Downtown Memphis - where to eat?

I always look forward to a good meal when I travel.  This week, I'll be in downtown Memphis for a couple days.  So, where should I eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?  I would like to keep it downtown.

Off the top of my head, I've already tried:

Rendezvous

McEwen's Kitchen

The Majestic Theater

Flight

Aldo's Pizza

Westy's

a Thai place

any suggestions?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kooky canuck is pretty decent for what it is...a burger joint...they have some pretty big burgers you might be ineterested in...also check out texas de brazil...pearl's oyster house is ok sometimes...if you like apple cobbler check out blues city cafe of 2nd &beale...they have some in a skillet with cinnamon sauce and ice cream...
Just some suggestions, some already mentioned: Cozy Corner BBQ ( BBQ bologna sandwich) The Arcade ( sweet potato pancakes) Gus's world famous chicken Dyers Hamburgers (milk shake and a burger) Pearls Oyster Bar Itta Bena (above BB Kings on Beale reservations required) Texas de Brazil Bogies Delicatessen Flying Fish Bardog Tavern
  • Moderators
[quote name="MphsTiger1981" post="1152619" timestamp="1401230547"]Just some suggestions, some already mentioned:Cozy Corner BBQ ( BBQ bologna sandwich)The Arcade ( sweet potato pancakes)Gus's world famous chicken Dyers Hamburgers (milk shake and a burger)Pearls Oyster BarItta Bena (above BB Kings on Beale reservations required)Texas de BrazilBogies Delicatessen Flying FishBardog Tavern[/quote] This is a pretty good list to go by. I can't think of anything else to add to it other than to say that Gus's is a must. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by Chucktshoes
[quote name="McGarrett" post="1152637" timestamp="1401232968"]Blues City Cafe was really good, watch out for the gunbuster on the door though.[/quote] Yeah, just in case you didn't know, Beale Street is a big tourist area, and considered part of the "entertainment district" and no guns are allowed on Beale. (At least not the places you want to go, the other part of Beale should have a sign saying you are not allowed without one.) they take this pretty seriously and often use metal detectors at different entrances to the area during high traffic events. The MPD does have a very visual presence and they do a good job. Just don't tarry on the way back to your car or hotel... Sorry to hijack the thread.