Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

I wonder how many old airfields are in the area of this flight.  Just because a book says you need x number of feet to land a plane does not mean in the real world that is how much is needed.

I wonder if we will see this jetliner again someday flying into a building in Singapore or another city.

And what is to say the passengers weren't pushed out a door as the plane flew a couple hundred feet over the water.

or is it something most here would deny as a possiblity, like Alien abduction.  I am not going to get any further into that.

Just sayin...

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I stopped paying attention to US news, too many different stories. I have been following Xinhua today, tried Malaysian news but those people dont have a clue either.

As a poster mentioned above, China is really, really PO'd. And according to the Chinese Government, the entire Nation of China is serious (Seriously PO'd).

China says that they are great friends with Malaysia and that it is a great tourist destination for the Chinese BUT, they do not want to see continuing conspiracy theories, but it is getting kind of hard with Malaysian Avation Authority, the Malaysian Military and the Malaysian Government all giving different stories.

China is PO'd at the Aircraft manufacturers, because every time the Chinese Government asks a question all they get is "No comment"

China admits they don't have the military technical capabilities to do the search they need to do. They (The Chinese) are getting no co-operation from anyone, so they are asking Washington to use the US Military Technological Capabilities to find this aircraft.

Guest TankerHC

Here's another hole in that required data stream theory, which apparently only applies to the real world and not the world of US Intelligence. That Engine data stream is Sattelite based. The aircraft makes contact with the Satellite first, then it sends the data stream. Once the Satellite begins receiving the data stream it beams the data stream to Boeing who monitors the aircrafts systems.

Here is where the problem comes in with the data stream real world theory. There was no data stream, in fact that aircraft never even made contact with the Satellite. The information gathered from the aircraft was gathered from the aircraft attempting to  make contact with the Satellite, and it was gathered AFTER the aircraft had vanished and and was no longer attempting to make contact.

So someone explain how they did that? And why China says they do not have that technology and are asking Washington to use it to find the aircraft?

"The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the situation by name, said the Boeing 777-200 wasn't transmitting data to the satellite, but was instead sending out a signal to establish contact."

No data stream. So how did they do it? Does it take 4 hours for a Boeing 777 system to make contact with the Satellite? They know the direction of travel, with no data stream and no contact with the Satellite. Must be pretty simple, so simple that the most populous and one of the most tech savvy nations on the planet does not know how they do it. 

EDIT: One thing, if China says they cant do it, Malaysia says it cant be done and the reports are wrong, India cant do it. But the US says "We did it". I doubt anyone here, including me, will be able to explain how to do it regardless of the level of technical expertise. Some are trying to say they triangulated the pings. But, others are saying no, they didnt. The pings wouuld have stopped before the aircraft vanished when the pings failed to make contact with the Sattellite, because Malayisa Air was not subscribed to Boeing's Satellite system, so wasn't set up to make contact with the Satellite anyway. 

Edited by TankerHC
If history is any indicator, in the first days, weeks and months after something like this happening there is a plethora of inaccurate information, misinformation, confusion, opportunistic finger pointing and general crackpots taking a small piece of info and misrepresenting it to fit their narrative. The real answers don't start to come out until much later once everyone has already settled into their preconceived notions of what happened and can't be swayed by any amount of facts or objective reason. Am I the only one that has noticed this pattern? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC

If history is any indicator, in the first days, weeks and months after something like this happening there is a plethora of inaccurate information, misinformation, confusion, opportunistic finger pointing and general crackpots taking a small piece of info and misrepresenting it to fit their narrative. The real answers don't start to come out until much later once everyone has already settled into their preconceived notions of what happened and can't be swayed by any amount of facts or objective reason. Am I the only one that has noticed this pattern? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a 777 full of people missing. Not exactly an every day event. 

If it crashed and they just cannot find it, then lots of hysteria and sideline quarterbacking which, even if there were not an internet, everyone would be doing on the phone and at the watercooler anyway. But if it actually was flown to an unknown location, this could get more interesting than a suspense film. I would be more interested to know who planned something like that and how they got away with it in this International terrorism climate when everyone is supposed to be watching everything.

