The Walking Dead coming to broadcast television

JAB

Last night I saw an advertisement stating that "The Walking Dead" will be coming to MyNetwork TV (Channel 8-2 in the Knoxville area) in October.  Of course this will be the old shows, starting with the first season, in syndication or whatever you call it but for people who don't haven't had a chance to watch it, before, this will be a chance to see what the talk is about.  I no longer have cable (it isn't even available where I live, now) but have seen all of the episodes to date.  Still, I will probably watch it on MyNetwork just because reruns of The Walking Dead - even with some of the shortcomings in the recent seasons - is still better than 99% of the programming - and better than 100% of the Surviving Dancing with the Bachelorette's Big Brother - crap that is on.  The show does include a good bit of blood and gore, sometimes, as well as (pretty mild, IMO) cursing so I just hope that they don't have to 'cut' and 'censor' so much that it ruins the feel of the show.

Edited by JAB

I am certain that it will be cut and censored so much that it ruins the feeling. I would never watch something like The Walking Dead on network TV and have come to avoid most movies there also after seeing many of my favorites butchered.

• Like 1

Well, we already did vampires and werewolves. Would a Frankenstein's monster resurgence be too close to zombies? (The recent movie was a bit meh) Which is next up to the fore?

Edited by tnguy

I am certain that it will be cut and censored so much that it ruins the feeling. I would never watch something like The Walking Dead on network TV and have come to avoid most movies there also after seeing many of my favorites butchered.

Don't see why My TV would censor it. It's a "network" in same way as AMC.

- OS

Because AMC is seen through a subscription (cable or satellite). The MyTV networks are over-the-air-broadcasts like NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox. The FCC has different rules for the 2 classes of networks.

I think we need a remake of Night Of The Lepus.

Edited by monkeylizard

Because AMC is seen through a subscription (cable or satellite). The MyTV networks are over-the-air-broadcasts like NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox. The FCC has different rules for the 2 classes of networks.

Well, if they cut the gore, each show will be 15 min long.

- OS

• Like 1

It's not so much the gore (though that kind of cut can be annoying) as the cuts and mangling of the dialog. And that's less about the words themselves and more about it being so obvious and cack-handed that it takes you out of the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmRTUNh1vPo

Well, if they cut the gore, each show will be 15 min long.

- OS

Not just the gore but I think saying words like 'shi*', which they do say on TWD, probably will not allowed on broadcast television.  Like I said, I consider the cursing 'mild' but whoever makes the dumbass decisions that this word is allowed on broadcast television and that one isn't probably won't allow some of those words to get by.  It probably won't be as bad as trying to watch something like "Goodfellas" on broadcast television but I would be concerned about screwing up the continuity.

Edited by JAB