CCI Blazer Brick - $36 Delivered

I have several times when I've ordered. If it showed in stock.

However a couple of years ago Cabelas ran a big ammo sale. I made a major purchase of 22 at that time because the prices were really good. I'm the kind of guy that buys a 48 pak of toilet paper if it's a deal. So I'm not really looking for 22 much.

Edited by Raoul
[quote name="Raoul" post="1125054" timestamp="1394913703"]I have several times when I've ordered. If it showed in stock.[/quote] This is the key. If Cabelas' site will allow you to search for and find the product on your own, and it shows in stock and you check out before it sells out, then your order will almost certainly be filled and shipped. But if you are using a special link provided by someone else that has a shopping cart code imbedded in it, and the product doesn't otherwise show up in stock on their website, then your order will almost certainly be canceled. The confusion certainly comes in when the first few dozen / hundreds of people initially get the link and purchase while the item really is still in stock, and they do receive their items. But then later the links are posted on forums and emails, and thousands of people order expecting to get ammo, but instead get their orders canceled. Cabelas needs to fix the bug on their website so it does not allow you to complete the checkout process when the item is sold out, and ideally fix it so that the item never shows in stock when it's not, regardless of what link to you use.

UPDATE: My Order Shipped via UPS

:-)

Apparently the link works.... All I did was click the link located in the S&W forum.... it added all sorts of .22lr... I ignored it and went to checkout...only item remaining was the blazer for $36.94 shipped... yeah its on the high side .... but this same brick brings $65-70 on gunbroker so its way better than that

Edited by mcordell

UPDATE: My Order Shipped via UPS

:-)

Apparently the link works.... All I did was click the link located in the S&W forum.... it added all sorts of .22lr... I ignored it and went to checkout...only item remaining was the blazer for $36.94 shipped... yeah its on the high side .... but this same brick brings $65-70 on gunbroker so its way better than that

I was just successfully able to process an order for a brick and received an email confirmation of my order.  I'll see if I get a shipped confirmation.  https://www.cabelas.com/checkout/del...d1a0159abd05f2

Please keep us up to date if you guys get shipping confirmations. Cabelas .com shows no 22lr instock

Edited by crossfire
Guest devline

Please keep us up to date if you guys get shipping confirmations. Cabelas .com shows no 22lr instock

Crossfire - Did you use the link that I posted?  Every time I click on it, I get a new webpage with a shopping cart with 1 Blazer brick, showing In Stock, and i can click "checkout".  

Just so we're all on the same page...are ya'lll saying that taking advantage of a backdoor hack into an online retailer's system for 22 long rifle ammunition actually results in bewlitts showing up at your front door?  If so, then they must have an unlimited inventory and just don't ever post it for everyone else to buy. 

Crossfire - Did you use the link that I posted?  Every time I click on it, I get a new webpage with a shopping cart with 1 Blazer brick, showing In Stock, and i can click "checkout".  

I'm not saying your wrong. Just asking if you got a shipping confirmation by email.

Guest devline

I'm not saying your wrong. Just asking if you got a shipping confirmation by email.

No shipping confirmation yet. I wouldn't expect I'd see it until Monday at the earliest.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually ships and arrives at my door.  If it doesn't, I'm not going to be heartbroken.  Were you able to move through the order process and complete an order?

No shipping confirmation yet. I wouldn't expect I'd see it until Monday at the earliest.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if it actually ships and arrives at my door.  If it doesn't, I'm not going to be heartbroken.  Were you able to move through the order process and complete an order?

No I haven't tried to order from that link.

I have gone to http://www.cabelas.com/ 5 minutes ago and they have no 22lr listed.

I hope you get your order. Keep us up to date.

Edited by crossfire
I ordered a brick from Cabelas a few days ago via a similar link found on SLICKDEALS.NET but the last 4 times I did that the orders were always canceled and refunded within a week for reason "sold out". I still say you won't get any 22 via these special links unless it was also visible in stock via their normal site search and browse functions at the time of your order. But if I do get a brick this time, I am going to do something fun with it that will benefit our TGO members. Keeping my fingers crossed... :D
I have been going back and forth in a very interesting email chain with their website tech. I hope I get the hack links shut down. That's complete BS. At least give us people who work and not learn every angle a break. They were honest and a bit shocked that their cart had as many bugs as it did.

I have been going back and forth in a very interesting email chain with their website tech. I hope I get the hack links shut down. That's complete BS. At least give us people who work and not learn every angle a break. They were honest and a bit shocked that their cart had as many bugs as it did.

That'll make you a few enemies I bet.

[quote name="Raoul" post="1125561" timestamp="1395006658"]That'll make you a few enemies I bet.[/quote]It's a good thing. The bug in their website did not magically manufacture more 22 ammo, it only allowed you to see it as in stock and pay for it, even after it was out of stock. Yes, a few people will say "it worked for me and I got my ammo" but those were the lucky few that ordered quick enough while the ammo was really still in stock. If you want to be sure, just search for the ammo on their site the normal way, if it doesn't show up then they are sold out.
  • Like 1

It's a good thing. The bug in their website did not magically manufacture more 22 ammo, it only allowed you to see it as in stock and pay for it, even after it was out of stock. Yes, a few people will say "it worked for me and I got my ammo" but those were the lucky few that ordered quick enough while the ammo was really still in stock. If you want to be sure, just search for the ammo on their site the normal way, if it doesn't show up then they are sold out.

:up: THIS :up:

That's really not my experience with the Cabelas site. I buy from Cabelas frequently and always check the ammo. It's a habit. I never see any 22. When I saw the link on here for that CCI it didn't show up on the website when I went there in the normal way.

It's entirely possible you just screwed the pooch. Time will tell.

I think Cabelas has other problems with their site showing in-stock items.

I can tell you for sure when I purchased a brick of blazer it showed out of stock on the cabelas webpage .... And I already have my UPS tracking info ... I will agree its hard to get any .22 from cabelas when people are buying it all up with this back door method