3Gun Shotty 1301 comp or MVTactical

You're buying your 1st semi auto shotgun for 3 gun....which do you pick between the 2?

There are several good options for 3 Gun Shotguns these days but why not buy once and cry once... ? The 1301 gets good reviews from the guys I know that run them but I still believe the Benelli M2 is the top of the line.

Never heard of MVTactical and didn't find anything with a real quick google search.....

There are several good options for 3 Gun Shotguns these days but why not buy once and cry once... ? The 1301 gets good reviews from the guys I know that run them but I still believe the Benelli M2 is the top of the line.

Never heard of MVTactical and didn't find anything with a real quick google search.....

Versa Max Tactical.  I missed up the M and V.

Out of those two, I think VM. Simpler gas system and seems a little easier to load. Heavier than the Beretta, but less recoil. That's a tough choice.

Cough cough save money and get a Stoeger m3000. Mines never hiccuped yet

I've been reading some good things about the Stoeger m3000. I was saving for an M2, but After a lot of research, I think the Stoeger is my next 3gun shotgun at $485. Glad to hear that yours runs good.

I went with the 1301 Comp. Got it at Gander Mountain of all places. I wanna it was either the same price or $100 less than what 2 LGS's quoted me to order it. Got the 21" barrel. Much lighter than the VersaMax..... holding them side by side I didn't remember the VM being that dang heavy! They didn't have an M2 field model in stock.

There was an odd Benelli on the rack for $750 but I didn't recognize the name so I wasn't sure if they would have mag tubes and stuff for it or not. It might have even been used I'm not sure.  But I'm happy with my 1301 and my add on goodies will be here Tuesday :D    I got the +7 tube because Shooters Connection didn't have a +6....oh well just have more ammo to shoot in the gun :D

• Like 2

So when are you gonna do this to it?
d2e511ff5e19fa6d0e7b0b790335cd41.jpg

Probably never LOL   My hand is big enough to manipulate 4 shells at one time......unless it's a 410.

Maybe I need to set up my Mossberg 500 410 for quad loading, think that would get me a few more rabbits or squirrels.

I just purchased a 1301 and hoping to do my first 3G next weekend. Most likely won't tinker with it for a while but wondered if you could get this or lifter welding done locally.

I thought tinkering/cutting/filing/welding was required within 24 hours on race guns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said "Shotty"  

Friends don't let friends use the word Shotty.  . We all know "that guy" who is always the know it all on every subject and want's you to believe that he lives the most perfect life.   I know two of those guys and they like to use words like Shotty for shotguns and Lappy for Laptops, etc.