Free Rifle Bag with SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace

The only thing that irritated me was that they shipped mine Signature Required and had it flagged where I couldn't re-route the shipment. I can understand that with firearms but not with this. Normally after I get the 1st delivery attempt sticker on my door, I can have them drop my parcel at the nearest FedEx store the next day for convenient pickup. I couldn't so that with this one so I had to pony up an extra $5 for Saturday delivery and then hang out at home during my selected 3-hour time window.

SweetBrown.jpg

Edited by monkeylizard

The only thing that irritated me was that they shipped mine Signature Required and had it flagged where I couldn't re-route the shipment. I can understand that with firearms but not with this. Normally after I get the 1st delivery attempt sticker on my door, I can have them drop my parcel at the nearest FedEx store the next day for convenient pickup. I couldn't so that with this one so I had to pony up an extra $5 for Saturday delivery and then hang out at home during my selected 3-hour time window.

SweetBrown.jpg

That sucks! I will be out of town next week and am not sure of my house sitter schedule. Well it looks like this will be an adventure. I ordered mine on the 12th and I have seen nothing about it being already shipped, so it needs to be here Monday or I will have to jump through hoops after I get back. I was told by Fed Ex that they try delivery 3 times and then they send it back to shipper.

Edited by LI0NSFAN

.... I was told by Fed Ex that they try delivery 3 times and then they send it back to shipper.

Nah, they hold it a while after the 3 attempts before shipping it back. Not sure how long with FedEx Ground -- UPS holds it a week.

Should be same length of time as if you request hold at FedEx location, whatever that length of time is.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 3 weeks later...

He probably shouldn't have VFG on pistol unless registered as AOW

IMG_1505.jpg

You're right, unless it's 26" OAL. Really can't tell barrel length from angle myself.

- OS

In the video of this, they say that the Lower is a registered SBR.

• 2 weeks later...

In the video of this, they say that the Lower is a registered SBR.

That would be a waste IMHO.  The main draw for a Sig Brace is not having to go the SBR route.  And as far as I know (someone correct me if I am wrong) putting a Sig Brace on an SBR does not change its legal status so you could still not cross state line with out permission etc.

That would be a waste IMHO.  The main draw for a Sig Brace is not having to go the SBR route.  And as far as I know (someone correct me if I am wrong) putting a Sig Brace on an SBR does not change its legal status so you could still not cross state line with out permission etc.

Yeah, you'd just shooting your SBR without a stock, which is okay.

Found I think original source of the pic, which explains why they used a registered SBR, just to be uber safe with review:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/18/sig-sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-review/

- OS

Wait a tic....

This just brought a question to my mind.  You cannot take a NFA weapon out of state without filing more paperwork, right?

So, what if one has an SBR registered lower and adds a 16" upper to it.  Can it now be treated as a non-NFA rifle?  Could one take it wherever without asking permission?

Just curious.  I don't own any NFA-type weapons.... yet.

Wait a tic....

This just brought a question to my mind.  You cannot take a NFA weapon out of state without filing more paperwork, right?

So, what if one has an SBR registered lower and adds a 16" upper to it.  Can it now be treated as a non-NFA rifle?  Could one take it wherever without asking permission?

Just curious.  I don't own any NFA-type weapons.... yet.

No. The lower is the regulated part. If it's NFA, it's no bueno to cross state lines without filing the paperwork.

As I understand it the answer is yes, if you do not also possess the parts necessary for it to be a SBR (ie, a short barrel). It's clear you may even sell the lower, or the lower configured with a 16" or longer barrel, as a normal non-NFA firearm.

The SBR is only under the purview of NFA rules when it is in SBR config, or can be made to be with parts "under the owner's control".

Seems the real gray area would be traveling with a registered SBR lower and any short barrel, like even one on a complete AR pistol. While this would be fine under the normal "constructive possessive" test, according to strict interpretation of ATF rules, it might still be seen as also having a complete SBR. I've never seen an exact answer for that one, though maybe there is one. But not exactly how there could be, since you don't really register the upper with the lower when filing for SBR, I believe you only have to provide caliber and barrel length?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I learn something new each day. I always thought the lower was once-an-NFA-always-an-NFA. I knew it could have a rifle upper installed and it wouldn't be considered an SBR in that config, but I assumed all other NFA regulations followed it, including sale and interstate transport.

I learn something new each day. I always thought the lower was once-an-NFA-always-an-NFA. I knew it could have a rifle upper installed and it wouldn't be considered an SBR in that config, but I assumed all other NFA regulations followed it, including sale and interstate transport.

Well, exact meaning parts under owner's "control" is still a bit up in the air as far as interstate travel, maybe, (like does that mean "possess" or "own them back at home", though I'd opine the latter).

But the selling part is quite clear. See what you glean from ATF FAQ's (which are sometimes decalared wrong by ATF itself but never revised -- the blanket notification to shipper is a long-standing incorrect one for example):

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot