Jeff Walle A+ Gunsmith

Has anyone had Jeff work on an AR-15?

Only to the extent that when I built my first AR I dropped it off and had him check it over to make sure I hadn't made any mistakes.

That was when he was the resident gunsmith at Specialty Arms in LaVergne. Jeff was always very good about answering my gun-newbie questions. I stopped by SA to drop off my Hi Power for him to work on, and that was the day I found out he moved to G&L. I keep meaning to go up there and see about dropping it off with him there. Maybe this next Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hickok

Yeah, Guns & Leather must not have gotten the memo.

They seem oblivious to the fact that gun shops are NOT supposed to be run by people with personality or who seem to want to take care of customers.

On top of that, they go and hire an excellent gunsmith who not only is an artist with a Dremel and a sledgehammer, but also is a nice guy! What's wrong with these people!

Hickok

• 5 years later...

Yep, Jeff is a great guy and gunsmith. +1

We hunt together and I consider him one of my best friends. We have a lot in common as he plays guitar and is a good singer too.

Jeff did a little work on my Colt Officers many long years ago when he was still with Specialty Arms. But he always seems to be stacked up when I've been there.  

His rep keeps him pretty busy, I guess.

Guns&Leather Greenbrier (615) 643-4865

Give him a call and ask him, he's an experienced and formally educated smith so I would guess so, but there may be a limiting factor involved in that kind of work. Call him, he's very approachable and you'll know in 5 min or less what he can do for ya and maybe even a ball park price. :up:

He worked on a Para 1911  for me had me in and out in 10 minutes and I have never had a issue after that. I am glad I ran across this post I need to take my Dan Wesson by and have him do a look over and talk to him about some work.