I'm beginning to think more along the lines of this thing is deep in the bottom of the Ocean and they will eventually find it. 

Edited by TankerHC
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1124421" timestamp="1394780530"]There is a 777 full of people missing. Not exactly an every day event. [/quote] Neither are solar eclipses, but there is a long standing precedent. How many weeks was that giant ass 380 airbus missing? There are dozens of stories like that. Now factor in that this was operated by a third world country where indoor plumbing is a luxury. Geez, yah... how could they ever #### this up? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC

Neither are solar eclipses, but there is a long standing precedent. How many weeks was that giant ass 380 airbus missing? There are dozens of stories like that. Now factor in that this was operated by a third world country where indoor plumbing is a luxury. Geez, yah... how could they ever #### this up? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you use a single incident to make a point that this is not that uncommon? And by the way, Malaysia isnt a 3rd World Country, it is a developing Country with a growing economy and a major tourist industry. Completely different from 3rd World. 

Guest TankerHC

Well it is an airplane, so in reality I guess there can only be two possibilities. It landed or it crashed. I dont know what you Pilots here think, but on a water landing, last year I read interviews with airline pilots (Ten things your Pilots wont tell you). One of them was "There is no such thing as a water landing, it's called crashing into the Ocean". 

So based on that, there can be only two possibilities. Landed or crashed. I hope it landed somewhere. I have been watching those videos of those families, I dont care if some of them are Communists are whatever. I would hate to be in their situation, I have a kid who flies all over the world, watching and thinking about that, the press can be doing no service to these people with all of these reports and all of this false hope, at least until they find something. 

[quote name="TankerHC" post="1124424" timestamp="1394780979"]So you use a single incident to make a point that this is not that uncommon? And by the way, Malaysia isnt a 3rd World Country, it is a developing Country with a growing economy and a major tourist industry. Completely different from 3rd World. [/quote] Many third world countries have a tourist industry. That's the only way they generate income. That doesn't mean that they are developed. Look at the standard of living for the vast majority of the populous, their infrastructure and, in this case, a government incapable of coordinating something so basic as a press release that you have a public conflict between bureaucracies because they aren't sharing information. And I'm not saying this is common. You're trying to twist my words to fit your narrative. I was pointing out that this isn't unprecedented. Plenty of large aircraft have gone missing for long periods of time before they located the wreckage. Using the fact that they haven't located as proof of some vast, Tom Clancy conspiracy would mean you would have to apply the same to every aircraft that has been missing this long. So, for the French airbus that they failed to locate for TWO YEARS.... what were the popular conspiracy theories back then. You can let your imagination run wild and think you hear zebras in Wyoming, but without anything other than your imagination to fill the void, you're no different that someone saying this was an alien abduction or a rift in the time-space continuum. Me? I'm gonna go with unicorn theory. I think a flock of unicorns took them off course then led them into the ocean where the bodies of the passengers were feasted upon by the demonic, mythical creatures at their secret undersea bunker. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Two communication systems on board the missing plane may have been turned off separately according to reports from ABC News.

The first data reporting system appears to have shut down at 1.07 am (local time) on Saturday morning, 14 minutes before the transponder was turned off at 1.21am, according to reports.

The news organisation cited two officials with one quoted as saying that the U.S. "is convinced that there was manual intervention".
Guest TankerHC

Many third world countries have a tourist industry. That's the only way they generate income. That doesn't mean that they are developed. Look at the standard of living for the vast majority of the populous, their infrastructure and, in this case, a government incapable of coordinating something so basic as a press release that you have a public conflict between bureaucracies because they aren't sharing information. And I'm not saying this is common. You're trying to twist my words to fit your narrative. I was pointing out that this isn't unprecedented. Plenty of large aircraft have gone missing for long periods of time before they located the wreckage. Using the fact that they haven't located as proof of some vast, Tom Clancy conspiracy would mean you would have to apply the same to every aircraft that has been missing this long. So, for the French airbus that they failed to locate for TWO YEARS.... what were the popular conspiracy theories back then. You can let your imagination run wild and think you hear zebras in Wyoming, but without anything other than your imagination to fill the void, you're no different that someone saying this was an alien abduction or a rift in the time-space continuum. Me? I'm gonna go with unicorn theory. I think a flock of unicorns took them off course then led them into the ocean where the bodies of the passengers were feasted upon by the demonic, mythical creatures at their secret undersea bunker. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Malaysia is classified as a Developing Country, not the same as a third world country.

