bothering a "hoarder"? They pay the tax at point of purchase just the same as the rest of us do when buying ammo from a business.

Well, resale for profit in TN requires charging TN sales tax on most items,  even if it were paid to acquire the item. But I seriously doubt a state investigation is the issue here.

- OS

• Like 1
[quote name="frankmako" post="1107509" timestamp="1391789424"]same here. i hope they get stuck with the high price ammo. you can not eat it. [/quote] I think your assumption may be a bit wrong. If they are buying at Walmart for relatively cheap and trying to resell high, they aren't really stuck with it. In my view, they just end up having a lot of ammo at the best price you can find it. If they do sell it, it's better for them. Kind of a win-win if your into reselling. That's not I say I like what they are doing, but I don't think they will be hurt by inventory coming up. Yes, they won't make as much, but they still have a valuable commodity which will not lose value. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

A buddy and I went out yesterday just to get out and go check out ammo supplies in stores. Went to 5 different stores. Dicks, Academy, BPS,  NRange, and Gun City and asked each one for 22 LR. Got zero ammo but got a different excuse at each on. Clerk at Dicks said he never knew when he would be getting any and when it showed up it showed up in a shipment. Academy clerks same story, Gun city said they placed one order for it back about a year ago and when they get them they get about 10 boxes of the original  order and still have not gotten the original order filled yet. BPS says they get it about once a week but never get more then 50 boxes and it is normally gone by noon or 1 PM that same day and they do have a two box limit per person. NRange said they get a few boxes in from time to time and also have two box limit and it never lasts the full day.

Well, resale for profit in TN requires charging TN sales tax on most items,  even if it were paid to acquire the item. But I seriously doubt a state investigation is the issue here.

- OS

My point is that if a "hoarder" is buying in order to re sell it then he is quite confused because he is a re seller not a hoarder. A hoarder by definition would be keeping it for himself rather than selling it.

I've been in the Walmart by MTSU in Murfreesboro quite a bit lately and they've had enough ammo on the shelves that other than .22 I could buy ammo for any other popular caliber every time I've been in. May not be the brand that someone would have chosen two years ago but there is ammo there. I can't say one way or the other about the old fort location but I figure the one by campus has as much as any other Walmart on average.

Have they had 9mm?  I can't ever find any at the walmart on Old Fort.

Over the last year I have frequented several retail locations that sell ammo. Walmart, Rural King, Cabelas, LGS, etc...

Save for .22LR, every caliber has been in stock in a variety of flavors. Maybe not every trip, but I have been able to purchase all calibers I need.

I have also struck lucky I suppose, because on multiple times .22LR has been in stock, in bulk at Cabelas.

Have they had 9mm? I can't ever find any at the walmart on Old Fort.

I was in there last Sunday after church and there were 15 boxes of Federal 9mm target ammo as well as an overpriced bulk 30cal can full. I've seen privi 9mm in there regularly as well. I Saale a guy bring out a case of privi there a while back on a Monday morning and half was still there Friday evening. I'm not in there 2 or 3 times per week or anything but they've had some 9mm more often than they haven't when I am there. I load my own so I never buy but I always look when I am there just to keep an eye on how things are going.
  • Admin Team

Over the last year I have frequented several retail locations that sell ammo. Walmart, Rural King, Cabelas, LGS, etc...

Save for .22LR, every caliber has been in stock in a variety of flavors. Maybe not every trip, but I have been able to purchase all calibers I need.

I have also struck lucky I suppose, because on multiple times .22LR has been in stock, in bulk at Cabelas.

The WalMart at Nolensville Rd and Old Hickory Boulevard had an all-you-can-eat buffet of Federal 9mm the other evening when I was in there.  They probably had 300 boxes on the shelves.  And almost that many boxes of .45acp.

Don't get me wrong, I think the resellers ought to go stand in a fire somewhere, but why are people still buying ammo/hunting for ammo at walmart?  I haven't bought ammo from a local brick and mortar store in almost two years.  I buy all of mine in bulk usually from a small handful of different vendors online and I still come out way ahead of what wally world charges for it.  That's not to say that the online places don't also run out at times but most places have email/text alerts when things come into stock and its as easy as reaching for my cell phone to buy cases of whatever it is.  Just seems foreign to me in this day and age to go driving store to store locally to look for ammo.  Am I way off base here?

Edited by viscero

I don't disagree with you, but not everyone buys in bulk and from online dealers. I think that trend is increasing, but this past year, pricing was so inconsistent that many of us bought what we could, where we could; if it was available at anything approaching a reasonable price.

I do primarily, at least in the past buy case lots when I could, but with so many gunners searching the webs, those welling had a great time. The could price and sell out almost immediately if pricing was anywhere reasonable. Even when unreasonable, a lot of ammo was purchased.

Maybe not by those of us here, but retail dealers haven't as yet had to hard a time selling their inventory.