Anyone going shooting tomorrow?

rugerla1

I'm not sure yet but I may try to sneak out of the house and go to the OK Corral tomorrow. I wanted to go today but the weather seemed too iffy when I got up, weather folks saying it may turn to rain. I said screw it and hung out with the family all day. It was actually nice. I'd like to get out there tomorrow, hopefully it all works out. Just curious if anyone else was getting in any range time tomorrow. 

Luke, I'll call ya if we head out there in case you have any ammo that's about to expire and need to get rid of it :)

• Like 2

I'm not sure yet but I may try to sneak out of the house and go to the OK Corral tomorrow. I wanted to go today but the weather seemed too iffy when I got up, weather folks saying it may turn to rain. I said screw it and hung out with the family all day. It was actually nice. I'd like to get out there tomorrow, hopefully it all works out. Just curious if anyone else was getting in any range time tomorrow. 

Luke, I'll call ya if we head out there in case you have any ammo that's about to expire and need to get rid of it :)

I try to run through mine fast enough that it doesn't get the chance! Went out to try to make a lead deposit into a coyote but didn't have any luck. One showed up about 7yrds from Joe back behind me but she caught him with the call in his mouth rather than with a gun in his hand. Let me know if you decide you're going to head that way and i'll see about meeting you out there. I'm supposed to be taking a friend to go purchase his first pistol tomorrow but maybe the times won't conflict.

• Like 1

I try to run through mine fast enough that it doesn't get the chance! Went out to try to make a lead deposit into a coyote but didn't have any luck. One showed up about 7yrds from Joe back behind me but she caught him with the call in his mouth rather than with a gun in his hand. Let me know if you decide you're going to head that way and i'll see about meeting you out there. I'm supposed to be taking a friend to go purchase his first pistol tomorrow but maybe the times won't conflict.

Sounds good. That's awesome you're taking someone to get their first pistol. My friend that was with me the other day, I took him to get his first pistol, then his first rifle, and Christmas a shotgun. AR is next!
  • Like 1

My ammo expires only after it leaves the muzzel.  :)

I also recycle expired ammo even though I don't reload, used to know a few recyclers to donate expired ammo to. Maybe I should say temporarly expired.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1

I am hoping to go shoot today, wanted to yesterday but spent all day rebuilding ESX servers for work (2 left today, shouldn't be too long). I have a couple of new loads to try out in my AR to help me decide which powder I want to stick with, my tax return hit my bank account so I am going to stock up on some components.

what is this OK Corral you speak of? BTW, I went yesterday to Stones River, thinking they took plastic, so disappointed  since i had an hour between basketball games to shoot some paper.. was thinking about it today, just stayed in bed, damn weather need to quit it...

what is this OK Corral you speak of? BTW, I went yesterday to Stones River, thinking they took plastic, so disappointed  since i had an hour between basketball games to shoot some paper.. was thinking about it today, just stayed in bed, damn weather need to quit it...

Its in Woodbury, has a lot of pistol ranges, shotgun pit, and 50, 100, 200 yard rifle lanes with concrete benches (covered) and is $5 all day. Love this range!

Quote of the day from Greg_Mid_TN after I told him my break in procedure was done: "Well, no more excuses!" LMAO!! So much truth in that statement :)

Anyway, I shot my new Glock after I was done with the 700, but to be honest I had more fun with the rifle. Or maybe I was just cold and tired so I didn't have as much fun because I was ready to get home. So here are my best groups of the day, and for me I'm really happy that I did this good but still want to do better. Aim small, miss small. I should have put up a bigger target than the one inch orange dots and I may have done better at 200 yards.

Here is the 50 yard target

IMAG0457_zps01adc903.jpg

And the 100 yard

IMAG0458_zps4d7552a4.jpg

And the 200

IMAG0459_zpsc4a99770.jpg

Sounds good. That's awesome you're taking someone to get their first pistol. My friend that was with me the other day, I took him to get his first pistol, then his first rifle, and Christmas a shotgun. AR is next!

