Which do you prefer 9mm or 38 special for SD?

I carry a 380 Bersa or a 380 Body Guard and sometimes a 380 Llama and sometimes Bersa and BG or Llama and BG  but I also will carry a Bersa and a Phoenix 22lr in pocket. Just depends on mood when I am going out. For those folks that think a 22lr won't do the job, I hope you never get shot by one by someone that hits what they aim at with one..................jmho

The difference in a Glock 19 barrel and a j frame barrel is the problem for me. I am going tonight to pickup some .38 hollow points but don't know what to get. The snubby barrel doesn't lend itself to high muzzle velocities. Don't know if I should go for a lighter +p or a heavier standard load. I'm comfortable with pretty much anything in 9mm but I don't want to get something that won't expand in a .38. Granted I wouldn't want to be shot with any of them.

maroonandwhite quote  "Granted I wouldn't want to be shot with any of them."    Very good conclusion my friend.   I have been shot 3 different times in my life and to be perfectly honest none of them was a walk in the park. The only reason I am still here is two times the snipers were  lousy shots and the last one out shot the range of his rifle. His mark was good but the bullet penetrated into my chest just enough to bruise my breast bone pretty bad on left side and crack a rib. Like I said, None of them were a walk in the park and last one pure luck and grace of GOD .................jmho

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.