RRA lar-9

Sam1

anyone have one of these?  have been procrastinating on getting something like this and starting to convulse since there's been no new babies in the house for about 6 months now.

Or if you all have another suggestion, has to be a 9mm or .45 and I don't want to piece one together, want to buy the entire thing.  Not too worried about cost as long as the expense is justified. 

Seen another one from some company named "just right" but have never even heard of that company before so not sure what the story is behind their stuff.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Just Right carbine are okay. They use Glock 17 mags. 

I have a pieced together 9mm AR. I like it. My brother has the Rock River 9mm AR that is based on the Colt system. It's a very good AR.  Mine is an Olympic style rifle. I like it a lot.

Going to get a DDLES lower once the new company gets up and running now that Jon Beaudry is out of the picture.

[quote name="50 cal" post="1159804" timestamp="1403021805"] Going to get a DDLES lower once the new company gets up and running now that Jon Beaudry is out of the picture.[/quote] Interesting to hear. I was under the impression that they were just closing down. If it's true, it's the best news I've heard today. Do you have a source? (Not that I don't believe you)

I had an LAR-9 for a while. 

Had about 6 different magazines.

Ran around 200-300 rounds through it. Never got a full mag to cycle. 

I polished the bolt, and everything else I could think of.  Was really disappointing. Gun was very accurate and fun to shoot, but on the heavy side. 

• Admin Team
I'd love to know some more about DDLES's status. Anybody got the story there?

Edit: nevermind I caught up on the drama over at ARFCOM. I guess everyone I know who ordered in the last year just got lucky.

What a shame.

Interesting to hear. I was under the impression that they were just closing down. If it's true, it's the best news I've heard today. Do you have a source? (Not that I don't believe you)

The new company is supposedly going to be called Blue Falcon Armory. 

The long story has been hashed out on Arfcom in the .22 and AR pistol caliber forum there.

A user named tusconconnection has the whole story and has helped a bunch of people get lowers or money refunded. He also knows the people behind the new company that bought all the CAD drawings and machining fixtures from Jon Beaudry.

[quote name="50 cal" post="1160072" timestamp="1403094496"]The new company is supposedly going to be called Blue Falcon Armory. The long story has been hashed out on Arfcom in the .22 and AR pistol caliber forum there. A user named tusconconnection has the whole story and has helped a bunch of people get lowers or money refunded. He also knows the people behind the new company that bought all the CAD drawings and machining fixtures from Jon Beaudry.[/quote] Thank you sir, MacGyver was kind enough to link the thread over on ARFCOM for me. I wish the new company the best of luck. I need one of the Glock lowers! Edited by KKing

I have a 9mm AR built on a company's upper that is long gone. It is a Colt based gun and we have over 9K rounds through it now. It is the one gun that almost always gets shot when we hit the range. I will say I did ramp the bolt myself but other than that it has not been touched. And I recently cleaned it for the 4th time since we have had it. And because it is a blowback gun it is a lot more reliable than most other guns.

I will say that the Colt based guns can get finicky with certain types of hollow points but with FMJ mine has been 100% reliable. It is our home defense gun.

Jeez, SIG...get the MPX to market!

The only gun I'm really wanting right now is a reliable AR-based 9mm.  Apparently, this is a tall order.

I'd like to buy the MPX pistol, apply for a tax stamp, and then get the stock for it.  That way, I can shoot it while I'm waiting for my paperwork to get back.

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/videos/7235909-SIG-MPX-Pistol

[quote name="TN-popo" post="1160470" timestamp="1403196453"]Jeez, SIG...get the MPX to market! The only gun I'm really wanting right now is a reliable AR-based 9mm. Apparently, this is a tall order. I'd like to buy the MPX pistol, apply for a tax stamp, and then get the stock for it. That way, I can shoot it while I'm waiting for my paperwork to get back. [url="http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/videos/7235909-SIG-MPX-Pistol"]http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/videos/7235909-SIG-MPX-Pistol[/url][/quote] If I'm not mistaken they had ATF problems with one of the models. They were basically using suppressor baffles pinned on to make the barrel legal length and calling it a "flash hider". Think the ATF said no sir. Not sure why the other models aren't being produced/released though Side note, you know you can use the SB15 brace and shoulder it like he shows at the end of the video right? I mean, I realize some will SBR no matter what, just wanted to make sure you knew Edited by KKing

I have the RRA Lar9 and it has functioned great, no problems. My wife loves it and can shoot and knock over 6 bowing pins in a row hitting the top of each pin using the red dot reflex sight I have mounted on it. Mags are about $32 a piece but Outpost Armory cares them.I have the Ar and about 4 mags. Makes a great house/farm gun especially when you have several 9mm semi-auto pistols.

Edited by lshel

These are the magazines you want to have:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCPAR9&name=C+Products+9mm+Colt+Style+Stainless+Steel+32rd+Mag&groupid=14

$11 each and are all stainless steel. I tried all kinds of other magazines and once I started using these magazines any malfunctions went away.

Wow. That's a smoking good price! Any where else, the 32 rd mags run around $18 or so. I need to get a few for when my DDLES lower gets here. Thought it was going to be a Glock lower but turns out the guy had a Colt style lower.

These are the magazines you want to have:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCPAR9&name=C+Products+9mm+Colt+Style+Stainless+Steel+32rd+Mag&groupid=14

$11 each and are all stainless steel. I tried all kinds of other magazines and once I started using these magazines any malfunctions went away.

That's a great deal... and good news.  I know C-Products mags can be kinda "hit or miss".  Glad to hear that their 9mm AR mags are GTG.