New Insect Repellent... Mossberg style

TGO David

• Administrator
haha good to hear! I knew that if you got a smokin deal it wasnt from the big chains. Was that an anti-semite remark?...you are a closet Obama fan arent you :P :P

No, it was an anti man-on-man fellatio remark. :)

FWIW, the Dicks price is cheaper than what I gave, but you have to find a store that has them. I'm not saying how much cheaper or anything more than that. It's just funny that you can tell people here where to find a smoking deal on anything, and the usual suspects arrive on scene with a better source or a better price or whatever. Which is pretty much why I don't care to say exactly what I paid or where I got it.

That is a good thought. :) My wallet is almost fully recovered from my trip to Hero Gear on Friday! A nice S&W 642 (no lock) and Tactical Innovations lower made it home with me. :)

Congrats! How do you like the 642? They make sweet little pocket guns don't they? :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flyfishtn

Congrats! How do you like the 642? They make sweet little pocket guns don't they? :up:

Thank you. I really like it and I just got the off the phone with Alan with Aholster (thank you Todd for the rec) ordering my new pocket holster..

Carried it all weekend in my waist pack while I fished the South Holston and the Watauga and didn't even know it was there. :usa:

• Administrator
Thank you. I really like it and I just got the off the phone with Alan with Aholster (thank you Todd for the rec) ordering my new pocket holster..

Carried it all weekend in my waist pack while I fished the South Holston and the Watauga and didn't even know it was there. :usa:

Thanks for reminding me of the Aholster fellow. I couldn't remember the name and have been wanting to order one for my 442. :up:

Guest flyfishtn
Thanks for reminding me of the Aholster fellow. I couldn't remember the name and have been wanting to order one for my 442. :usa:

Not a problem. He is great to deal with, one call, took my info and will ship it out in under two weeks (said it may be before that).

Plus he appreciates the referral business. :up:

Guest eyebedam
Not a problem. He is great to deal with, one call, took my info and will ship it out in under two weeks (said it may be before that).

Plus he appreciates the referral business. :usa:

Im gonna give him a call myself. I need a holster for my 642. I wish he had more shots of the J frame holsters on his website. Maybe if theres enough interest we could get a group discount? If tung wants 1 & I get 1 & I know theres a ton more jfrome owners on here?

Guest eyebedam
Being that he's a small, one man shop, I think I'm just going to stick to paying his full asking price. I'd feel better not asking him to cut his profit margin.

True I didnt think of that. You have a pm headed your way shortly. I want to keep the focus of the thread on your shottie.

Guest Astra900

Nice scatter gun there King Tung. I remember reading a review a while back where Blackwater put it through the wringer. The gun passed and asked for more if I remember the article.

I wish I could afford one, but being a lowly serf, I'll have to stick with the personally modified Mossberg 500 Limited edition *I thought I asked you to leave* model.:usa:

Guest flyfishtn
Being that he's a small, one man shop, I think I'm just going to stick to paying his full asking price. I'd feel better not asking him to cut his profit margin.

To close this :usa: out. It is only $24.95 plus shipping. It is the best deal around.

Guest Astra900
and i thought i had the only production model of that one!

Well, you probably have the gold edition. Mine happens to be the anniversary Platinum edition.:usa:

Tungsten: Have you had time to get it dirty? I'd like to know what kinda pattern it makes at a given range. Please good sir, do tell.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VolGrad

Nice choice. I have a 930 SPX ... sort of.

It started off as a 930 Tactical when I purchased it. It had some issues and had to be sent back to Mossberg right off the bat. It had two followers in the mag tube for one ... and wouldn't extract anything. It also had less capacity that it was stated. The Mossberg guys admitted they had done a cut and paste for the Tactical off another 930 and threw in an ext mag tube when they did the repair. The problem was ... with the ext tube the Tactical barrel wouldn't fit. In the end I chose to keep the ext tube for extra capacity and they replaced the barrel with a standard one. It is now some sort of combo 930 - half 930 SPX (less the ghost rings) and half home security (add the ext tube and white dot FS).

It runs flawlessly now and feel very light and agile for my short little arms. I recommend this shotgun to anyone who asks. For the money you can't beat it.

My ONLY complaint is the forearm on mine wobbles ever so slightly. I can't get it to tighten up.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

While waiting for some database conversions to process, I took some [crappy] pictures of the 930SPX. I have added a light to it since I bought it, but never got around to taking any pictures. These aren't the best but they show what's important. :D

mossberg590SPX001.jpg

mossberg590SPX002.jpg

mossberg590SPX003.jpg

mossberg590SPX004.jpg

mossberg590SPX005.jpg

The light is a Streamlight TLR1. It's mounted on a Streamlight tube-mount. I added a Streamlight battery door with remote plug-in port and a Streamlight rifle remote pressure switch. The pressure switch is ideally positioned for my thumb to activate (I shoot lefty) or my wife's fingertips to activate (she shoots righty).

I sleep with this under my pillow.

• Administrator
I always thought that I should get a pump action for home defense...cause I wanted that undeniable "sound"....but I really like what you got there...

You're only pumping it if you leave it unchambered. Why would you do that? :clap:

The sound of this thing's bolt being cycled is pretty close to that of a pump gun being racked, and honestly I like the element of surprise so I just leave it chambered and tucked safely away. The only hint that a home intruder might get that his life is about to be cut violently short would be the sudden blindness from the Streamlight.

You're only pumping it if you leave it unchambered. Why would you do that? :clap:

The sound of this thing's bolt being cycled is pretty close to that of a pump gun being racked, and honestly I like the element of surprise so I just leave it chambered and tucked safely away. The only hint that a home intruder might get that his life is about to be cut violently short would be the sudden blindness from the Streamlight.

I do the same with my mossberg. The only sound they might hear is the safety sliding forward. No need to make extra noise so you can't hear where an intruder might be.

That is a sweet setup.