I bought some 223

So I ordered some 223 from cheaper than dirt.  Delivered, it is going to be less than 40 cents a round.  That is the best price I have seen in a while.  It seems like to me, 223 is almost as cheap as 9mm, which is weird because I always thought I would get a 9mm carbine for cheap plinking, but I cannot seem to find 9mm anywhere cheaper than 15$ per 50.  This is also the first time I have ordered ammo online, I always picked it up at Walmart, but that ship has sailed. 

I've seen quite a bit of ammo on the wallyworld shelves in this past week, especially 223. Wasn't the cheapest around, but it's there.

No 22 or 380, but about all else you could want.

However, Academy seems to have about any caliber you want, including the 22 and 380. Again not at pre-panic prices, but it's there.

And as far as CDT, since their pricing had been so high in the past, you might actually get your order before next Christmas. They probably do have some in stock. LOL

Came through Bowling Green today. Stopped at Gander Mountain to look around. They have tons of 9 mm and everything else but no 22lr. There is a sale going right now and prices are average. I bought UMC 9mm fmj 250 round box for $69. 150 round 556 green tip for $69. May not be worth driving to Bowling Green but if you are passing through stop and look around.
[quote name="Hotrod" post="1107681" timestamp="1391818869"]Came through Bowling Green today. Stopped at Gander Mountain to look around. They have tons of 9 mm and everything else but no 22lr. There is a sale going right now and prices are average. I bought UMC 9mm fmj 250 round box for $69. 150 round 556 green tip for $69. May not be worth driving to Bowling Green but if you are passing through stop and look around.[/quote]they usually have a good selection with above average prices. I do like to wander around there though. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

AIM has Wolf Gold in stock, good ammo and reloadable cases for under 40 cents per round shipped, and you don't have to deal with CTD!  :popcorn:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AWG223FMJ55&utm_source=AIM+Surplus+Main+List&utm_campaign=52eec012d7-02072014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6870497a6a-52eec012d7-18140801

And a AIM is a much better vendor to boot!
  • Like 1

Why has that ship sailed? I don't understand. No shortage of ammo at our Walmarts  other then 22 and 380.

Why has that ship sailed? I don't understand. No shortage of ammo at our Walmarts  other then 22 and 380.

The 223 at my Walmarts is 50 cents a round before tax