Happy Feet!

daddyo

Well excuuusssee mmmeeee!!!!!!!!   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Steve Martin has always been a favorite comic of mine....much more so when me morphed into movies. All of Me and Parenthood are some of the best. It is interesting to see how his career has mellowed into semi serious roles like The Big Year. That man can rip on a banjo too!

Edited by ArmyBrat61
  • Like 1

Well excuuusssee mmmeeee!!!!!!!!   :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

Steve Martin has always been a favorite comic of mine....much more so when me morphed into movies. All of Me and Parenthood are some of the best. It is interesting to see how his career has mellowed into semi serious roles like The Big Year. That man can rip on a banjo too!

Not everyone got his bizarre sense of humor. But, then some of us have a bizarre sense of humor ourselves!

I saw him at the Fox Theater in Atlanta in 1978, at the height of his stand-up career. I think he is the funniest guy on the planet. And you are correct, he is an excellent musician and I love the way he incorporates his humor into his music.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Not everyone got his bizarre sense of humor. But, then some of us have a bizarre sense of humor ourselves!

I saw him at the Fox Theater in Atlanta in 1978, at the height of his stand-up career. I think he is the funniest guy on the planet. And you are correct, he is an excellent musician and I love the way he incorporates his humor into his music.

Bizarre, clean, off beat, physical and unexpected....you could watch a Steve Martin stand up segment or movie and not worry about who walked in......Robin Williams, you had to be careful as he could be raunchy....embarassed the hell out of my Mother once...nanoo nanoo no more for her.

Edited by ArmyBrat61

Bizarre, clean, off beat, physical and unexpected....you could watch a Steve Martin stand up segment or movie and not worry about who walked in......Robin Williams, you had to be careful as he could be raunchy....embarassed the hell out of my Mother once...nanoo nanoo no more for her.

That's very true. I had a similar experience while watching one of his HBO specials with mine.

But Williams was so inventive...demented(?) in the way he could run off in a thousand directions with just one word. And seemingly make anything a long monologue.

Still miss his Tonight Show appearances.

• Like 1

I really like the Jonathan Winters/Robin Williams segments....two true comedy giants....

Very true. I think Jonathan Winters was more insane than Robin. Truly a comic genius.

You guys are right. That's pure comedy gold...the likes of which we will never see again.