Looking for freedom in a new state

Guest windy hill farm

So I quess some of you southern boy's only judge people where they come from and not what they are about.

Seems like a good litmus test. 

When is the last time southern boys came up north and burned, raped and pillaged whole swaths of the north?  Follow that up with carpet baggery and perpetual invasion and attempt to change the culture and you may see where we are coming from.

• Like 1

So I quess some of you southern boy's only judge people where they come from and not what they are about.

I'll add. 

If where you are coming from is so nice and shouldn't be judged by the location, why do so many of yall want to move south?

I've lived in NY twice and will never find out if they "third time's a charm". Went there once in the Army with the 10th Mountain Division in Ft Drum for almost 4 years and a second time to run a plant between Buffalo and Rochester. Agree that most people in the rural areas of the upstate are very similar to southerners, 'cept y'all talk funny ;)

I've also had the pleasure of living in both middle and east TN, and will soon give it a shot out in west TN. In all, I've lived in more states than most will ever visit, and TN is the best of em all.

Good luck!
  • Like 1

Come on down enjoy the nascar drink fake moonshine and get lost in the smokies. But it's really not a very good place to live. You just about can't hunt and fish around here anymore due to all the rich Yankees buying up land building subdivisions and golf courses. I hear Alabama is real nice. Plenty of room too.

Fake moonshine??? Where you from? :)

Guest windy hill farm

Geez I quess I'm just beating a dead horse here,I can't speak for everybody that moves south the only reason that I want out is the bull**** gun laws and the city politics. Oh hell it's -16 this morning and still have well over 3ft of snow on the ground, I can deal with that. I thought maybe I could get some good info from other gun owners in a gun friendly state such as TN.

Guest Lowbuster
Not sure why you're getting hit so hard here, maybe southern pride showing too much. I've had a lot of run ins from people up north being in construction, well I'm not going there you are not most of them.
I think we need some southern hospitality until otherwise needed. I feel like we are getting a black eye on this one.
We are different down here, but we are great people.
Guest windy hill farm

Hey Lowbuster, I sure have pride in where I came from,and their is nothing wrong with that but I didn't join this forum to disrespect anyone or any culture. Hell if you southern boys were headed up north (not that any of you want to -16 this morning) I would offer to take you out to the great Adirondacks for some great trout fishing, maybe even a little Partridge hunting in the fall but forget deer hunting I'm not that foolish : :rant: But I sure as hell won't tell you to leave your southern ways behind when you do come. The only thing I would tell you to leave behind would be your guns,thats not me that's the state.

Edited by windy hill farm
Guest PapaB

Seems like a good litmus test. 

When is the last time southern boys came up north and burned, raped and pillaged whole swaths of the north?  Follow that up with carpet baggery and perpetual invasion and attempt to change the culture and you may see where we are coming from.

Reminds me of the african-americans that still whine about slavery and how they're the victims because of something that ended 150 years ago. You've never met anyone that personally even knows someone that went through what you describe but I'll gladly buy you some cheese to go with your whine if you'd like.

Guest windy hill farm

Well I guess I'll make this my last post and leave your forum. I expected some good natured ribbing about being a Damn Yankee but I didn't expect to open such a can of worms. Thanks to a few  guys for giving me some good info on your great state.  I hope we can keep in touch through e-mail. I didn't realize the wounds from so long ago that nun of us had anything to do with ran so deep, and I never meant to rub salt in those. That being said I'm to old to change my Yankee ways and never asked anyone to change there's. I joined this forum to get info from other gun owners and find info on your great state, but that didn't turn out so well, so much for southern hospitality.  Oh and if your broken down on the side of the road and see a Chevy pickup with NY plates pull up behind you don't worry It's probably just me seeing if you need a hand. Just my Yankee ways. Kevin

Reminds me of the african-americans that still whine about slavery and how they're the victims because of something that ended 150 years ago. You've never met anyone that personally even knows someone that went through what you describe but I'll gladly buy you some cheese to go with your whine if you'd like.

