SEE ALL open sight. Anyone seen or tried one yet?

I like it. I would like to know how it works in low light conditions.

Well, I just unboxed mine... First impression is that it's very light and simple. An machined aluminum block with various plastic bits in the channel, and two set screws to lock onto a rail. I can hold it up and see the reticle easily in good light, it is fuzzy if you focus on it, but becomes clearer when focusing on a distant target over it. Outside, it shows up very well, and inside with average lighting it shows up decent. In a darkened room, I can still make out the reticle as long as any ambient light is behind me. The reticle disappears when pointed near a light source.

I mounted it on my Benelli M4 and found that it was a bit too high for good pointing, and was unnatural to use overall.

I mounted it on my AR15 and it is much too low (a riser would fix this). I will reserve further judgment until I shoot with it, I just want to do one more thing first... Drop it on the floor and see what happens...

It survived a 4ft drop onto hardwood, nothing came off and nothing appears loose or nonfunctional.

I'm going to do it again...

6ft drop this time, still intact.

So far my only concern is the way it mounts... Just a fixed rail channel and set-screws (which do mar the rail a bit).

I'll let you know how it shoots, and try to get some pictures or a video this weekend.
  • Like 1

I like it. I would like to know how it works in low light conditions.

One more thing... In low light it barely shows up (which is understandable since it has no illumination) but when I was in the darkish room and activated my weaponlight on the shotgun, I couldn't see the reticle at all. So, terrible 'tactical' optic... This is 100% an outdoor target shooting sight, in my opinion.
  • Like 2

Those of you that get them in please share all you can, I'd really be interested in putting this on the 870

Based on my experience just now, dry clearing my house with no lights on, this sight would be a terrible choice on a home-defense weapon... IMHO.
[quote name="molonlabetn" post="1142378" timestamp="1398378183"]Based on my experience just now, dry clearing my house with no lights on, this sight would be a terrible choice on a home-defense weapon... IMHO.[/quote] Sorry...I didn't mean to mislead. I don't use my 870 for home defense. It's more birds, clays, and water jugs lol. I've been looking at the micro dots, this just seems like a possible better option

Sorry...I didn't mean to mislead. I don't use my 870 for home defense. It's more birds, clays, and water jugs lol. I've been looking at the micro dots, this just seems like a possible better option

Oh, that was an incorrect assumption on my part... Outdoor shooting would be great with this sight, only thing is for skeet, etc, sighting instead of point shooting may actually slow you down... Plus it will sit higher than you can see with a proper cheek weld. My guess is this was meant for pistols, the relief through the lens has a sweet spot at arms length.
[quote name="molonlabetn" post="1142391" timestamp="1398380784"]Oh, that was an incorrect assumption on my part... Outdoor shooting would be great with this sight, only thing is for skeet, etc, sighting instead of point shooting may actually slow you down... Plus it will sit higher than you can see with a proper cheek weld. My guess is this was meant for pistols, the relief through the lens has a sweet spot at arms length.[/quote] Got ya, I see your point. With my raised comb Magpul stock I wouldn't worry as much about the cheek weld, but I'd say you're right on about it slowing you down on skeet and such. Well, there goes that. I wish it had different mounting options, it might be fun to mount to a range pistol. Edited by KKing

Got ya, I see your point. With my raised comb Magpul stock I wouldn't worry as much about the cheek weld, but I'd say you're right on about it slowing you down on skeet and such. Well, there goes that. I wish it had different mounting options, it might be fun to mount to a range pistol.

For skeet and trap it would be awful.  Those are different style then shooting at jugs and things not moving.  Not saying you couldn't do it, but it wouldn't help.

Based on my experience just now, dry clearing my house with no lights on, this sight would be a terrible choice on a home-defense weapon... IMHO.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm figuring these are like super iron sights and if I can't see iron sights I wouldn't see these. I also figure if I can't see iron sights I can't see the target so I don't really have a problem with that aspect. I'm also assuming that if I'm clearing the house with a flashlight, I'm point shooting anyway so it's a mute point IMO.

I guess they could insert a tritium vial like on the TFO's on future models and it would light up for those low light scenario's.

Either way since I have never shot in total darkness, don't plan to, and am a huge fan of FO, I think I will like this for my M92.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm figuring these are like super iron sights and if I can't see iron sights I wouldn't see these. I also figure if I can't see iron sights I can't see the target so I don't really have a problem with that aspect. I'm also assuming that if I'm clearing the house with a flashlight, I'm point shooting anyway so it's a mute point IMO.

I guess they could insert a tritium vial like on the TFO's on future models and it would light up for those low light scenario's.

Either way since I have never shot in total darkness, don't plan to, and am a huge fan of FO, I think I will like this for my M92.

Sort of... The problem is, if I'm in the dark with open sights, even without night sights, I can catch the silhouette of the posts when backlit by a small amount of ambient light, or if I turn on my weapon light... With the Seeall, the reticle disappears anytime the light in front of the gun is greater than ambient, which occurs anytime a weapon light is used or the target is backlit.
By way of an update... I got to inspecting the sight and realized that the reason why the reticle disappears when a light source is downrange, especially in low light, is because the front portion of the translucent light block is covered with black plastic... So I pulled my pocketknife out and cut off the top few mm of the black plastic liner, voila full light transmission regardless the source, even in low light... They should come this way from the factory.
Now that you opened up the front and it's usable in low light with weapon-mounted illumination....

Is it still usable in daylight? Or is it too bright?

Honestly, I'm I'm intrigued by this sight and want to get one. Just want to make sure it's usable in different light situations.
It will never be too bright. The translucent block doesn't collect much light... No more than a fiber optic front sight anyways. In low light, unless you have transitioned from an area with more light and your eye maintained tracking on the reticle, it is unlikely you will pick it up again faster than you could effectively point-shoot, at room distances.
We'll got mine and I really like it. Mine did not have the "See All" in the optic view. Just the triangle and line. Unfortunately, the way the mount works by sliding into the rail won't work with my m92 since the rail is blocked on the ends. So, if someone wants to try it out let me know as I don't have anything to put it on. Otherwise, I think it would be a great light weight optic.

We'll got mine and I really like it. Mine did not have the "See All" in the optic view. Just the triangle and line. Unfortunately, the way the mount works by sliding into the rail won't work with my m92 since the rail is blocked on the ends. So, if someone wants to try it out let me know as I don't have anything to put it on. Otherwise, I think it would be a great light weight optic.

Mind if I were to try it on my ar for a little while and mail it back?  Maybe the Uzi as well?

(Or buy it, whatever you're wanting to do with it.)

Edited by gjohnsoniv