One thing I was listening to. The former Deputy Director of the TSA is not saying "Maybe", he is pretty matter of fact that there was a cockpit breach. Stating that, and he has now stated this on several news shows, that there was absolutely a Cockpit Breach, whether it was the Pilots, or a flight attendant letting someone in the Cockpit, there was definitely a breech because transponders do not just turn themselves off. Someone with Flight experience would have had to do that. According to him, someone with bad intentions took over that plane and whether they crashed it or landed it, we will find out when that plane is found that there was a breech, no two ways about it.

This guy is a former Deputy Director of the TSA, works in the Airline Industry in some form (High up). He stated that because of US reports on the aircraft. That is putting your credibility on the line to be so matter of fact. Everyone else is saying it absolutely was not terrorism, ruled out. So if the Former Deputy Director can make those claims, and if he is so sure it is true, then what was it, workplace violence? 

Edited by TankerHC

Malaysia is classified as a Developing Country, not the same as a third world country.

One thing I was listening to. The former Deputy Director of the TSA is not saying "Maybe", he is pretty matter of fact that there was a cockpit breach. Stating that, and he has now stated this on several news shows, that there was absolutely a Cockpit Breach, whether it was the Pilots, or a flight attendant letting someone in the Cockpit, there was definitely a breech because transponders do not just turn themselves off. Someone with Flight experience would have had to do that. According to him, someone with bad intentions took over that plane and whether they crashed it or landed it, we will find out when that plane is found that there was a breech, no two ways about it.

This guy is a former Deputy Director of the TSA, works in the Airline Industry in some form (High up). He stated that because of US reports on the aircraft. That is putting your credibility on the line to be so matter of fact. Everyone else is saying it absolutely was not terrorism, ruled out. So if the Former Deputy Director can make those claims, and if he is so sure it is true, then what was it, workplace violence? 

And who is the authority for what a "third-world" country is?  Is it the same authority that qualifies music as being art or just unintelligible noise?  The term is subjective to some degree.  Malaysia is a ####hole.  Is it as bad as Somalia?  No.  Is it as developed as Pakistan?  No.  This is part of the reason that when I'm coming back from crappy parts of the world I only fly US or UK carriers, even though the foreign carriers are normally a fraction of the cost.... there is a reason why.  Sure as hell wouldn't catch me on a Malaysian carrier.

And yes, while I would respect the opinion of someone in the airline security industry, such as a former director of the TSA, and make the assumption that they wouldn't put their credibility on the line and make unsubstantiated claims as fact unless those claims were actual fact, I've just seen too many of these experts paraded across the news in the past who turned out to be very wrong.

So no.  Once again, I don't hear zebras.  As I said before, every time; let me say again: EVERY TIME something like this happens we don't know all the facts until much, much later, so I don't see why people get so wrapped up in these little snippets of misinformation as they come out, then cling to them in order to whip up wacky stories.  Are you not aware that in order for 24 hour news to be successful they have to continue to put up more sensational nonsense than they did an hour ago?  Do ya see a conflict of interest there?

So, instead of getting all wrapped up in information coming from a thousand different sources, I'll just wait.  Besides, I know that even if they find every last piece of the wreckage tomorrow, along with all the bodies, there has been enough blowhard nonsense spread around the interwebz that 1/4 of people will never believe it was anything other than some vast conspiracy and the plane and its passengers are at some secret military base "just like on 9/11".  Boy, do I get the tingles when people prove new, rediculous conspiracy theories with old, rediculous conspiracy theories.

Edited by TMF
  • Like 1
Guest TankerHC

This is beginning to seem like watching a Spy Game between Governments, except in public.

First, no one knows what happened. A plane just vanishes.

