My new AK

PackinMama

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is In Range. My parents live in Kodak and this would be just enough incentive to visit more!
Very nice AK! Does In Range have a website?

Here's the web addy for In Range.....it's got all the info you need there:

http://www.inrangec2.com/

Now that is a rifle! Very nice. Why the Serb cross? Was it requested or there to begin with? i like it.

Well, I was told that the rifle was actually used in the Bosnian conflict and the cross was there when it was shipped over here. Pretty cool piece of history there.....I don't believe I'll ever change it out. All the numbers on this rifle match too...unlike a lot of the Yugo's out there. I got this AK from Doc Huckleberry and he's bought four Ak's from In Range.....he said they do really high quality work. This one was built and test fired by In Range, then stored in a safe until today when I shot it. I only had about 12 rounds to fire through it.....but it shot great! I'm getting ready to order 500 rds. tonight!! :D

I'll tell you what, 12 rounds fired and I believe I'm already addicted! I've shot Colt AR-15's before and it really didn't do anything for me......not to mention that cleaning them is a real pita! This thing just feels so good I just can't explain it....and it's got such personality.....if that makes any sense. It's kind of like my old '71 Cutlass......that car had it's own personality that no other car I've had since has even come close to equaling. This gun is just plain sweet and I love it!

Where is In Range. My parents live in Kodak and this would be just enough incentive to visit more!

I know Troy a little ... nice feller. Ex Sevierville LEO.

He has shop in back of his house in residential neighborhood... contact him first through the website number. Notice "by appointment only".

- OS

Guest pjblurton
I know Troy a little ... nice feller. Ex Sevierville LEO.

He has shop in back of his house in residential neighborhood... contact him first through the website number. Notice "by appointment only".

- OS

Yeah, I know exactly where that is. 'Bout 1 mile away from my folks. Nice hood! I'll have to give him a call when I'm in town.

Thanks for the links guys! Next time I order ammo I'll have to try some of the Golden Tiger...that's a pretty good deal. I shopped around for ammo last night and finally decided to go with the Barnaul stuff from Sportsman's Guide. I read that it's a little better quality and cleaner than Wolf, and it was only about $15 more for 500 rds. I also ordered one new Hungarian 30 rd. mag from them while I was at it, so I can at least have two for now. What I really want to find are some Yugoslavian 30 rd. mags......I like the fact that they lock the bolt back when empty. Anyone know where I can get some Yugo mags?

Cool :) These are brand new ones too! Thanks 10Kilr!

I found this site just a few minutes ago...they have used ones for $15:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/50/products_id/757?osCsid=bbfp05mit5jq1jsb3uem6buvl3

New Yugos for $24 or used (says in good cond.) for $15.......I wonder if it's worth an extra $9 for new?

Probably not. If you tried to make $$ repairing AK mags you'd starve. If it hasn't been stomped on the feed lips it will most likely work. The first thing to do is make sure ALL the grease has been cleaned out of the mags. I have some that were pi$$ed on by some kittens. I still haven't done anything but load and shoot them.

Make it to the Oct shoot and you can look over my used mags. I can bring all of them.

Probably not. If you tried to make $$ repairing AK mags you'd starve. If it hasn't been stomped on the feed lips it will most likely work. The first thing to do is make sure ALL the grease has been cleaned out of the mags. I have some that were pi$ on by some kittens. I still haven't done anything but load and shoot them.

Make it to the Oct shoot and you can look over my used mags. I can bring all of them.

Grimel, if I can get a babysitter I just might do that. Do you have the XS sights on one of your rifles?

Guest grimel
Grimel, if I can get a babysitter I just might do that. Do you have the XS sights on one of your rifles?

Not on an AK. I can bring the boomer with the XS sights too. It hasn't been out in a couple of months.

I am hoping to have all the parts arrive so I can have my Saiga 223 converted by the Oct shoot.