We spent a bit of time looking over the classifieds here and didn't find exactly what he was looking (which is impressive since he didn't even have it narrowed to a specific manufacture). He has handled my M&P 9mm and liked the feel of it but he really was stuck on a .40 but hadn't ruled any other manufacturer out. He had mentioned wanting to reload and also wanted to learn to cast so that kind of ruled out Glocks since everything I've heard points out the rifling in Glock barrels don't get along with cast lead bullets. He looked at HK's and liked the SIG's but wasn't sure he wanted to drop that kind of money. They guy handed him an M&P .40 and that was the end of the gun shopping as he said "i'll take it". 

I've not yet bought all the conversion kits and casefeed plates for my Dillon press I got for Christmas so to be able to load his ammo on my press he had to spend a fair bit but left with,

Dillon .40 die set

small pistol casefeed plate

.40 caliber conversion kit

quick change kit (powder measure, tool head and stand)

he also picked up primers, powder and some bullets to get him started so he had a good sized tab when he checked out.

It's always good to take part in getting someone new into the hobby.

How was the range today Rugerla?

• Like 1

We spent a bit of time looking over the classifieds here and didn't find exactly what he was looking (which is impressive since he didn't even have it narrowed to a specific manufacture). He has handled my M&P 9mm and liked the feel of it but he really was stuck on a .40 but hadn't ruled any other manufacturer out. He had mentioned wanting to reload and also wanted to learn to cast so that kind of ruled out Glocks since everything I've heard points out the rifling in Glock barrels don't get along with cast lead bullets. He looked at HK's and liked the SIG's but wasn't sure he wanted to drop that kind of money. They guy handed him an M&P .40 and that was the end of the gun shopping as he said "i'll take it". 

I've not yet bought all the conversion kits and casefeed plates for my Dillon press I got for Christmas so to be able to load his ammo on my press he had to spend a fair bit but left with,

Dillon .40 die set

small pistol casefeed plate

.40 caliber conversion kit

quick change kit (powder measure, tool head and stand)

he also picked up primers, powder and some bullets to get him started so he had a good sized tab when he checked out.

It's always good to take part in getting someone new into the hobby.

How was the range today Rugerla?

I've loved my M&P .40 since I first picked it up! He'll be happy with it.

We had a great time, but the moisture in the air sure made it seem colder than it was! it misted rain almost the entire time but we didn't care. I'm hoping this weekend is warmer with no rain and I'm going to head out there again.

I've loved my M&P .40 since I first picked it up! He'll be happy with it.

We had a great time, but the moisture in the air sure made it seem colder than it was! it misted rain almost the entire time but we didn't care. I'm hoping this weekend is warmer with no rain and I'm going to head out there again.

I had plans to shoot a bit when we finished shopping but I couldn't make myself do it. My wife mentioned wanting to head to the Corral this coming Saturday so if you're gonna be out there we'll see ya then. 

Did you happen to notice if they had any more hooded sweatshirts for sale at sign in? They have been out since before Christmas.

I had plans to shoot a bit when we finished shopping but I couldn't make myself do it. My wife mentioned wanting to head to the Corral this coming Saturday so if you're gonna be out there we'll see ya then. 
 Did you happen to notice if they had any more hooded sweatshirts for sale at sign in? They have been out since before Christmas.

Cool, I should be there. Sorry, I didn't pay any attention to the shirts, signed in and straight to the range.

I was thinking of going....but it's about an hour and a half from me...

of course, that isn't always a bad thing, but that's a hell of a drive just to shoot....

Very understandable. It's about 35-45 minutes for me as well but it's a nice drive once I get out of town. I love this range also because it kinda feels like I'm shooting at an old farm since it's up in the woods. Very relaxing. But my wife laughs when I say "I'm goin shootin for a couple of hours" since the drive there and back is almost that  :rofl:  She knows better!