Guardians of the Galaxy

Did a search for the movie title, didn't see any threads.

I collected comics back in the 80's and 90's, so I only knew the old Guardians....which frankly I didn't care for. Never saw the rebooted version of it from 2008, so I wasn't real excited when we decided on a whim to see it. We had free tickets....so how bad could it be?

I thought this movie was phenomenal. I've been to see it at the IMAX twice and I would probably go a third time. I loved everything about it from the characters, the visuals, the timing on the jokes (dance off bro, you and me) and the soundtrack was awesome, hah.

Guest Broomhead
It was truly awesome. One of the best, funniest movies I've ever seen. I literally lmao'd through almost the whole movie. The ending scene with Groot was the funniest, imnsho.

I agree the effects were great, the character designs/costumes were really well done, and the casting was spot on. Don't get me started on Zoe Saldana.

Ok already....I'll give it a go.

I'd pretty much decided not to see it, as I was a big comic geek; and it was almost blasphemous to see what had been done to the orginal story and characters. But with the multitude of really raving reviews, I guess I'll go this weekend.

Guest Broomhead
Turtles was good. The turtles, and especially Splinter, really needed to have a better design. The turtles kinda grow on you throughout the movie, but Splinter is just too funky looking. The fight scenes are great. There's a hilarious part in a semi with Megan Fox. The character personalities really matched the original cartoon's well.

Just a heads up for parents. I took my boys yesterday (8&10) to see it.  We all enjoyed the movie, probably for different reasons but there was certainly something for all of us.  The one thing that surprised me was the amount of foul language.  Being associated with the Marvel Avengers series I really wasn't expecting it.  While most of the Marvel movies are rated PG-13 it's usually due to the violence.  There were multiple usages of Sh%T, Dick, and A-hole.  There was also a pretty funny bird flipping scene.  Nothing my kids hadnt seen or heard before but thought I'd throw it out there as a PSA.

Glad to hear it, I've been wanting to go see both this and Ninja Turtles. Never even seen the Guardians comics, but the previews for the movie looked awesome

Heard great reviews, want to go see it, maybe this weekend. Ninja Turtles looks good too though.

We saw Ninja Turtles with the kids on Sunday. Guardians ruined it for us, but TMNT wasn't that bad. If you have to choose, please go see Guardians first, you won't be disappointed.

Just a heads up for parents. I took my boys yesterday (8&10) to see it.  We all enjoyed the movie, probably for different reasons but there was certainly something for all of us.  The one thing that surprised me was the amount of foul language.  Being associated with the Marvel Avengers series I really wasn't expecting it.  While most of the Marvel movies are rated PG-13 it's usually due to the violence.  There were multiple usages of Sh%T, Dick, and A-hole.  There was also a pretty funny bird flipping scene.  Nothing my kids hadnt seen or heard before but thought I'd throw it out there as a PSA.

We took our 7 year old with the stipulation "i can't shelter you from bad language, but you should know better than to repeat it".

It was a funny movie.  Great soundtrack.  I loved how Drax was so literal.  "Nothing goes over my head.  My reflexes are to fast"

And this dumb tree. And you, green whore..... YOU SHOULD STOP.

When Quill floats back to the ship and Drax makes the comment about how brave he is then asks him what artifact he rescued. Quill hands him that tape deck and he says "You are an imbecile".... I lost it.

It was a funny movie.  Great soundtrack.  I loved how Drax was so literal.  "Nothing goes over my head.  My reflexes are to fast"

Yep. One of the best lines of the movie. I did not grow up a comic book fan so in general I don't like the comic book movies. This one was pretty darn good, though.