my great grandparents live to be a hundred try again. Edited by sigmtnman

Well I guess I'll make this my last post and leave your forum. I expected some good natured ribbing about being a Damn Yankee but I didn't expect to open such a can of worms. Thanks to a few  guys for giving me some good info on your great state.  I hope we can keep in touch through e-mail. I didn't realize the wounds from so long ago that nun of us had anything to do with ran so deep, and I never meant to rub salt in those. That being said I'm to old to change my Yankee ways and never asked anyone to change there's. I joined this forum to get info from other gun owners and find info on your great state, but that didn't turn out so well, so much for southern hospitality.  Oh and if your broken down on the side of the road and see a Chevy pickup with NY plates pull up behind you don't worry It's probably just me seeing if you need a hand. Just my Yankee ways. Kevin

Not sure what started that crap from some of our members. I've never seen a new member treated like that on TGO. Hope you stick around and not judge all of us by the comments of a few . Welcome

• Like 1
Guest Lowbuster

Well I guess I'll make this my last post and leave your forum. I expected some good natured ribbing about being a Damn Yankee but I didn't expect to open such a can of worms. Thanks to a few guys for giving me some good info on your great state. I hope we can keep in touch through e-mail. I didn't realize the wounds from so long ago that nun of us had anything to do with ran so deep, and I never meant to rub salt in those. That being said I'm to old to change my Yankee ways and never asked anyone to change there's. I joined this forum to get info from other gun owners and find info on your great state, but that didn't turn out so well, so much for southern hospitality. Oh and if your broken down on the side of the road and see a Chevy pickup with NY plates pull up behind you don't worry It's probably just me seeing if you need a hand. Just my Yankee ways. Kevin

Hang around a bit Kevin. Don't judge us all by views of a few. Make a few posts, jump in and get both feet wet.
As a New Yorker who just joined here and looking to move there in a few years when I retire, I want to say I'm thicker skinned than the last guy.

I read this thread and it was just good natured chop busting. Now feel free to go to the thread I started and tell me about the great places to buy in Memphis.
  • Like 1
Guest copperhead_1911

As a New Yorker who just joined here and looking to move there in a few years when I retire, I want to say I'm thicker skinned than the last guy.

I read this thread and it was just good natured chop busting. Now feel free to go to the thread I started and tell me about the great places to buy in Memphis.

MEMPHIS!!!!

My understanding is most of it is shall we say, a place were Obama got large amounts of the vote. Heck they even are changing the name of a park named after Tennessee hero Nathan Bedford Forrest ( General C.S.A.).

If they were libral "Yankees", sure I would probably whine too.  And yes you will hear of Rebs moving up North for work, and they'll be staying longer then your average retiree.   Again, nobody cares up there.   Its a free country. 

Well duh, but if you had a bunch of Yankees moving in...well you would whine too...lol You don't hear of anybody retiring and moving up north..

meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

• Like 1

You have just used an Oxymoron...

Easy there Sticky, err TrickyNicky.  We are just having fun with the new guy.  I'm thinking you missed his post in the other thread.

He has a sense of humor and is the kind of yankee we welcome!

If you are talking about me thanks, if you are talking about the other guy, that's the type of namby pamby attitude I am looking to move away from.

Easy there Sticky, err TrickyNicky.  We are just having fun with the new guy.  I'm thinking you missed his post in the other thread.

He has a sense of humor and is the kind of yankee we welcome!

Uncle Paul is from Long Island. I'm guessing rude doesn't scare him a bit :)

• Like 1

Whoa! My dad was a damned yankee. Lansdale, PA. Just north of Philly. He came down here expressly for the climate, slower talking people and the golf courses. :D

You can still find lots of land away from big cities, but still close enough to them, just about anywhere in this state. That road trip is

in order. Come on down!

We talk slow, so you damn yankees can understand!

• Like 1