Then China says Malaysia knows what happened. Then Malaysia says no they do not. Then China makes, what I read on Xinhua, what is clearly a veiled threat. The Chinese are very, very unhappy with Malaysia, they don't want to start throwing out conspiracy theories but they are getting three different stories from the military, Government and Airline Industry. The Chinese like going to Malaysia, they are a large part of the Malaysian economy, China says they wouldn't want their people to stop going to Malaysia on vacation, but they would like the different stories to stop.

Then an article on Defense Tech. The US Government does not need a data stream to track anyone or anything, all they need is "Unique Identifiers" which they pull while piggybacking off the original data streams. Once they have these identifiers, they no longer need a data stream to track. And anyone who thinks they dont have that data off of every airliner flying after 9/11 should probably think again.

Then I suspect there were a lot of questions and comments just like above concerning the required data stream. I would suspect that because the US said they had that information and how else could they get that information without data coming through? AFTER the plane vanished. Malaysia says it is not possible, it was not possible and those reports are wrong because Malaysia Airlines does not subscribe to Boeings data plans for system monitoring.

The US says, yes we do. China asks the US to use that technology to help find the Aircraft.

Then later, an unnamed source for the US tells AP that there was no data stream. They didn't need it, the information was retrieved because the aircraft systems were attempting to make contact with the Satellite. Speculation, they triangulated through the pings. More speculation, no they didn't, they couldnt have, the plane would not have pinged the Satellite for four hours, it would have shut off after it could not make contact, and it could not have made contact because Malaysia Airlines was not a Boeing subscriber.

Then you have the Deputy Director of the TSA saying absolutely, we will see that there was a breech and either the pilots turned off the transponders, or the attendants let someone in the cockpit with flight experience who turned off the transponders, absolutely. But Malaysia says it was not terrorism and ruled terrorism out, but China says terrorism was not ruled out.  

But what is it we are not watching? Russia and the Ukraine! (Sorry, had to put my hat on and raise my antennas for a second) But there is one legitimate thing I had not heard before that one of you Pilots might talk about. An Aviation Attorney and Pilot was asked his opinion. In his opinion everything is leading him to believe catastrophic structural failure, or, and he says not likely, but they also could have experienced a total electrical failure but that is something extremely rare. 

But this guy may have proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt, Aliens. Confirmed. And he used Flight Tracker to do it. (In all seriousness and asking you Pilots, again, this Aircraft that goes flying off to the right at an "apparent" super high rate of speed, couldnt that simply be a High Performance Military Aircraft? EDIT: Explained, clearly marked Korean Flight 672, the round "Alien Craft" and supersonic speed was a glitch in the system. 

http://youtu.be/5JpbZZKqxy0

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

And who is the authority for what a "third-world" country?  Is it the same authority that qualifies music as being art or just unintellible noise?  The term is subjective to some degree.  Malaysia is a ####hole.  Is it as bad as Somalia?  No.  Is it as developed as Pakistan?  No.  This is part of the reason that when I'm coming back from crappy parts of the world I only fly US or UK carriers, even though the foreign carriers are normally a fraction of the cost.... there is a reason why.  Sure as hell wouldn't catch me on a Malaysian carrier.

And yes, while I would respect the opinion of someone in the airline security industry, such as a former director of the TSA, and make the assumption that they wouldn't put their credibility on the line and make unsubstantiated claims as fact unless those claims were actual fact, I've just seen too many of these experts paraded across the news in the past who turned out to be very wrong.

So no.  Once again, I don't hear zebras.  As I said before, every time; let me say again: EVERY TIME something like this happens we don't know all the facts until much, much later, so I don't see why people get so wrapped up in these little snippets of misinformation as they come out, then cling to them in order to whip up wacky stories.  Are you not aware that in order for 24 hour news to be successful that have to continue to put up more sensational nonsense than they did an hour ago?  Do ya see a conflict of interest there?

So, instead of getting all wrapped up in information coming from a thousand different sources, I'll just wait.  Besides, I know that even if they find every last piece of the wreckage tomorrow, along with all the bodies, there has been enough blowhard nonsense spread around the interwebz that 1/4 of people will never believe it was anything other than some vast conspiracy and the plane and its passengers are at some secret military base "just like on 9/11".  Boy, do I get the tingles when people prove new, rediculous conspiracy theories with old, rediculous conspiracy theories.

