AR and AK pistols

gregintenn

I have seen an explosion of these things lately. I see no legitimate use for them. I'm not promoting the banning of them or anything like that. I expect this thread will ruffle a few feathers, but I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to why they are desirable.

They piss off liberals.   And this is the kind of thinking that leads to stuff getting ban.

Something I've wondered and never asked....

Does the $200 tax stamp give the BATF permission to come inspect anytime they desire?

Theoretically they can come to the address listed at any time to verify that the weapon is there.  However, I've had an open challenge going out for about 7 years now asking if any NFA stamp holder had ever had that happen, and nobody has reported it happening yet.

The bottom line is, if the BATF wants to come in and look at your stuff, they aren't going to care if it's legal or not.  :2cents:

They piss off liberals.   And this is the kind of thinking that leads to stuff getting ban.

Perhaps I worded it wrong. I'm more than happy with you guys  having them, or anything else gun related for that matter. I was simply wondering what I was missing by not having one or both.

They may not have a legitimate military or police
use, since you didn't define legitimate, but I find
them to be compact, accurate enough and
portable enough to serve many legitimate and
useful purposes.

I meant a legitimate use for me. I'm certain others have found many uses for them; several listed in this thread. I struggle to shoot a handgun well. If it doesn't carry easily on a belt, I would prefer to have a rifle.