So I am starting to get pissed

As long as the government gives special benefits to any group of people there will always be some who abuse it. Whether it be disability benefits , parking benefits, tax breaks, food stamps, whatever. We just have to accept the fact that any time society tries to help people, there will always be someone to abuse it. We can not stop it so we may as well spend our time worrying about something that we can change. I think I'll send a check to Knox Area Rescue Ministries tomorrow. Maybe I can actualy help change something by that.

• Like 1

When I worked at sprint we had the only two handicapped spots in the entire row. I always had to tell people to move if they didnt have a card on their vehicle. And most of them moved, but a few were complete dicks and I refused them service. But it never failed. Worse where the ones who parked in between the spots. I mean, REALLY?

I had a written letter to inform the license plate issuing office telling them of the seriousness of my need and they issued me a license plate and all I do is put the new stickers on it each year. If they wanted to crack down on the abuse quit giving out a plaque to everyone that walks in and asks for one and make them get metal license plates. That way they cannot move it from one vehicle to another because that is illegal for sure and they won't be able to move a plaque from one vehicle to another for a quick trip to the store like many people are doing.....................jmho

See your point, but...we opted for the placard so as not to unnecessarily reveal her handicap status to some criminal looking for an easy mark. Of course that could lead to a serious error in the victim selection process. ;)

I have seen an untold number of people pull in a HC spot and get out and stroll right in walking better than me and I have no HC , it pisses me to no end. I want to beat the crap out of them and set their car on fire but I would prob end up in jail....

I understand your opinion, but you don't have walk funny or bad to be handicapped and qualify for a placard. My sister has one lung (due to lung cancer) and has one, as well as my Daughter inlaw's father who has a pacemaker. A Doctor can sign a form for anyone, for any reason to get a HC placard. Just because a person doesn't "look" handicapped  doesn't mean they aren't in total misery while walking into a store. Just my :2cents:

Dave

• Like 1

I understand your opinion, but you don't have walk funny or bad to be handicapped and qualify for a placard. My sister has one lung (due to lung cancer) and has one, as well as my Daughter inlaw's father who has a pacemaker. A Doctor can sign a form for anyone, for any reason to get a HC placard. Just because a person doesn't "look" handicapped  doesn't mean they aren't in total misery while walking into a store. Just my :2cents:

Dave

Well I haven't done it yet but I will ask if I'm in a bad mood one day and decide to carry out my mission. :)
I think this topic reflects society. The gov tries to do what's right but can make it problematic. If the majority had values, honesty and a respect for human worth we wouldn't need placards.
Of course we are way beyond that.

When I lived in Germany there were parking spots for women in the garages. I thought that was a good idea and always wondered if a man was with the woman, could they still park there?