LCR Grips---too short

hipower

Today bersaguy and I got to looking over the LCR pistols.

We both agree that the grip is just too short for out tastes. We'd like something on the order of a 3-finger grip.

Yeah, yeah. I know these aren't range guns. But some of us like bigger than supplied grips on the LCR.

I've spent the last hour looking online and haven't found anything that would lead me to believe that a longer grip is available for these pistols.

So...I'm throwing this out for assistance. Does anyone have an idea? A comment or lead?

Or is this just a pipe dream.

I did send Ruger Customer Service a question on it, but I'd sure like to know something on this.

Edited by hipower
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new LCRx 3in has a lot better grip. It will fit the regular LCRs. It is a Houge as well.

It's all guesswork for me at this stage, holding mine up to the photo; it appears the LCRx grip is maybe 1/2 longer at best. But will check with Ruger tomorrow on it.

Yep, that's close. But not really wanting to put 300 in it just for a pistol I'll probably sell. If it came down to it and I liked the pistol enough...maybe.

But not there yet. lol

Thanks guys.

I checked out the 3 inch LCR and it gave me a very substantial grip. I think it might be just what you need. I don't see the grips available from Ruger without the gun too just yet.

That's what I see as well. Maybe if I beg and wheedle to Ruger CS...

1167FE72-EB7F-44D6-AE33-373369B35545-964
This was from another forum; I believe he just screwed a Pearce Extension under the Tamer grip.

Yeah, that would work I guess.

Got an answer from from Ruger CS today. Short and moderately friendly. No from them and don't know anything about a/m products.

• 1 month later...

Here's the grips reversed on the LCRs. I havnt shot the snub with the biggers grip, but the three inch isn't as snappy as the snub is. I could shoot +Ps all day with the three inch. I would be hurting with a half a box of +Ps in the snubby. The extra finger lessons recoil magically.

I def will get the larger grip for the snub, when hells freezes and Houge sells them.

27769c23ea16d0b75abb192b9ff2a4ca_zps8651ffd122da55baf94b693184ee4b1b37f9_zpsb867

Here's the grips reversed on the LCRs. I havnt shot the snub with the biggers grip, but the three inch isn't as snappy as the snub is. I could shoot +Ps all day with the three inch. I would be hurting with a half a box of +Ps in the snubby. The extra finger lessons recoil magically.

I def will get the larger grip for the snub, when hells freezes and Houge sells them.

27769c23ea16d0b75abb192b9ff2a4ca_zps8651ffd122da55baf94b693184ee4b1b37f9_zpsb867

Thanks, I appreciate that info and pics.

But I solved my problem...I sold it and now will consider a 3" somewhere down the line.
  • 2 weeks later...

Too bad you sold the LCR. Hogue is making grips for sale now. I may have to try some on mine.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/35872/hogue-announces-grips-for-ruger-lcrs/

Thats great news. (Apparently Hell Froze over :)

I still haven't shot the snubby with the larger grips on it. I am convinced the larger grips will completely wash out the felt recoil on the snubby. Reason being, the three inch is absolutely a pleasure to shoot with any load.  

Edited by Tncobra

I almost bought a 4" sp101 a few months ago, I'm regretting now that I passed on it. I love my GP100 in 3" and would like to get a 4" next. I'm just a sucker for wheel guns.

Specialty Arms had one in the case earlier in the week. I think it was 459/469 on sale.