The authority would be the UN, who coined the term and classifies countries under 4 different classifications. Malaysia is classified as developing. Liberai is 3rd World. 

Yeah, I'll just wait for the facts.  The only thing I see here are opinions, "unnamed" sources, unverifiable sources, self appointed experts who are trying to interpret information they don't understand... Yeah, I'll wait for the facts, thanks.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Some interesting (Whacked out) theories.

From Reddit user Dark_Spectre (With a name like Dark_Spectre, he has to have an inside track)

“So we have the American IBM Technical Storage Executive for Malaysia, a man working in mass storage aggregation for the company implicated by the Snowden papers for providing their services to assist the National Security Agency in surveilling the Chinese.. And now this bunch of US chip guys working for a global leader in embedded processing solutions (embedded smart phone tech and defense contracting) all together..on a plane..And disappeared.. Coincidence??”

Dark_Spectre goes as far as to suggest those chip experts may have been kidnapped by Chinese or American authorities: 

"Perhaps a little fast and furious dive under the radar to a flat water landing to rendezvous with a Chinese ship or sub for transport to a black-site for advanced interrogation, scuttling the plane along with the remaining passengers.(any oceanic trenches in fuel capacity distance?) What would 200 lives be to the Chinese intelligence community for the chance to find out ‘exactly’ the depth and scope of our intrusion.”

Yeah, because that would definitely be the easiest way of doing that.

“US intelligence got late wind that their flying brain-trust of 21 were going to be arrested/detained and interrogated upon landing in China and the US intelligence community deemed the risk too great to their Asian based espionage programs and took appropriate action to "sanitize" the plane in flight.”

So far, there is no evidence of an explosion.

Another one. It was the Illuminta (Man that Illuminati gets into everything) based on the number 404. One individual came across a website that said "Error: 404 not found" then when he looked up the flight on wiki, it turns out that the missing 777 was the 404th 777 produced. How eery is that?

It was a Black Hole, Angela Stalcup (Hey she said it publicly and is in the news), stated that the reason it is missing is because there was a hydrogen bomb on board detonated through a cell phone, creating a black hole which vaporized the aircraft. 

I suppose all of those theories are as good as anyone else's until it is found. 

Guest TankerHC

Yeah, I'll just wait for the facts.  The only thing I see here are opinions, "unnamed" sources, unverifiable sources, self appointed experts who are trying to interpret information they don't understand... Yeah, I'll wait for the facts, thanks.

I agree completely. One thing I was looking at though. There has only been one Aircraft that has ever been lost with a large number of people on board that has never been found, and this was from an old site put up long before this lost plane. It was a military charter flight on Flying Tiger Airlines Flight 739 with 91 soldiers on board who disappeared between Guam and the Philippines, no signals and no wreckage were ever found. One report from a fishing boat of a flash in the sky, military said disposition of the flight was undetermined.

Plenty of missing flight, but ZERO with this amount of people on board, plenty that took a week to two weeks. 

Guest TankerHC

One thing, all but the hidden source who LATER came out and said that the US did not use a data stream are identified, they are all over the news and on the tech sites. But until they find that plane, your, mine and the guy who blamed it on the Illuminati and the Error: 404 not found website are equal to CNN's. the plane has not been found, so all they have is speculation and guessing. They do not know any more than anyone on this board. 

I can’t buy the “stolen” scenario. Too much technology involved, too many people would be required to keep their mouths shut, flying below radar with no citizens reports, killing 239 people; nope.

Short of an explosion I can’t imagine any mechanical failure that would cause the plane to crash without an opportunity for someone to broadcast a message.

I think it exploded at altitude (35K feet) and the debris is all over the ocean or a remote part of South Vietnam and just hasn’t been found yet.

The purpose of terrorism is to cause terror. A plane missing only cause’s terror in the families of those on-board; not the general public. I would think terrorists would have claimed responsibility of taking out a large passenger jet even before it was discovered missing.
  • Like 1
Ok guys wheels ain't up yet I'm on a plane that looks like a whale. Yeah really so my previous offer and request still stands. If anything happens look for shamu and ps the crew isn't taking any transponder jokes, lightly,taboo totally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.