Anyone else see this ?

Guest nitrous_mike

Man, that's horrible. Those guys need a serious re-education on sportsmanship and hunting. Oh, and a couple of decades taking the bus.

Beyond that I got a couple of good laughs from the thread on Tnducks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grizzly Johnson

As far as Deer, turkey, all migratory birds including waterfowl, maybe other critters (as I'm not familiar with bear hunting or hog hunting in Tennessee........ it is very illegal to bait in Tennessee!!!

No need for them to lose everything. Thats a little overkill but they should have some very hefty fines laid upon them. When theres folks that can get away with murder walking around with less of a punishment for some duck poachers theres a serious problem in the world.

Why is it over kill. What these bastards did is overkill and puts all hunters in a very bad light to boot. Do bad they can't get jail time to go along with the fines.

Guest page90lx
I had heard most of them worked for DuPont and the TVA plant @ NJ. Keep us updated on what comes out in the paper. Regardless of age or income its just flat out sorry for someone to even consider doing this. I know we all talk about if the day comes they are just falling the hole Ima make up for these past years that have been poor, but I mean its not like you would actually do something like this. Not to mention they baited the hell out of the hole to start with.

They are still trying to almost take up for the guys on TNDucks , I just do not care if they are you best friend if someone is that sorry to do this what do you think they would do to you or your stuff. This is one reason why I am so picky about who I let hunt with me.

Nope non of them work at tva new johnsonville , But a couple or so work over at dupont

• 1 month later...
Guest nitrous_mike

Copied from another site so I can only assume it has truth to it if not sorry.

This all according to the TWRA. The charges are listed beside the names.

Charles W. Banes Burns Tn. 7 counts over the limit, 1 hunting over bait

Christopher Cole Camden Tn. 8 over, 2 over bait, without license.

Joel D. Ramsey Waverly. 8 over, 2 over bait, without lic.

Chase Thomas Scurlock Waverly. 8 over,2 over bait,unplugged shotgun, possession of lead shot.

Juvenile 8 over, 2 over bait.

Matthew Warren Waverly, 8 over, 2 over bait.

Jacob Scurlock Waverly, 7 over, 1 over bait.

Jeff Warren Waverly, 8 over 2 over bait.

Brad Mangrum,McEwen, 7 over, 1 over bait.

Monty Daniel New Johnsonville, 1 over, 1 over bait.

Billy J. Mashaw New Johnsonville, 1 over, 1 over bait.

Brian Lee Waverly, 1 over, 1 over bait.

Guest Jcochran88

I have hunted before with one of the younger guys that was involved in this, he was that way when i hunted with him and will never again. Its a shame that this is what peta will use to say all hunters are like this.

Guest nitrous_mike

That is just how some people are and all you can do is avoid them. I have a neighbor that is a sorry pos who has poached on us ever since they moved in about 20 years ago. When TWRA will not do anything abut it, it really makes you wonder just WTF are they there for when you have 3 land owners that complain about the same person and they call in saying hey this A-hole is out here spotlighting and tresspassing then no one shows up. :shrug:

Guest nitrous_mike

Another update,

Christopher Cole took a plea bargin on Wed. in Camden fined $4000.00 and lost licenses for 7 years. I believe the rest have obtained one lawyer to defend all.

Guest Grizzly Johnson

I got this off our local site. One of the offenders is a Jackson police officer. Another was a juvie that has now turned 18.

This case is drawing national attention from PETA,Delta Waterfowl and Ducks Unlimited.Internet chatter says Ducks Unlimited is interested in seeking punitive damages because of the DU logo on the truck.Heres the list off the net.

This all according to the TWRA. The charges are listed beside the names.

Charles W. Banes Burns Tn. 7 counts over the limit, 1 hunting over bait

Christopher Cole Camden Tn. 8 over, 2 over bait, without license.

Joel D. Ramsey Waverly. 8 over, 2 over bait, without lic.

Chase Thomas Scurlock Waverly. 8 over,2 over bait,unplugged shotgun, possession of lead shot.

Juvenile 8 over, 2 over bait.

Matthew Warren Waverly, 8 over, 2 over bait.

Jacob Scurlock Waverly, 7 over, 1 over bait.

Jeff Warren Waverly, 8 over 2 over bait.

Brad Mangrum,McEwen, 7 over, 1 over bait.

Monty Daniel New Johnsonville, 1 over, 1 over bait.

Billy J. Mashaw New Johnsonville, 1 over, 1 over bait.

Brian Lee Waverly, 1 over, 1 over bait

MORE:

The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency said they're compiling a case against 12 individuals, including one juvenile, for hunting over bait and over the limit of wood ducks.

Wildlife officials said they began their investigation after getting an unusual tip.

"The information came about through a series of photos which made their way to the wildlife officers," said Brian Elkins with the TWRA.

Officials said they can confirm 107 ducks killed were by the hunters.

Wood duck season opened September 13 and hunters can take two ducks per day.

Most of the suspects are accused of killing seven or eight ducks over the legal limit.

Christopher Cole, a police officer with the Jackson Police Department, is accused of killing eight over the limit.

The suspects are due back in court December 17.

The men face up to a $500 fine and six months in jail for each count they face

Guest nitrous_mike

It does make you wonder what kind of a LEO would be doing something like that not to mention the fact that he did not have a license. I find it almost funny as part of his plea deal was to lose his hunting license for 7 years.... That kinda makes you wonder what difference that would make since he has proven that he is such an observer of the LAW..... Maybe he should have a career change as well......

I don't believe I would call them hunters, poachers is a better word. ....

Thats my feeling.

They should have lost the right to legally hunt for life in addition to large fines.

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Just on Jackson WBBJ news.

Officer resigns from Jackson Police.

Pled guilty and was fined 3,300 and lost lic for 7 years.

Ordered to pay City of Jackson 5,000 for Training and uniforms.

Grand total 8,300 dollars and 7 years no hunting.

• 2 weeks later...
That is just awful. I hope they get everything from them. Truck , guns, boats, dogs, .....:)

That's my thought.

As many ducks as they killed, they may even take their lawyers, wives, and a few kids, maybe their recliners and TV sets.

Make 'em go to the gun shop, buy a new gun, and take that one, too.

Those sorry S.O.B.s are ruining it for the rest of us.

Guest tjbert47
I don't believe I would call them hunters, poachers is a better word. I live in Benton Co. and will let everyone know what happens in court.--MP

Thanks Major Pain I would like to hear what these a$$ heads get. There is just no excuse fot such behavior.

:rolleyes::screwy: