Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

Cancer rates for pilots is high, very high.  I have had LOTS of precancerous junk removed to the tune of about a pound of flesh.  I get checked only once a year now.  I was every 6 months there for a while.    When I was a kid I never wore a shirt or long pants unless I absolutely had to. I grew up in the desert SW and it was warm enough most of the year to get away with it.  My doc told me that is where a lot of my precancerous junk came from.

No radiation testing per se.

Edited by TerryW
I have no personal knowledge of the technology involved but I refuse to believe that no one (No country) was tracking that plane and knows when and where it went down. Obviously if it was the U.S. they aren’t going to say. But you would think North Korea or China would step up. That plane didn’t blow up at 35K feet or drop like a rock without someone noticing.

Now just where did I put that tin foil hat.....
Guest TankerHC

How come no one has mentioned it may have been hijacked? Last year there was an article about some African country having a brand new Airliner stolen,  I think it was Ethiopia, I remember posting "How can Ethiopia afford brand new 787's? I recall when that plane was stolen, it was seen going down the runway and they couldnt track it, it just vanished and they are still looking for it, or were a few months ago.  

Too many mixed up reports coming outof Malaysia, some saying they found it, the oil slick, pieces floating, others that they havent. 

Edited by TankerHC
  • Moderators
[quote name="TankerHC" post="1122871" timestamp="1394491295"]How come no one has mentioned it may have been hijacked? Last year there was an article about some African country having a brand new Airliner stolen, I think it was Ethiopia, I remember posting "How can Ethiopia afford brand new 787's? I recall when that plane was stolen, it was seen going down the runway and they couldnt track it, it just vanished and they are still looking for it, or were a few months ago. [/quote] That was my first thought...that it had been hijacked and redirected to an alternate location. Probably would have heard about it though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come no one has mentioned it may have been hijacked? Last year there was an article about some African country having a brand new Airliner stolen,

Why? There are a lot of easier ways to steal a plane than with 239 people on-board. They may have hijacked it and killed everyone including themselves. Still seems like some type of message would have got out. This plane could not have landed at an airport.
Guest TankerHC

Why? There are a lot of easier ways to steal a plane than with 239 people on-board. They may have hijacked it and killed everyone including themselves. Still seems like some type of message would have got out. This plane could not have landed at an airport.

There are countries favorable to terrorists who would allow a plane to land and say nothing until ready, it has happened before in Hijackings. However unlikely it seems to be in this case. 

There are countries favorable to terrorists who would allow a plane to land and say nothing until ready, it has happened before in Hijackings. However unlikely it seems to be in this case.

I hope you are right. But putting over 200 people on the ground at another airport with no electronic contact and no one reporting any visual…. That’s the stuff movies are made of.

I have no personal knowledge of the technology involved but I refuse to believe that no one (No country) was tracking that plane and knows when and where it went down. Obviously if it was the U.S. they aren’t going to say. But you would think North Korea or China would step up. That plane didn’t blow up at 35K feet or drop like a rock without someone noticing.

Now just where did I put that tin foil hat.....

Dave I know it's hard to believe. Don't equate what they do in other countries to the US air traffic system, regulatory agencies, pilot training, radio communication, aircraft maintenance, etc. I have a friend that flew a Russian airline, in Russia about 10 years ago that allowed standing during all phases of flight. YIKES...

(I got lost here in the middle.....)

I think one possibility might be fire.  If there is a fire on board, they were screwed. Fire is bad, bad and real bad.  You would have your hands full fighting a fire and flying an airplane. 

IDK

Edited by TerryW
Guest TankerHC
Some crazy stuff coming out. Malaysia saying they have no idea where the plane is and the whole thing is a mystery. Vietnam says they MAY have found a door. Aviation experts saying it is possible the door blew off and the plane disintegrated. Interpol saying the individual's who illegally boarded are on CCTV from the airport but no one will ID nationality. Wonder why?. France getting blasted because they knew the passports were stolen, they put the passports in their database but no one else knew.

Where was the NSA in all of this.....oh yea. ..checking you're tweets.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Guest TankerHC

I hope you are right. But putting over 200 people on the ground at another airport with no electronic contact and no one reporting any visual…. That’s the stuff movies are made of.

You mean like Raid on Entebbe? 

This entire thing is beyond strange. It's pretty obvious something sudden and catastrophic happened or the pilot would have been on the radio.

On Hannity they said there are only 3 possible scenarios

1)sudden mechanical error

2)pilot intentionally crashed plane

3)the plane was shot down/or blown up with a bomb 

• Like 1

This entire thing is beyond strange. It's pretty obvious something sudden and catastrophic happened or the pilot would have been on the radio.

On Hannity they said there are only 3 possible scenarios

1)sudden mechanical error

2)pilot intentionally crashed plane

3)the plane was shot down/or blown up with a bomb 

I like that except I would say  1)sudden mechanical failure     Errors, if trapped aren't that big a deal.

Could this be a inverted Bermuda Triangle?  Meaning take the Bermuda Triangle SE of Florida, is this the same location on the other side of the Earth?  :panic:

There is a pacific triangle some say.  It has very similar claims in the pacific as the Bermuda Triangle.  However, I don't put much stock in those things any more.  As a kid, yes I was fascinated by them.

Also Malaysia or the flight  does not appear to be in it.

But the more you search, people seem to make triangles any place a plane has ever been lost.

Edited by vontar

A device that would give you the exact location of all their aircraft in the entire fleet would weigh less than 2 pounds and cost less than $500 annually. Yes, I agree that this is a rare enough event that it wouldn't seem like such a concern, but when it happens it is catastrophic, and for an airline to argue about industry standards when this is something that remote backpackers normally hump is just silly.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clearly you've never dealt with the FAA. Something that costs normal people $500 would cost $10,000 and require $2000 in annual maintenance by the time they were done with it.
  • Like 4

Good article.  The part about cell phones about to be approved for use inflight in Europe, I hope that doesn't happen here.  I really don't want to listen to someone 18 rows away talk on their phone.........

• Like 1

Good article.  The part about cell phones about to be approved for use inflight in Europe, I hope that doesn't happen here.  I really don't want to listen to someone 18 rows away talk on their phone.........

Amen! Being cooped up in an aircraft is bad enough. Toss in a few hundred buttheads on the phone, no thanks.

http://www.jpost.com/International/Two-passengers-with-stolen-passports-on-Malaysian-Airlines-flight-traced-to-Iranian-buyer-344930

The tickets of the two men traveling with fake passports on Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370 were purchased by an Iranian man in Tehran, according to a report by The Financial Times on Monday.

Yeah, but he was upfront about it, and has regularly done that through that travel agency, so we'll see.

- OS

Yeah, but he was upfront about it, and has regularly done that through that travel agency, so we'll see.

- OS

Posted before reading completely and saw that it was already discussed, hence the edit.

Edited by kieefer
Guest TankerHC

- OS

Practice runs?

I’m a technology junkie; I find it hard to believe a 777 airliner dropped from over 35K feet and that location and time is not documented somewhere.
If this is true; they aren’t even searching anywhere near the right place.

This ^, and a 2hour window of opportunity to determine a location.

IF this was the doings of a terrorist group, wouldn't they have been claiming responsibility by now? 

They/MSM may be able to keep some on the details from the public but this late into it without any more info seems odd by todays standards.