Online big game check in

I was checking out the online check in process when I accidentally submitted the form. Is this something to worry about or just ignore it? 

At this point I would not worry about it, unless it was multiple bucks its not like you will run out of tags. 

At this point I would not worry about it, unless it was multiple bucks its not like you will run out of tags. 

Thanks, I've lived here several years but have never had the time or opportunity to do any hunting here. Back in WV lived on the family farm and didn't have to have a license. 

BTW the form I submitted was for just one doe. Biggest thing I was worried about is, I don't have the 094 with my license. 

Thanks, I've lived here several years but have never had the time or opportunity to do any hunting here. Back in WV lived on the family farm and didn't have to have a license. 

BTW the form I submitted was for just one doe. Biggest thing I was worried about is, I don't have the 094 with my license. 

What part of WV?  I hunt on a family farm in Milton, WV every year.  Great hunting.  The sad part is that an out of state WV hunting license is about to become cheaper than a Tennessee Sportsman License come July 1st.

Do you have a big game permit?, I think its a 09-011, if not even though I don't think the system checks, you may be wise to call them to clear that entry then.  If you are checked later, it may come up that you checked in a deer without a license.  If you do have one, then again no harm done.   

The system should warn you that you don't have the correct license before allowing you to submit...oh well its new, might be something for a future release.

What part of WV? I hunt on a family farm in Milton, WV every year. Great hunting. The sad part is that an out of state WV hunting license is about to become cheaper than a Tennessee Sportsman License come July 1st.

I grew up in Alum Creek, just outside of Charleston.

Do you have a big game permit?, I think its a 09-011, if not even though I don't think the system checks, you may be wise to call them to clear that entry then. If you are checked later, it may come up that you checked in a deer without a license. If you do have one, then again no harm done.

The system should warn you that you don't have the correct license before allowing you to submit...oh well its new, might be something for a future release.

Wow just saw the need for additional licenses for big game etc. I've read thru the licenses several times trying to figure out everything I would need to hunt deer. First I thought just a hunting license was all I needed, then see the 094 to kill does, now I found the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up. I sent them an email.

Kinda makes me want to give up and quit hunting. Certainly won't be doing any deer hunting now the rest of this season. :(

Wow just saw the need for additional licenses for big game etc. I've read thru the licenses several times trying to figure out everything I would need to hunt deer. First I thought just a hunting license was all I needed, then see the 094 to kill does, now I found the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the heads up. I sent them an email.

Kinda makes me want to give up and quit hunting. Certainly won't be doing any deer hunting now the rest of this season. :(

Nah, don't despair.  Its different but not overly so.  Though it may be late in the season, it may not be a total bust.  Get the 09 if you hunt rifle and go drop you one.  I don't think you need the 094 unless you are on WMAs, someone correct me if I am wrong but I think one of the three (depending on what you hunt with) is all you  need for deer, buck or doe.

AIUI, you need the 094 for doe. It's a quotaless permit (for the unlimited doe) in addition to being for the WMA. The regular big-game gun permit only gives you 3 antlered deer for the season.

Right?

No, I am pretty sure all you need is the hunting and one of the weapon permits.  The 094 is so you can go into a WMA participate  in a non-quota hunt.  Before I retired that is all I would buy, and the Ft Campbell permit and the wardens never said I needed anything else.  I never hunted WMAs so never purchased any of those permits.  Of course things change, so I could be off, but I don't think so.

Yea, I think you guys are right. Things have changed a bunch, read the Ft. Campbell regs and now you have to harvest one doe before you get a buck.  I am in unit L, land owner now, and lifetime license holder as of 04 so I guess I haven't kept up like I should.  In other states, regs had a "whats new" section, I guess I missed it.

Sportsman license covers everything including the WMA and non-quota permits. So yes you can shoot does.

Annual Sportsman
An all-inclusive license valid for hunting, trapping, and sport fishing without any state supplemental licenses or non-quota permits and allows holders to apply for quota permits at no additional fee. Annual Sportsman licenses can be purchased from all license agents. Edited by jonathon1289