Would you wear a shirt that says this?

+1 ;)

I agree totally.

I almost wish the views and positions of each candidate up for election could be presented with out seeing their face, race, gender, religious or political affiliation - at least initially.

There is something to be said for the way they present themselves, charisma, etc, but it seems that too often the real issues get overlooked due to all manner of prejudices...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... You do realize you are agreeing with his shirt ..... right?

Yeah, but I seem to disagree with the majority that the average bloke will see it as an urbanely ironic anti-racist comment.

And sad to say, there are probably any number of black areas in particularly Memphis and Nooga where it would be even more misunderstood than average and you would be nuts to wear it, unless you are trying for the Charles Bronson thing.

- OS

Guest Jcochran88
Yeah, but I seem to disagree with the majority that the average bloke will see it as an urbanely ironic anti-racist comment.

And sad to say, there are probably any number of black areas in particularly Memphis and Nooga where it would be even more misunderstood than average and you would be nuts to wear it, unless you are trying for the Charles Bronson thing.

- OS

+1

Guest canynracer

- OS

Exactly, which is why I said this

If you do, make sure you are not carrying when you wear it...cause I am sure that the jury will say YOU started the fight...

I know I know..its true...but still...

my 2 cents...but to answer your question, no, I probably wouldnt.

Funny shirt, but I don't like to argue, so I would never wear it. It gives people a reason to start an argument with you. I'd rather have a beer with anyone, and let them keep their opinion to themselves than argue over who is right or wrong...but that is me.

• Administrator
Funny shirt, but I don't like to argue, so I would never wear it. It gives people a reason to start an argument with you. I'd rather have a beer with anyone, and let them keep their opinion to themselves than argue over who is right or wrong...but that is me.

What if they don't like the beer you ordered? :crazy:

I wouldn't wear it... but I have said that very thing to a person whom I was having a conversation with, and knew where I was coming from. It would be too easy to take that the wrong way... and it's not going to change anything... they will still vote the same, but they will hate you for pointing out why. Lose-Lose situation.

I love the shirt and would wear it............

And for those that like to correct any english/grammar/spelling/etc. My father once told me "son, just because you know fancy words doesn't mean a thing.....if you say or write something and the other person understands it...........that's what matters."

I'm not very smart or educated.......but my father was wicked smart and educated...ironic that he said this to ME and have found a lot of meaing in it over the years. I thought I would pass that along. (just sharing wisdom)

I love the shirt and would wear it............

And for those that like to correct any english/grammar/spelling/etc. My father once told me "son, just because you know fancy words doesn't mean a thing.....if you say or write something and the other person understands it...........that's what matters."

I'm not very smart or educated.......but my father was wicked smart and educated...ironic that he said this to ME and have found a lot of meaing in it over the years. I thought I would pass that along. (just sharing wisdom)

But as someone so eloquently stated earlier, it's reinforcing a negative stereotype of conservatives and southerners and gun owners as illiterate and therefore incompetent. That's why I'm picky about grammar, spelling, and punctuation when dealing with the enemy.

Would I wear it? Sure. Would I pay for it? Probably not.

If anyone wants one, pm me- I live in the Nashville area in Old Hickory and would be happy to meet up and give you one. I'm not concerned about making money on it, but I also wouldn't object to anyone wanting to throw a few bucks my way to help cover the cost.

I'm having 20 printed up and some are promised to people but plenty are available if you want one.