finger printing

Your local PD or Sheriff's Department can arrange that.  Local PDs are best as the Sheriff's mostly do this at the jail.. but either way if all else fails.  Some UPS centers now do it.. Mail Boxes ETC, etc...  just be sure they're done on the FD-258 cards and if you're not going to use ATF provided cards you'll need to be sure to get the correct ORI informaiton and write on them before you send things in.

I finally got the prints done at the Madison precinct of Metro Nashville pd. They provided the cards and charged me $10 for both cards. Actually very easy once I found them. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions though!! 

But does it have the ATF's ORI number at the top?

If the ORI number is for the Nashville PD your application will be rejected.

The fingerprint cards MUST come from the ATF.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

ORI needs to be

WVATF0800

ATF - NFA BRANCH

MARTINSBURG, WV

At some point as recent as the last 4-5 months it was still accetable to write this (being you could use anyone's cards) but it MUST be the info above or they will be rejected back.  They may have since changed, I haven't spoken to them directly on this I just know I've got back 4-5 forms in the last 6-7 months where we did them locally here and wrote the ORI after the fact.

Forms need to be FD-258 (blue on white background)... there's other that are identical but if they're not the blue on white they'll be rejected.

This is for a FFL but is a good instructions on what goes in all the boxes on the print cards.

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5310-12-notice.html

Mike

If you did not get them from the ATF or you did not write it in then there is no sense in waiting. I would contact the ATF on Monday and ask them to return the packet. While on the phone ask for the fingerprint cards.

Waiting 8-9 months to correct the problem could delay you a lot more than getting the correct cards right now.

Well if you did not use the ATF fingerprint cards you are going to feel the pain of doing it wrong. Wait 9-12 months then get to run around and try to fix it. I am sure they will let you keep your place in line like other errors but I have never heard what happens with the wrong fingerprint cards.

There are plenty of places cheaper than $400. But realistically what is the wait worth? For me the cost of a trust was well worth getting approval back in 20 days. Being able to use the eFile system, which is idiot proof, is worth the price of admission as well.

John Wells did mine and I could not be happier.

BTW, you can order your correct forms here.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/dcof/