What does your username mean?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hornet Handler
A weird story, but back when TGO was just getting started, I had this weird dream and in it there was a wrecker service with your username called Hornet Handler's Wrecker Service :mad:

We could start a repo business with it. :usa:

Well, let me see, the story behind my screen name.

Um I am a huge fan of the New Orleans Saints and my name is Brian.

Yup, saintsfanbrian it became. Like Len, I believe if you are going to post something, you should own up to it. For a while I was tattoo, but then I decided I didn't like being thought of as that little guy on Fantasy Island (oh and I have 9 tattoo's I'd have a 10th if Tungsten would ever get that picture for me.)

• Administrator
I have 9 tattoo's I'd have a 10th if Tungsten would ever get that picture for me.)

I think it's kind of weird that you want my portrait on you, but if that makes you happy. :mad:

Just kidding. One of the guys here at work is pretty good at Disney-esque cartoon art and SFB wants a dinosaur drawn. I'll ask him to take a swing at it today when I see him.

Mars - God of War.

Wolf - From the German Wolfpack.

That's a lie related to me. Actually my screen name is a combination of two nicknames.

Mars - Shortened form of Marse (as in Marse Robert E. Lee) from an interest in the Civil War.

Wolf - I know a lot about and like wolves.

I don't use my real name, but make it easy for folks to figure it out. Like saying that I'm chairman of the Sullivan County Library Board.

dkd83 = my initials plus my jersey number when I played football in the earlier 1980s. I use it whenever possible to cut down on the confusion that arises from having too many on-line aliases.

I have also used Ximenes - after the 16th century cardinal that served as regent in Castile (Spain) for king Charles I and Lugalzagesi - after a 3rd millennium BC king of Sumer. (yes, I am a history geek)

Again a email derived name using my first and last name initials (NS) and a version of my name nate (Nathan) followed by 02 because nsnate was already taken. Every time I switch services or get a new user name I use it cause i can't remember anything.

I LOVE tennessee...even the librarians go armed!

:cool:

Just kidding Mars...I know you're no librarian.

Glad someone knows that. :D

But one of the reasons our library policy is written as it is is to allow the librarians, as well as the patrons, to pack. County employment policy may countermand that. I haven't checked. We do have one library branch on school grounds, but the rest are OK to legally carry in. We just say no illegal weapons.

It's just the name of an obscure Forest Whitaker movie that I liked. It has no particular relevance for me. If you get a chance, check out the movie. I thought it was interesting (if somewhat strange).

Good Movie... I've been meaning to rent that again recently, believe it or not, reminded of it by your alias here.

Guest Voodoo_1
tn = Tennessee

roadrunner = have an RV and run the roads.

roadrunner, that is exactly what my plans are as soon as I turn 62. A 38' motor coach running from the Florida Keys in the winter to Yellowstone in the summer.:D

Guest Hornet Handler
roadrunner, that is exactly what my plans are as soon as I turn 62. A 38' motor coach running from the Florida Keys in the winter to Yellowstone in the summer.:D

I'm changing your name to Snowbird-1

Guest Voodoo_1
I'm changing your name to Snowbird-1

Thats got a nice ring to it, but I've got about 9 more years of being Voodoo-1. You never want to wish your life away, but it sure will be nice just to get away from it all.:D

I love your avatar. I convinced my sons to watch "Dr. Strangelove". You gotta love that movie (but you do have to have to right kind of sense of humor to appreciate it!).

Peter Sellers was brilliant in that movie... indeed a classic! I'm embarrassed to say that I don't own the movie, but my rental rap-sheet indicates that I am a 'repeat-offender'...

My wife hates when I make her sit through it (but then, she makes me sit thru 'Shrek', etc..... fair 'nuf)

:(

Not sure if many would say that I have the 'right' sense of humor... but I find this move insanely funny!

"You don't think I'd go into combat with loose change in my pocket, do you?" - Colonel "Bat" Guano